PGP - are you too good to show us your bloopers??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This thread is so hard to keep up with on my phone :lol: I need practice.

Goodnight all, and may anyone who's considering adding shows (including me :shifty:) decide to do so and then happen upon a large sum of money :D

I think the rest of us are going to both, though. and chances are, Thora will be convinced to, as well. :wink:

:lol: You can try to convince me, but I highly doubt I'll change my mind. I'm not really interested in seeing them twice in 2 days. :reject: I love them and all, but that's a little bit too much for me...

See above re: flight prices.

Booooooooooo.

There's plenty of time for the flight prices to go down! :D

Ehhhh, I don't know. It would have to be a screaming deal, as it could be a 3 hour drive (including any border traffic).

I'll keep checking. It's quite a ways off yet.

They'll go down. Thora is looking for cheap flights too. Would you be averse to flying out of Vancouver? I'm sure Thora could let you know what she finds. :)

Right now flights from Vancouver are around $220 each way thru WestJet, so that's not bad. It will definitely go down before then. I'm planning on going the Thurs - Sun.

Night Val! :hug:

Cori, I'm not sure how into multiple-multiple shows you are, but if you went to the Montreal shows, you could take the train from there to Toronto, like the rest of us are, and do that show too...rooming with us would be relatively cheap, so that would be a third show to lesson the blow of the plane fare. I do guarantee you it'll be a ton of fun. :up:

I don't know that I'd do that - vacation days are also an issue, as I have to save half of my time next year for Ireland.

I also have Minneapolis at the end of July, so I don't want to do a TON of shows, especially right in a row. I like doing both nights of a two-night stand, but don't know if I'd want to jump right to Toronto.

Right now flights from Vancouver are around $220 each way thru WestJet, so that's not bad. It will definitely go down before then. I'm planning on going the Thurs - Sun.

Wow, that sounds pretty awesome! Do you think they'll go down much from there? That's worth it driving up from Seattle, right?

:coripeerpressure:

:wink:

:lmao:!! Like that'd ever happen :lol:

I know! Sarah's like the most inoffensive person ever. I'm sure I'm far more unlikable than she is. :lol:

I don't know that I'd do that - vacation days are also an issue, as I have to save half of my time next year for Ireland.

I also have Minneapolis at the end of July, so I don't want to do a TON of shows, especially right in a row. I like doing both nights of a two-night stand, but don't know if I'd want to jump right to Toronto.
It's SO much fun to do consecutive shows, even if it's for the fatigue factor, and how that makes everything a little nuts. It's something that everyone should experience once. :up:

4.50ak i really should go to bed. :crack::crack::crack:

:lol:

ETA: Toronto. :combsut: :love:

I would talk you into staying up longer, if it weren't nearly 5 am where you are. :yikes: :love: You're such a trooper for hanging in as long as you did. Plus, you make me look less drunk. :shh: :wink: :kiss:

Depends on what time the flight is, I guess. I don't know. Unless something drastically changes in my financial situation between now and then, I don't know if this one's feasible.

Don't hold the hotel slot for me, but I'll definitely keep this all in the back of my head. :)

Oh, and also - I don't do well with fatigue. I become decidedly less fun. :(

Although, granted, I've never done it in a U2 context. Two nights of little sleep isn't the end of the world, but if I'm doing a GA line at both, I don't know how fun I'd be. And then add two more shows on top of it? I want to go to bed just thinking about it!

VP, I downloaded the ConvertX to DVD because my other program was truncating some of my files as they were converting.

But it's telling me the flv files are unsupported. Some of them, it lets me drag and drop. But others, I get the error message. wtf?

G'night, Jem! :hug:

Although, granted, I've never done it in a U2 context. Two nights of little sleep isn't the end of the world, but if I'm doing a GA line at both, I don't know how fun I'd be. And then add two more shows on top of it? I want to go to bed just thinking about it!

This is exactly like me, and why I'll only be doing one show. :lol: I'm a princess and need my sleep in order to function properly. :laugh:

Depends on what time the flight is, I guess. I don't know. Unless something drastically changes in my financial situation between now and then, I don't know if this one's feasible.

Don't hold the hotel slot for me, but I'll definitely keep this all in the back of my head. :)

I'm not even sure what I'm doing, with regard to lining up for the three shows. The odds of me camping out or lining up butt-ass early for all three shows is very unlikely. So, if you want to sleep and line up later, do that, and your roommates will do their best not to wake you.

I hate to be one of "those" people, but from the limited experience I've had so far this tour, being up close isn't all that (I'd rather go to the trouble of that for an arena show) and being back by the soundboard isn't all that bad.

Anyway, something for you to consider. And besides the shows, hanging out with this crew is SO much fun. :)

That's good to know. I definitely want to be close for at least one of the shows (like Seattle), so it helps to know that there would be people in the group that might want to hang back. :)

I'll keep my eyes out for deals and see what I can finagle.

VP, I downloaded the ConvertX to DVD because my other program was truncating some of my files as they were converting.

But it's telling me the flv files are unsupported. Some of them, it lets me drag and drop. But others, I get the error message. wtf?

Oh no. :( That makes no sense, why would it work with some and not others? (I hope you didn't pay for it if you're having trouble?).

The only thing I can suggest, if they're all .flv files, is to google it, maybe? There seems to be a large knowledge base of troubleshooting for that program.

No, I used Demonoid, so thanks for that! :)

No big at this point. I've only run across two files so far that for whatever reason, only partially converted. I'm trying another free program to see if I have any luck there.

Back
Top Bottom