PGP - are you too good to show us your bloopers??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I could go in a boring scientific talk here on how working out literally makes you feel good due to substances being released in the brain when you do so, but I'll save you the hassle. :wink:

It's smarter to not do too much at the beginning, that's the common mistake people make. They start working out like crazy and get frustrated when their body complains about it. Just start slowly and work your way up. :)
Which excercises did you get?

Oh, I know all the scientific stuff. I've been hearing my friends talk about it for years, and finally I get it! :wink:

My goal is just really to stop the spread of the flab, and if I can get rid of some flab in the meantime, AWESOME. I was blessed with some pretty good genes, so I've been very lucky to mostly eat what I want and not have to exercise much to keep myself looking pretty much the same.

Well, well, once you turn 35, it's kind of not the case anymore. :grumpy: But changing my diet is really hard - I hate cooking and like to eat what I like to eat, so I figured exercise was the way to go, to at least prevent myself from gaining more weight and to reap a few extra benefits along the way.

(And I'm not completely crap when it comes to eating - I have actually gotten better about not eating total crap, and usually not eating too much.)

After I do the elliptical (I've also tried treadmill and the stationery bikes, but I just like the elliptical so much more - it's fun!), I do some lunges or squats, and then this weird move that works the muscle at the back of my thighs, and then two different arm exercises with 5 lb weights - I can already feel my triceps (that's the one on the back of my upper arm, right?) and biceps getting more defined, which is weird.

Then I do one of two sets of ab exercises that work the obliques, the lower abs and the upper abs, and the stuff in the back (whatever those are called!).

I've noticed the most muscle in my legs - my thighs feel really powerful these days ... and uh, my butt. I kind of like my butt now. It's like a little shelf. :shifty: I have a bubble butt!

:lol:

Anyway. Blah blah blah. I'm about to go to dinner with a friend and will pork out on margaritas and Mexican food. :drool:

Oh, I know all the scientific stuff. I've been hearing my friends talk about it for years, and finally I get it! :wink:

My goal is just really to stop the spread of the flab, and if I can get rid of some flab in the meantime, AWESOME. I was blessed with some pretty good genes, so I've been very lucky to mostly eat what I want and not have to exercise much to keep myself looking pretty much the same.

Well, well, once you turn 35, it's kind of not the case anymore. :grumpy: But changing my diet is really hard - I hate cooking and like to eat what I like to eat, so I figured exercise was the way to go, to at least prevent myself from gaining more weight and to reap a few extra benefits along the way.

(And I'm not completely crap when it comes to eating - I have actually gotten better about not eating total crap, and usually not eating too much.)

After I do the elliptical (I've also tried treadmill and the stationery bikes, but I just like the elliptical so much more - it's fun!), I do some lunges or squats, and then this weird move that works the muscle at the back of my thighs, and then two different arm exercises with 5 lb weights - I can already feel my triceps (that's the one on the back of my upper arm, right?) and biceps getting more defined, which is weird.

Then I do one of two sets of ab exercises that work the obliques, the lower abs and the upper abs, and the stuff in the back (whatever those are called!).

I've noticed the most muscle in my legs - my thighs feel really powerful these days ... and uh, my butt. I kind of like my butt now. It's like a little shelf. :shifty: I have a bubble butt!

Anyway. Blah blah blah. I'm about to go to dinner with a friend and will pork out on margaritas and Mexican food. :drool:
That is a very good reason to do it. Though I'd still recommend eating healthy as otherwise your excercises would be for naught. :wink: But a bit of sinning can't hurt as long as it's not all the time!

sounds like some good workout to me. And yea, triceps are the contra muscles in your arm, relaxed when the biceps are tensed and vice versa. Same with the muscles in your back and your abs.
:giggle: A bubble butt eh?

Mexican food sounds good! :drool:

Middle guy :drool:

:flirt: Why hello there! He's pretty cute!!

I really should go to bed. Been making late nights for three days now and it's not doing me well. :yawn: G'nite ladies!

Aw shucks! Well at least he has blue eyes. I love me a man with some fine blue eyes!

:drool: irish accents

<-- is an accent ho (at least for Commonwealth ones.. big weaknesses: Brit, Irish, Scottish, Aussie, Kiwi)

For part of my way home from New Jersey last month there was a guy a few rows behind me on the bus whose accent sounded like Adam's :drool::drool: Unfortunately I never did see what he looked like...

Drunk Wild. :cute:

Cori, awesome that you're finding running easier. :up:

I just spent 2 hrs going to the stores/kiosks of 6 wireless companies. Smartphones, Blackberries, iPhones, Androids, plus all the plans, they're all a giant jumble in my head. :scream: :crack:

I wish I had a wireless personal shopper who could take me by the hand, pick a phone for me and negotiate a contract, because I don't think I can be trusted to make the correct decision.

Cori, glad you're enjoying working out. I had an awesome run yesterday but didn't stretch (I'm so pressed for time in the afternoons that stretching usually falls by the wayside :reject: ) so today I was really sore and didn't do as well. But I am getting back up to race speed (race is 6 weeks from Sunday :yikes: ). Just be careful of that runner high - you feel really good when you start and so you push. And then you push the next day too. And maybe even a third. And on the 4th day you can't walk and can't run for 2 weeks. (happened to me when I went from 1.5 miles up to 3 miles 'cause it "felt good" :rolleyes: )

:combust : Drunk Wild!

Drunk wild. :drool:

I need a drunk cohert now. Where'd ypu go? :waiting:

I'm sweaty posting. I went to a local man-made lake that has a great 2.8 mile trail around it. Usually I walk, and the most I'm able to jog at a time is about one song's worth, so about 3-4 minutes.

All this working out I've been doing is clearly doing something for me, for I think I jogged almost half of the distance! Whew. I'm wiped - I really pushed it.

This is so weird. I am SO not a workout person. What the hell happened?

As I said on FB I really need to do this. :up: Go Cori. :cheer: :hug:

I nearly die running to a buss stop. MY metabilosim is slowing down now Im nearly 27. Need to start working out. Oir local pool reopens now on 1st September after being closed for over a year. :love: Gonna go there, try to cycle a bit and even maybe start to run. :D Inspired by my girls. Maybe one day I will even run in races/marathon sorta thinfgs like Zooey and Thora. :love:

I totally hear ya. Exercise sucks when you're first starting out, but once it becomes a regular thing, it's awesome. Which reminds me, I need to get back at it. I've gained too much weight in the past few months, and I'm feeling pretty lazy and sluggish. I'm sick and tired of it, so it's back to running I must go.

I think the exercisemight help me out of my funk and sluggisihness. :hug:

Might be coming to you for running advice ( and our Zooey and Cori :) )

Drunk Wild. :cute :

Cori, awesome that you're finding running easier. :up :

I just spent 2 hrs going to the stores/kiosks of 6 wireless companies. Smartphones, Blackberries, iPhones, Androids, plus all the plans, they're all a giant jumble in my head. :scream : :crack :

I wish I had a wireless personal shopper who could take me by the hand, pick a phone for me and negotiate a contract, because I don't think I can be trusted to make the correct decision.

Get a Blackvberry. End of. :sexywink::love:

Wild, did you remove the link? Do I have to stalk your fb?

She renoved it. :sad: Though having met NI I know what he looks tlike. :sexywink::lol:

Cori, glad you're enjoying working out. I had an awesome run yesterday but didn't stretch (I'm so pressed for time in the afternoons that stretching usually falls by the wayside :reject: ) so today I was really sore and didn't do as well. But I am getting back up to race speed (race is 6 weeks from Sunday :yikes: ). Just be careful of that runner high - you feel really good when you start and so you push. And then you push the next day too. And maybe even a third. And on the 4th day you can't walk and can't run for 2 weeks. (happened to me when I went from 1.5 miles up to 3 miles 'cause it "felt good" :rolleyes: )

When I see you in Chicago maybe you can help me train. :love: ( As well as get wet. :drool::shifty::lol: ) I want to attempt London Marathon in a few years for Cancer Resaerch in memory of my Mum. :heart:

Drunk wild. :drool:

I need a drunk cohert now. Where'd ypu go? :waiting:

I just poured a glass of cabernet, but I'm not sure if I'm going to drink enough tonight to meet your requirements, missy. :lol:

Get a Blackvberry. End of. :sexywink::love:

That's what I thought I wanted. :scream: Now I don't know. :scream:

Pretty, pretty androids. :love: And Sarah sort of fell in love with iPhones, much to her chagrin!

I just poured a glass of cabernet, but I'm not sure if I'm going to drink enough tonight to meet your requirements, missy. :lol :

That's what I thought I wanted. :scream: Now I don't know. :scream:

:lol :

Pretty, pretty androids. :love : And Sarah sort of fell in love with iPhones, much to her chagrin!

YOu always mwet my requirement.s :sexywink:

Yes you want wone. :angry::kiss:

Sarah can nbuy mine of me I needs the money. :lmao:

If I do get a blackberry, I want the Bold 9700, that much I DO know.

:love: That what I aND Edge have. :love:

Just gonna get some toadst. :drool: And maybe more food after tgta. Am hungry. :lol::drool::drool:

Blackbery, :love::bow:

:giggle:

Mmm... food! :drool: I was going to go grocery shopping after work, but since I came home after just a few hours, I didn't feel well enough then to go pick up food. I don't have much in the house to eat. I have no clue what I'll be able to conjure up for dinner. :lol:

Aww, drunk Jem too! :cute :

VP - I echo the love for Blackberry. I love mine. It's so pretty and fun to use! :love:

That's like my default phone, if I get tired of looking, I'll be like "meh, just give me the blackberry." :lol:

YOu always mwet my requirement.s :sexywink:

Yes you want wone. :angry ::kiss :

Sarah can nbuy mine of me I needs the money. :lmao:

:love: That what I aND Edge have. :love:

:lmao: I'll tell her. We talked to a guy tonight from one of the budget companies about unlocking phones, because they didn't have the BB I wanted, they only had curves, and the keyboards on those feel all weird to me. :reject:

:cute: if you get a BB thofuhn you and BB,M me for free internationaly. :heart:

:shifty:

I'd pay just to text you. :love: (and often do, lol)

Mmm... food! :drool: I was going to go grocery shopping after work, but since I came home after just a few hours, I didn't feel well enough then to go pick up food. I don't have much in the house to eat. I have no clue what I'll be able to conjure up for dinner. :lol:

I left my toast n toasert for a bit an d then eventuakky haulded my ass to get it and its abut hard now :shifty::lol: but its food. :drool::lol:

Awww hop you yfid something to eat. :hug::hug:

:lmao: I'll tell her. We talked to a guy tonight from one of the budget companies about unlocking phones, because they didn't have the BB I wanted, they only had curves, and the keyboards on those feel all weird to me. :reject:

I'd pay just to text you. :love: (and often do, lol)

:lol: If we dintl have ther internsationl problem i'd so sell it to her. :lol:

Curves. :angry: Th cruves here don't have 3g and Wifi infernet. :angry::lol:

Aww I know. :love::love::hug:

I just made homemade pizza, but I cheated and picked up premade dough. Not in a kneading mood. I'll send you some!

I left my toast n toasert for a bit an d then eventuakky haulded my ass to get it and its abut hard now :shifty::lol: but its food. :drool::lol:

Awww hop you yfid something to eat. :hug::hug:

Poor drunken Jem with her hard toast. :cute:

Sarah said that if it wasn't for possible overseas issues with the phone, she'd buy it, because she doesn't want you to "needs the money." :lol:

:lol: If we dintl have ther internsationl problem i'd so sell it to her. :lol:

Curves. :angry: Th cruves here don't have 3g and Wifi infernet. :angry::lol:

Aww I know. :love::love::hug:

Ha, great minds, about the international thing. :lol:

I still don't get the wifi thing on phones. :reject: Is it that the phone logs into wifi when it's available, so what you use doesn't come off your data plan?

Now there's a question I could have asked today! :der:

Back
Top Bottom