PGP: Appreciating the men behind the boys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:wave: thora

the pics? the larry on the sun deck one? or something elese

No, these are new pics. One was of a concrete whale, the other of a totem pole in Stanley Park. He's posted a lot of different pics in the last few minutes.

The whale is in Horseshoe Bay (makes sense, because of the Bono hitchhiking story of a few weeks ago), and it's in a playground there. We went on ferries all the time when I was a kid (and still do, since that's how you get to my parents' place), and if we had to wait for the ferry, we'd go and play in that playground while we waited. :)

Aw, cute. Would've been hillarious if Bono was sitting on the whale while Edge took that pic! I can so see him do it. :lol:

Oh come on, who in their right mind poses on a whale?

:shifty:

whale.jpg

No, these are new pics. One was of a concrete whale, the other of a totem pole in Stanley Park. He's posted a lot of different pics in the last few minutes.

The whale is in Horseshoe Bay (makes sense, because of the Bono hitchhiking story of a few weeks ago), and it's in a playground there. We went on ferries all the time when I was a kid (and still do, since that's how you get to my parents' place), and if we had to wait for the ferry, we'd go and play in that playground while we waited. :)

oh EDge Tweet photos! :D :heart:

right I know you have to ferry over to you island home.... or have your own rowboat! :lol:

It's funny with relatively smaller Islands....
with Manhattan being so Urban Dense in it's Middle you don't always
get the island feeling unless you've spent lots of time at
both the top more narrow part of the island AND the
bottom narrowing end. OR spend slot of time on The Circle Line! :lol:

Otherwise....
you could feel like you're "just" (love rivers) on the river,
or on a peninsula! :D

I spent most of my life in the northern most sections and a good
deal of time at the southern area and tip.

oh EDge Tweet photos! :D :heart:

right I know you have to ferry over to you island home.... or have your own rowboat! :lol:

It's funny with relatively smaller Islands....
with Manhattan being so Urban Dense in it's Middle you don't always
get the island feeling unless you've spent lots of time at
both the top more narrow part of the island AND the
bottom narrowing end. OR spend slot of time on The Circle Line! :lol:

Otherwise....
you could feel like you're "just" (love rivers) on the river,
or on a peninsula! :D

I spent most of my life in the northern most sections and a good
deal of time at the southern area and tip.

It would take a LONG time to row the route that the ferry takes to where my parents live! :lol:

The islands around here are SO gorgeous! :love: I won't get to go up to the island where my parents live until August, but at least I'll be able to spend a week there when I do go. :) It will be the PERFECT time to be there!

It would take a LONG time to row the route that the ferry takes to where my parents live! :lol:

The islands around here are SO gorgeous! :love: I won't get to go up to the island where my parents live until August, but at least I'll be able to spend a week there when I do go. :) It will be the PERFECT time to be there!

:lol:

Sound like it will be wonderful! :hug:

I just looked at my check for tomorrow... it almost makes me want to do this no sleep/work 20 hrs/day thing all the time. :reject: There's no way I could keep it up if there wasn't a hot guitarist at stake, though!

Popping for a moment while I make dinner, but this was my FB status....

I might cry. My daughter was looking through the Toys R Us flyer. She pointed to a guitar and said, Hey, mama...I want that. When I asked which one, she pointed to the electric one. She is MY daughter.

Edge, will you give lessons? I'd ask Bono for pure eye-candy value, but I'd want her to learn something. :lol:

Popping for a moment while I make dinner, but this was my FB status....

I might cry. My daughter was looking through the Toys R Us flyer. She pointed to a guitar and said, Hey, mama...I want that. When I asked which one, she pointed to the electric one. She is MY daughter.

Edge, will you give lessons? I'd ask Bono for pure eye-candy value, but I'd want her to learn something. :lol:

:lol: :cute::heart:

AND COMET>>>>>>>

thanks for the "Bono w Guitar by Dallas" Photos!
How purty!

Has the ? big Gretch's teal color! :heart:

Thanks Dazz :hug: It is what it is. As I've said, I don't regret my decision and I know I'm doing the right thing. But it still hurts and still sucks.

It's OK, I'm dealing with it like a motherfucking adult.
By drinking lots of alcohol.

OMG girls, your good vibes last night paid off!! After getting completely horrible news about my car last night and coming home devastated, I called today and it turned out it only cost me $120!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :love: Well, plus the cost of the etest, plus the cost of my stickers!! But still!! Last night I had pretty much resigned myself to trashing my car, and becoming a bus rider, which is not a pleasant prospect because the transit system here sucks.

Anyway YAY!!! I was just over the moon happy today.

AND, the mechanic who did the work was totally checking out my rack. Wasn't even being subtle about it. :lol: And then he was staring at my from like 50 feet away. So after I left there and passed my etest, I got my stickers and went to pick up Sarah. She did a brave approach-a-boy thing the other day, and that inspired me, so I called the place that did the work, told them that the work they did today helped my car pass the test, and thanked them, and told the guy on the phone to say thanks to the tech for me. :shifty: I can't believe I did that. :lol:

OMG girls, your good vibes last night paid off!! After getting completely horrible news about my car last night and coming home devastated, I called today and it turned out it only cost me $120!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :love: Well, plus the cost of the etest, plus the cost of my stickers!! But still!! Last night I had pretty much resigned myself to trashing my car, and becoming a bus rider, which is not a pleasant prospect because the transit system here sucks.

Anyway YAY!!! I was just over the moon happy today.

AND, the mechanic who did the work was totally checking out my rack. Wasn't even being subtle about it. :lol: And then he was staring at my from like 50 feet away. So after I left there and passed my etest, I got my stickers and went to pick up Sarah. She did a brave approach-a-boy thing the other day, and that inspired me, so I called the place that did the work, told them that the work they did today helped my car pass the test, and thanked them, and told the guy on the phone to say thanks to the tech for me. :shifty: I can't believe I did that. :lol:

WOOOOOO! (For both car awesomeness and flirtyness with car dudes.) I figured that was what was up, but was worried you had suddenly discovered you were a werewolf or something, which would have really messed with my Toronto sleeping arrangements, since I don't think Edge would dig me with body hair.

WOOOOOO! (For both car awesomeness and flirtyness with car dudes.) I figured that was what was up, but was worried you had suddenly discovered you were a werewolf or something, which would have really messed with my Toronto sleeping arrangements, since I don't think Edge would dig me with body hair.

Last night when I asked for the good vibes, I was leaving to get my exhaust system looked at. I'd been to the place for my etest around 5, and they wouldn't do it because of the muffler noise. I told them when I booked it that my regular mechanic told me it needed a gasket and would be around $100. There was no tech in at that time to check it (even though they booked me at that time specifically because there was supposed to be) so I had to take it back at 7 (that was the good vibes time). They checked it and said that I needed the gasket, but that the place the gasket joins to was rotted, and that they can't repair exhaust systems like that, they can only replace them, which would have cost $2000. :| He suggested I take it to a muffler place and that "maybe they could do something with it." But he was SO grim about it, like I said to someone today, it's almost like he was telling me I lost a loved one, so I freaked out, and figured that even if the muffler place could do it, it'd be hundreds, way more that I can afford right now, and to the point where it woudn't even be worth it (I've already put $1500 into it in the past 3 months, probably more than the car is even worth).

Needless to say I was REALLY upset when I got home. My current stickers run out in two days, and I can't get new ones without the test, so I figured I'd only be driving for a few more days.

But then I called the muffler place on my lunch hour, told them what it needed and the guy was all "sure, we can do that, it's $120 and will take half an hour." !!!!

So I was all WHY THE FUCK WAS THE GUY AT THE OTHER PLACE BEING MR. DRAMA ABOUT THE WHOLE THING?? It's an easy, relatively inexpensive routine repair.

So I left there, went back to the place to get the etest, and my car passed with flying colours.

Anyway, I freaked myself out good, but everything turned out okay. :) And, I left a message for hot, bad boy mechanic. WIN. :up:

that was a long story. :crack:

He looked sorta like Michael Madsen, circa Thelma and Louise.

michael-madsen.jpg

But...more BADASS. His hair was slicked back. Not in a metrosexual way, in a biker/rockabilly way. MY GOD. :combust:

Not my type at all, but good lord, just an hour or two...

For the record, I was calling myself an attentionwhore. :p And this makes....*counts on fingers* 5 out of 6 nights buzzed/drunk. Thanks for being a champ, liver! :hi5:

Back
Top Bottom