PGP: Appreciating the men behind the boys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks DayGloeyes!

VP that's cool I love Toronto it's basically my second home! I waited to try and meet the B man at both Toronto shows in 09 did you try too as well? I also went to the Auburn Hills show. Someday I'd like to be on the rail for a show. I'm always getting the outer ring.

Thora, going places alone like that is cool. Then you can have the whole "mysterious woman" vibe going. :up:

Thanks Cori! :) You're inherently interesting, you don't even have to say anything. :sexywink:

Gotta have a bite to eat, and shower. Might bbl, if not, talk to you all tomorrow. :hug:

I'll definitely go, no matter what. It would just be better if I could find some friends to join me. :)

See you later!

MTE, I tried to comment on your blog post, but blogspot doesn't seem to ever let me comment with my Wordpress account for some reason. :angry: Anyway, I was trying to say that you had fabulous tips, and I agreed with all of them. The one I would add? Never check to see what the airfare is AFTER you've booked your trip. It would SUCK to find out there was a better fare at a later date. :wink: Not that I've ever done that before. :shifty: Lesson was learned, though.

Thanks DayGloeyes!

VP that's cool I love Toronto it's basically my second home! I waited to try and meet the B man at both Toronto shows in 09 did you try too as well? I also went to the Auburn Hills show. Someday I'd like to be on the rail for a show. I'm always getting the outer ring.

Welcome!

I am getting to 2 shows this time around. Montreal 1 and Moncton - party at the end of the tour. I saw the 2 Boston shows in 09.

I'm going to bed. It's been a long assed week.

ETA: and tomorrow is only Thursday. Bollocks.

:lol: Have you reached your goal yet?

I have enough to cover my flights, but there is more chugging along ahead for tickets/hotel/food/train to Toronto!

I didn't know Lane's Zach was on True Blood! (I still haven't ever watched it. :reject:) Someday when I'm super bored, I want to make a YouTube of all of the Bono/U2 mentions on GG throughout the years.

I'll definitely go, no matter what. It would just be better if I could find some friends to join me. :)

See you later!

MTE, I tried to comment on your blog post, but blogspot doesn't seem to ever let me comment with my Wordpress account for some reason. :angry: Anyway, I was trying to say that you had fabulous tips, and I agreed with all of them. The one I would add? Never check to see what the airfare is AFTER you've booked your trip. It would SUCK to find out there was a better fare at a later date. :wink: Not that I've ever done that before. :shifty: Lesson was learned, though.

That is exactly what I do Thora. Once booked, I don't check again! It would drive me nuts to think I could have done better if I had waited.:crack:

See you later!

Ha, true! That goes for apartments, too. I used to occasionally log on to my apartment complex's website and be like "Wait, the one next door is HOW much cheaper??"

This has been my conversation with Tom. I paraphrased his portion because his grammar is what the Spanish would call El Terrible.

Tom: I miss you.
Me: That's great. I'm seeing someone.
Tom: I think you should give me another chance.
Me: Noooo I don't think so. Again, I'm seeing someone.
Tom: Oh, that's good. I have my eye on someone. I'm really nervous, I like him.
Me: That's nice. So you're gay?
Tom: No, I have my eye on a guy, but I'm seeing this girl who has a kid. I love her.
Me:......

:doh:

I did that once, and will NEVER make the same mistake again. :lol: :angry:

So my friends have Netflix, since they only have 2 channels of regular TV, and apparently SYTYCD is not on one of those two channels tonight. :angry: What on earth should I watch instead?! :hmm:

Welcome, DesiresFire! :)

OK, so I'm thinking of doing Moncton. :hmm: It's at the end of July, which gives me enough time to see how my mom does for the month health-wise. Plus, I would only be away for 2 days if I left on Friday and came back on Sunday.

BTW, I was thinking of just doing Toronto, but I just don't have enough time to see how my mom will be doing by then and airfare will probably go up. :sad:

You might do Moncton??? :ohmy: omg yay! We need more of us to join our ragtag band for this show. I hope it works out for you. :hug:

I'll never catch all the way up this time. But VP I did read your adventures with car shop dude. :up: :wink:

And hello and welcome DesiresFire. :wave:

This has been my conversation with Tom. I paraphrased his portion because his grammar is what the Spanish would call El Terrible.

Tom: No, I have my eye on a guy, but I'm seeing this girl who has a kid. I love her.

Many cats: This is why I have them. He expects you to join his harem??

You might do Moncton??? :ohmy: omg yay! We need more of us to join our ragtag band for this show. I hope it works out for you. :hug:

Everything depends on how my mom does health-wise in July. If she has a decent July, I will feel far more comfortable leaving for 2 or 3 days than I do right now about leaving her for almost a week. I'll be able to judge in 2 or 3 weeks if it's in the cards. Thanks for the good thoughts. :hug:

If I see them, fantastic. If not, I've made peace with the fact that it is almost certain I will not see them next tour. As much as I love this band and the friends I've made because of them, my mother comes before anyone or anything.

BTW, sending you a request on FB. :D

Wait, whut?! :confused: I'm so confuzzled.

He wants to see you because he misses you. But he has his eye on someone else (not you). He's seeing a girl whom he loves, but he also has his eye on another guy. WHUT? :huh: As MTE said, it sounds like he wants some sort of harem.

That's rather... complicated. :lol:

Everything depends on how my mom does health-wise in July. If she has a decent July, I will feel far more comfortable leaving for 2 or 3 days than I do right now about leaving her for almost a week. I'll be able to judge in 2 or 3 weeks if it's in the cards. Thanks for the good thoughts. :hug:

If I see them, fantastic. If not, I've made peace with the fact that it is almost certain I will not see them next tour. As much as I love this band and the friends I've made because of them, my mother comes before anyone or anything.

BTW, sending you a request on FB. :D

I totally understand that. :hug: Sending all my best thoughts and wishes to you both.

and ooh ok I'm off to FB :D

Wait, whut?! :confused: I'm so confuzzled.

He wants to see you because he misses you. But he has his eye on someone else (not you). He's seeing a girl whom he loves, but he also has his eye on another guy. WHUT? :huh: As MTE said, it sounds like he wants some sort of harem.

That's rather... complicated. :lol:

Yeah, it's pretty awesomely bad. :lol:

Thanks Comet :hug:

Thanks DayGloeyes!

Awesome! And you're not coming to the show in a week and a half? That's too bad.

I didn't try to meet him in '09. I had a super-awesome-spectacular meeting with him (and Edge, and Larry..) in '05 that I feel like nothing could ever live up to, so there's no point in trying. Plus, I'd rather have fans who have never met them before have the chance. :)

I have enough to cover my flights, but there is more chugging along ahead for tickets/hotel/food/train to Toronto!

I didn't know Lane's Zach was on True Blood! (I still haven't ever watched it. :reject:) Someday when I'm super bored, I want to make a YouTube of all of the Bono/U2 mentions on GG throughout the years.

True Blood is good summer fluff. Fun, but it's no Buffy. Hell, it's not even a Vampire Diaries. :lol: But it's HBO, so lots of gratuitous sex and nudity.

:crack:

I'll never catch all the way up this time. But VP I did read your adventures with car shop dude. :up: :wink:

And hello and welcome DesiresFire. :wave:

:lol: I doubt anything will come out of it, but it was fun and funny, and I was proud of myself for calling, and if it only ends up being a small chapter in how Stella VP Got Her Groove Back, I'll be happy. :)

I'm so weird about TV, I sometimes avoid shows I'd probably like because I know I'll get hooked, and I just don't have enough love to go around. :lol:

Dude!! I totally do that, too!! Shows will start that I think I'll like, but I won't start watching till other shows I'm watching get cancelled or go on hiatus, and then I'll catch up on the entire series in a week or two. :lol:

:lol: I doubt anything will come out of it, but it was fun and funny, and I was proud of myself for calling, and if it only ends up being a small chapter in how Stella VP Got Her Groove Back, I'll be happy. :)

:giggle:

So today I think I saved $300 by calling back later and changing my flight to include the Moncton show. When I called a few days ago to ask about it, the guy told me there would be a $150 change fee plus the added cost of the different flight fare which was about $150. I said I'd wait and call back in a few days (after I knew I had tickets and other arrangements). I call today and get a different dude who made the change then told me ok all set. I asked about the additional charges and he goes, "Nah, I just did an even exchange on the flights, there will be no charge." :ohmy: that was awesome.

Except I am still spending WAY too much to add this show. :reject:

Yeah there's no way I could make Toronto. If the rumors are true and they are touring again in 2012 I'm hoping for two shows in MI. And maybe I could see a show in Toronto. I lost my job last month so I'm barely making it.

Dude!! I totally do that, too!! Shows will start that I think I'll like, but I won't start watching till other shows I'm watching get cancelled or go on hiatus, and then I'll catch up on the entire series in a week or two. :lol:

Yep, that's what I'll do! I put it off for years, and then I'll watch the whole thing marathon-style. Just like how I missed out on Edge for years, and now... :shifty:

:giggle:

So today I think I saved $300 by calling back later and changing my flight to include the Moncton show. When I called a few days ago to ask about it, the guy told me there would be a $150 change fee plus the added cost of the different flight fare which was about $150. I said I'd wait and call back in a few days (after I knew I had tickets and other arrangements). I call today and get a different dude who made the change then told me ok all set. I asked about the additional charges and he goes, "Nah, I just did an even exchange on the flights, there will be no charge." :ohmy: that was awesome.

Except I am still spending WAY too much to add this show. :reject:

Savings FTW! :hi5:

WAIT!!! They did North Star?????????

That's what I heard! I was surprised too!

Last night when we left Return of the King around midnight there was like 10 zillion people lining up for Transformers at midnight. Like I mean MORE people than Harry Potter, etc. etc. :crack: We were all Yeah they are totally here because they heard there's a new U2 song in the movie! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom