PGP: Apparently Hell Has Not Frozen Over Yet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks, jj

i was reading the big mini-paper inside a regular tabloid about D-Day

my "memories" in the sense of what I've read or heard here & there.... and one memory of 2 of my uncle's recollections (of whom one is still alive- mostly quite cogent at 92- reading a book on Churchill <certainly not his first>) one of them was at the Battle of The Bulge....... what i've known was about the beach landings. (?5 - 6AM or so)

Today I was reading about the early- past midnight launching of the planes with parachuters and gliders to go behind enemy lines. Later more parachuters.... they were to re-capture a town in France north of the northen-most beach that was landed on.

It would be quite a different world had Hitler won. :yikes:
with people like Goebbels, Dr Mengele; these 2 are the ones i recognize right away..... in charge. the name i remember easiest is Mengele ("medical" experiments at Auschwitz-Berkenau) Goebbels was the Propagandist. I was looking at a l-o-n-g list on Wikipedia. Other one was Himmler -- SS leader.

Our 2nd family home was in a 60% reform & conservative jewish area (with a bunch of Various Ethinc Catholics <like me>, some Protestants, Puerto Ricans and Cubans escaped from Castro's Cuba)--- so you can imagine Hilter was the historical big boogey man more so than even in the general USA, and this being like 1963- 69 --- WW2 had only been over 18 yrs (in 63) , though of course besides Castro , there was The Soviet Union and Mao Zedong (the little red book.... sheeeesh) of China to haunt our nightmares....

(not to underestimate the horrors that Stalin unleashed ion thhe Russians)

ok enuf serious stuff.......

:hmm: lets see what pics I can drool over!
:hyper: :drool: :lol: :wave: :D

tumbleweeds... :evil:

Seriously though, my life is settling out in good ways. My major transition seems to be going well, my kids are calming down and getting happy, and I'm even keeping up on my schoolwork. Hoorah!

2636567-1556669725-what-.jpg

Went to fiddle camp and back again this year; a beautiful scene as ever. This time I'm really going to learn to play my guitar properly! Hope everyone is doing well.

Went to fiddle camp and back again this year; a beautiful scene as ever. This time I'm really going to learn to play my guitar properly! Hope everyone is doing well.

:wave: Hi, Jeevey! That fiddle camp sounds like so much fun. That's awesome you're learning to play the guitar! Go for it! Hope all is well where you are.

Also, just checked the main page birthday list...Happy Birthday, Comet! Hope you have great day!

Hello everyone. How are y'all? I saw people (awesome people) met Bono a few days ago. Work and family has been busy, too much so. My mom disowned me by text message this weekend. I'm upset because I don't have a mother and never did. But I won't be upset to not have to deal with her. But who knows? After her 'I'm done' text she was trying to ask me a question.
Crazy.

Black Mass - the Whitey Bulger story has been filming here in Boston. You're thinking, so? Benedict Cumberbatch has been cast as his brother. He's been in my city for over a week and a half. I haven't had the time to check out film locations. Imagine your favorite U2 member walking the streets of your city and there is nothing you can do. Actually, I recall feeling like this when U2 would be in town. So close but so far.

Gloria will be 1 in 2 weeks. How the fuck did that happen?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm so sorry about your mom, Grace. Are you going to go no contact with her for a while at least? It sounds like she wants to be able to pitch a fit to you and say horrible things and yet still have you text back; that would be crazy making. But happy birthday to little Gloria! Maybe be can get a birthday photo?

Thanks, Rhi. I can play the guitar in campfire singalong kind of way, just not very well. My little girl is wild to play the tin whistle since fiddle camp and has informed me that I need to be able to back her up, and I think I'd like to not suck. These guys are going to be playing a free festival in our area later this summer and I am super excited to take her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xPAXm6ahXo

Sending good vibes from Glasto to Grace :zen:

bumbed into Neil McCormick yesterday and only thing he did after asked if U2 album is done was a long lasting wink :D

Back
Top Bottom