PGP- Angel of Harlem--oh the torture of it all!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WildHoney said:
Father Ted was a rollicking success from day one, a marvellous, surreal, genuinely bizarre mix of whimsy, blarney, satire and violence packaged in outrageously funny plots. The action takes place in the priests' home on remote Craggy Island, where Father Ted Crilly struggles to control his two fellow priests, the young Dougal and the old Jack. Ted is a complex character, well-meaning on the surface but vain and greedy underneath, with a lust for fame and glory never far away. Dougal, his young protégé, is strangely obtuse and stupendously dense, with a habit of asking blindingly obvious questions (if Ted is reading a book, Dougal inevitably asks, 'Are you reading a book, Ted?') that seriously irritates Ted and leads to a torrent of un-priest-like language. But Ted is an amateur in the ways of curse words compared to the heinous, constantly-smashed Jack, a grizzled, nasty termagant whose brain has been addled by booze. Jack, the most extreme of the unholy trinity, is a scabby, foul-smelling wretch who sits in his chair either asleep or staring wildly into the distance, venomously cussing ('Feck!', 'Arse!', 'Knickers!' and so on). A hideous ratbag he may be, but a hysterically funny one nonetheless, and a monstrous comic creation blending all the hallmarks of Alf Garnett and Albert Steptoe.

Overseeing these three is the housekeeper, Mrs Doyle, another larger-than-life comic caricature. She seems normal enough at first but can easily slip into the weird zone, maddeningly repeating the same phrase over and over again ('go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on') when attempting the simplest task like finding out if the priests want their tea. Another of Mrs Doyle's unnerving habits is her ability to hugely raise the decibel level of her voice from one end of a sentence to another. Sporting a permanent, prominent cold-sore on her lip, Mrs Doyle seems right at home in this bleak priest hole.

Yea...that does sound like a good show :up:

Hey again Dis...I'm acting a bit :drunk: after drinking a bit of some kind of martini...:ohmy:

bonoishot said:

:lol:

i just realised i didnt eplain it at all

its about 3 priests Ted, Jack and Dougal who live in a parochial house on ia lil island of the coast of ireland, called Craggy Island! theyre such lousy priests they get sent there so they dont have an important parish! They live with there housekeeper mrs doyle, who just loves to make cups of tea

that was a lousy description but im so tired :lol:

its :lmao:

That's ok Jem...Wild's explainaton was MUCH better...and more detailed...but at least you tried :hug:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Hey again Dis...I'm acting a bit :drunk: after drinking a bit of some kind of martini...:ohmy:

:lmao:

thats ok weldy:hug: we are allowed to do that every now and again:wink:

Except me....I was a big lame-o lastnight at the party:| I took on sip of this punch with Vodka in it and was sick and I woke up with a hangover this morning...swear to god...I only had like 3 sips then couldn't take it anymore.:lmao:

~BrightestStar~ said:
Hey Wild and Jem! :hug: :heat:
How are you girls today?

Jem
When I was bored in class the other day I may have carved a lemon into my desk...:shifty: :shh:

:hyper:

OMG really :happy:

i wont tell anyone :wink:

oh i was telling rach about the lemon campaign and she asked if we wanted a website for it ;)

im ok thanks, just tired, had a v late night last night

how are you?

~BrightestStar~ said:

BRI!!!:hyper:!!!!

:drool:

Bri, I heard you carved a lemon into your desk!!!:lmao:*tears

it reminded me so much of myself:lmao: as a freshman in college I wrote the entire song of With our Without you into my math desk:lmao:

Dismantled said:

thats ok weldy:hug: we are allowed to do that every now and again:wink:

Except me....I was a big lame-o lastnight at the party:| I took on sip of this punch with Vodka in it and was sick and I woke up with a hangover this morning...swear to god...I only had like 3 sips then couldn't take it anymore.:lmao:

Yea...but this martini is strong! It's the kind that you can smell the strongness and it burns down your throat....:ohmy:

WildHoney said:
Ok now You & Bri have joined the party :flirt:

I re read the first ever PGP earlier today :giggle:

We were soooooooo naughty :lol:

:flirt:

omg...the first PGP!!! we were geeks!!:lmao: sooo much fun:drool:

bonoishot said:

:hyper:

OMG really :happy:

i wont tell anyone :wink:

oh i was telling rach about the lemon campaign and she asked if we wanted a website for it ;)

im ok thanks, just tired, had a v late night last night

how are you?

I should take a picture :lol: :happy:

But if anyone asks, it wasn't me :shifty:

Does that me we have another recruit? :hyper:!!

The other day I tried to think of some higher purpose for our campaign.....I've yet to come up with something creative...:hmm:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Yea...but this martini is strong! It's the kind that you can smell the strongness and it burns down your throat....:ohmy:

I would yak all over the place:barf: just thinking about it brings up the hangover feelings:| ugh....

Mr. Dis's uncle was making this punch...but he was drinking all day so he thought he grabed a single shot glass...it was a triple shot glass:yuck: no wonder I got semi loaded off of 3 sips:lmao:

Is it an apple martini? I don't think I've ever had a martini:hmm:

Dismantled said:

BRI!!!:hyper:!!!!

:drool

Bri, I heard you carved a lemon into your desk!!!:lmao*tears

it reminded me so much of myself:lmao as a freshman in college I wrote the entire song of With our Without you into my math desk:lmao

Me? No that wasn't me :shifty:

:laugh:

I'm always doodling U2 things on my notes...I've got more hearts in suitcases then one could possibly ever take with them....:lol:

WildHoney said:
Ok now You & Bri have joined the party :flirt:

I re read the first ever PGP earlier today :giggle

We were soooooooo naughty :lol

*sniffle* Oh the memories! :love:

We were naughty? :angel: I wonder when we claened up our act? :shifty:

Pass the loofa? :sexywink:

~BrightestStar~ said:

The other day I tried to think of some higher purpose for our campaign.....I've yet to come up with something creative...:hmm:

ec1a4cc9.jpg

To aquire the code to gain access to the Glitterball Lemon :shrug:

To make sure no one in the world is "bitter" about Lemons :giggle:

Dismantled said:

I would yak all over the place:barf: just thinking about it brings up the hangover feelings:| ugh....

Mr. Dis's uncle was making this punch...but he was drinking all day so he thought he grabed a single shot glass...it was a triple shot glass:yuck: no wonder I got semi loaded off of 3 sips:lmao:

Ohhh...no wonder you felt so :yuck:.

No...it's a tropical Martini....the product is call Martini's. I tried a sour apple one...it taste about the same really. It's really not bad really...:drool: worthy in fact..if you sip it.

~BrightestStar~ said:

I should take a picture :lol : :happy :

But if anyone asks, it wasn't me :shifty :

Does that me we have another recruit? :hyper :!!

The other day I tried to think of some higher purpose for our campaign.....I've yet to come up with something creative...:hmm :

yeah take a picture :happy: :laugh:

she didnt understand it at 1st, she hadnt seen the Bon Jovi vid but think shes with us now :happy:

who needs a purpose, i just wanna colour the world in lemon and make the 10 'o clock news

~BrightestStar~ said:
Is that the blow up lemon, wild? :happy:

Girls, I have to go murder a pumpkin........I shall return soon.....
:hug: :heart:
TTFN

what did the pumpkin do to you!!?:angry:

I love pumpkin carving:hyper: have fun Bri!!!!

wanna hear something stupid? We grow our own pumpkins but I can never make myself carve one...:lmao: I feel so bad they are like my pumpkin pets:lmao: so I have to go to the farm stand across the road and get one of thiers to carve:lmao:

Dismantled said:

Dis :hug:

:madspit: to hangovers

i thought id have one this morning but my aunty put some juniper berry oil on my pillow, it stops you havin a hangover in the morning :drool:

Bye bri :hug::wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom