PG(and sometimes B)P: The Good, The Bad, and THE EDGE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently doing art history make up work...le sigh. Much reading of articles and writing of 2-page summaries. Currently on the 4th out of 8.

Yeah it's closed. I don't think it could have got any weirder. :lol:

Although, knowing this place, yes it could have. :sigh:

:lol:

comet thanks!!! got your funny, lovely card.

A thing came up in my apt build le sigh
not bad, just have to be dealing with it the next 5 days

delays ANY work o n my new year's cards. oh wells

must leave :(

tomorrow for a bit i hope! :heart:

Ah, Daz. Missed you again. I'm home for a bit before going to see Cake tonight. I'm looking forward to it but not really excited. Kinda just... :|

I'm really looking forward to Brian Setzer on monday though.

Wonder if Cori had fun at Flo + the Machine last night.

Question for Katie - I know you're all about punk and new wave. Ever listened to Joe Jackson? I was into him BIG TIME back in the day. Then he branched off into other genres - jazz, ska, big band. I'm watching a dvd of his that was filmed in Switzerland a few years ago.

VP—I'm redyeing my hair at the moment so got about an hour of free time...haven't heard of Joe Jackson but I guess I'm about to make an inroad into those videos :wink:

VP—I'm redyeing my hair at the moment so got about an hour of free time...haven't heard of Joe Jackson but I guess I'm about to make an inroad into those videos :wink:

Ha. His punk phase was only the first two albums pretty much. He's super talented though, and it's a credit to him that he's still recording and performing to this day - albeit with a smaller, more niche audience.

W're doing good. The first chemo session was this past Wednesday, and my mom seems to be doing really well; she's just tired.

Right now, I'm listening to an mp3 of Bono performing So Cruel.... :shifty:

How're things with you?

Hugs for both of you - she'll come through it stronger and better than ever. :)

I played that video that was posted earlier in the thread. Oh my. :drool:

:) I know. Now if I could just convince her of that.

It's a delicious version of the song, isn't it?

:( Sorry that she's not feeling positive. Very understandable though, it sucks and it's scary and it's horrible. The outcome these days is so positive though. As a kid, you're supposed to be the positive one, which is the opposite role in a parent - child relationship - they're supposed to reassure US that everything's going to be okay. And it's fine for you not to feel positive all the time, we all have our down times. If you need to vent, that's what we're here for. :) :hug:

It IS! :drool:

A work thing -

I had to call a winner this week and award her prize. At first she was just normal and really happy, and then as it sunk in (it was a fairly big prize) she got quiet, and then started thanking me profusely, and told me it would make a huge difference to her this holiday season, that her elderly mom was ill and not expected to make it through the holidays. She ended up sobbing on the phone, and she made me cry! My coworkers could hear me, and when I hung up, they all rushed over and were "what happened?? Are you okay??" :lol: It was weird. One of those both happy and sad occasions. Some winners that I call stay with me. She sure will. That was intense. :lol:

A work thing -

I had to call a winner this week and award her prize. At first she was just normal and really happy, and then as it sunk in (it was a fairly big prize) she got quiet, and then started thanking me profusely, and told me it would make a huge difference to her this holiday season, that her elderly mom was ill and not expected to make it through the holidays. She ended up sobbing on the phone, and she made me cry! My coworkers could hear me, and when I hung up, they all rushed over and were "what happened?? Are you okay??" :lol: It was weird. One of those both happy and sad occasions. Some winners that I call stay with me. She sure will. That was intense. :lol:

Aww, that's awesome! :love: I would have ended up crying too. :lol:

Yea, it's weird for me to reassure her about stuff, but since I'm an optimistic pessimist :)lol: :shifty:), it's not that difficult.

Sometimes, I love people. :shifty:

Ha! I like to think of myself as a realist. Sometimes I'm pessimistic, but when the situation calls for it. Otherwise, I'm optimistic. Or sometimes, I'm not sure, if it could go either way! :lol:

Joe Jackson's my favorite when he's all punk and whatnot. When he starts the piano and all, and his style of singing too—is different, still ok, reminds me a lot of the Blades...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1khinoV224

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htRJdw-7j4c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EK9dJvK-Pc

...who were an Irish band around town about when U2 were just starting out.

And I've definitely heard 'Stepping Out' by Joe Jackson :giggle: on a music video collection my mom has of bad 80s vids...the music video's pretty hilarious.

Joe Jackson's my favorite when he's all punk and whatnot. When he starts the piano and all, and his style of singing too—is different, still ok, reminds me a lot of the Blades...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1khinoV224

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htRJdw-7j4c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EK9dJvK-Pc

...who were an Irish band around town about when U2 were just starting out.

And I've definitely heard 'Stepping Out' by Joe Jackson :giggle: on a music video collection my mom has of bad 80s vids...the music video's pretty hilarious.

Yeah, I can remember when Stepping Out came out, I thought he'd sold out (man!!) and pretty much dismissed him, but I grew to love it over the years. I only have his first two albums which are more punk/new wave. They're awesome. Then years later I got his greatest hits, and really liked that, too. It covers his many genres.

actually, when I started looking up early You Tube videos to post, I was all "omg, I want to get out his early albums and rock the fuck out, not listen to his new, piano-based dvd music!!!" But then I remembered that I'm tired and old and had a rough week, and calming piano is what I need right now. :lol:

My coworkers were SO sweet. Once I told them, they left me alone for 10 minutes so I could get it together. :lol: And then later, one of them told me she was getting teary just listening to my side of the conversation! :lol: :heart:

Aww! :love: I got a little misty-eyed just reading what you'd written. :lol: :sap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom