Perfume.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
This is so off topic, but I can reach my "target" group best in this forum...
I need a new perfume....what do you all wear, and what are your favorites?
What is difficult: most "expensive" department store perfumes are so "heavy", they smell like something you'd only want to wear for an evening out. I need something I can wear day and night.
Ready? Go!

------------------
mrs_clayton@hotmail.com

I use the Bath and Body Works spray.

They have a nice variety of light scents.

Try Sweet Pea, Pearberry, or Sunripened Raspberries.

------------------
Daisy
I wasn't jumping for me it was a fall. It's a long way down to nothing at all
AIM: daisyone75
MSN:daisybean75

On a daily basis I wear bath and body works, like Daisy. I rotate between the scents Cotton Blossom and Daffodil Fields. (But daffodil fields is no longer made.
frown.gif
)

For more formal events I like Estee Lauder "Beautiful" or Chanel "Allure"

------------------
Pink elephants and lemonade.
Dear Jessie, hear the laughter running through the love parade.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers: Emily's Wallpapers

Well, I'm a huge fan of perfume... however, I'm not one for the heavy stuff.

The heaviest stuff I have is a signature scent from Garden Botanika, which unfortunately closed all its stores. I had to make a mad dash for the stores and bought about four bottles worth of perfume for the years to come.

Anyway. I really enjoy Crabtree & Evelyn - they have light and airy perfumes that aren't overly heavy. My favorite of theirs is called "Sonoma Valley." Another one I like is their Evelyn Eu de cologne - it smells like roses and it's an actual perfume that lasts all day.

I also like anything vanilla or lemon verbena because these are both light scents that aren't heavy.

If you want something that lasts all day, try The Body Shop's perfume oils. Suggestion, though: try a scent you like on first, walk around a bit, then see if you like it. One of their popular body oils, Dewberry, reacts differently to different skin types. What might smell good in the jar may not smell good on your wrist. Fortunately, I can wear it. But, I don't wear it all the time because it is on the heavier side.

Oh, and I also prefer Sandalwood perfume. The *BEST* Sandalwood perfume I've ever found is by Caswell & Massey... this is a unisex perfume that smells great on a man or on a woman. I love their soaps, too.

One last word of advice that I've learned over the years: try to use a soap that won't clash with your perfume. I usually use a vanilla-scented soap when wearing many of my perfumes because it's a base used in lots of perfumes out there. Bath & Body Works has great smelling stuff, but boy is it strong and boy does it clash with perfumes, unless you use theirs. I do use their Warm Vanilla Sugar body wash and I haven't had any problems with it clashing with my perfumes. I usually use a floral scented soap with my flowery perfumes and a vanilla soap with my more woodsy, Sonoma Valley type perfumes.

A favorite perfume I've been using a lot lately came from Ireland. It's called Inis. I got it when I was there last summer. It just reminds me of the Irish Sea.
biggrin.gif

Hope this helps. I'm a huge fan of perfume. As long as the person hasn't bathed in it.
wink.gif

Moonie
biggrin.gif

I just got (okay, so it was like a month ago) the Body Shop's Vanilla Eau de toilette spray...

I can't say enough about it...it's wonderful stuff. Sometimes I just sit in class and sniff my wrists *giggle* discreetly of course cause people would think I was a freak lol. Anyway, it lasts all day long and actually works really well with anyone's body chemistry...both my mom and I wear it and we usually can't do that

Plus you just smell yummy all day AND it's inexpensive, but a bottle lasts for a really long time
smile.gif

Whew I'm longwinded...but it really is good stuff!

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

All 3 Anna Sui perfumes - Anna Sui, Sui Dreams, Sui Love
Michael by Michael Kors
Poison by Christian Dior
Chanel No. 5
Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel
Sexy Graffiti by Escada
Premier ju Jour by Nina Ricci
Red Jeans by Versace
Colours by Benetton

As you can see, I LUV perfume!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
ooh eee ooh ah ah ching chang walla walla bing bang.

buy Dune and smell like Bono.

seriously, I'm allergic to most perfumes, they give me nasty headaches... so if I do go smelly I wear either vanilla or some stuff I made at Garden Botanika back when it was around (but that's really, really strong). Anything that honest to god smells like flowers is nice too but I can never find it. Bath and Body Works has this stuff called... honeyed almond or something like that, it's great.
Yeah, I'm helpful
biggrin.gif

Here's what I wear:

For light airy stuff, it's not really perfume, but Decleor makes this really nice smelling dry oil.

There's also an after sun spray that Body Shop makes. It smells so nice and makes your tan last longer.

When I go the cheap route I use a Calgon spray that smells like peaches. It's cheap but the guys like it.
wink.gif

More expensive stuff I wear:

-Noa by Cacharel
-Tommy Girl by Tommy Hilfiger
-Happy by Clinique

May I add that Dune smells sooooo good.

------------------
I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.

Lloyd Dobbler, Say Anything

[This message has been edited by Naya (edited 04-21-2002).]

I can't wear a lot of the perfumes out there cause I start sneezing, getting watery eyes, I just get so messed up. If I do buy a perfume after a while I start getting a heading and then I have to switch to another one. So far the only perfume that I LOVE and doesn't give me any reactions is
LizSport by Liz Claiborne.

Originally posted by Kristie:
buy Dune and smell like Bono.

I went to Macy's today to see if Lizsport was on special cause it's really expensive and I passed by a counter did a double take and saw Dune by Christian Dior. I asked the lady for a sample she put it on a paper and I asked her if this was a men's cologne or women's perfume and she said it was a woman's. Is there a Dune men's cologne out there like Bono wears or is this it?
I just wanted a sample cause I was curious to know how it smells and the way Bono smells.
smile.gif
I'm crazy aren't I.

clinique happy...it's all about clinique happy!

------------------
love is blindness
i don't want to see
won't you wrap the night around me
o my heart
love is blindness

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
This is so off topic, but I can reach my "target" group best in this forum...
I need a new perfume....what do you all wear, and what are your favorites?
What is difficult: most "expensive" department store perfumes are so "heavy", they smell like something you'd only want to wear for an evening out. I need something I can wear day and night.
Ready? Go!

oops.. I read the question wrong!

ok.. A really GREAT perfume that I'm gonna buy for myself is ROYAL DOULTON. It smells SO GOOOOOD! It has a light woodsy-flower scent to it. It costs around 50$ Canadian.

------------------
id love adam to perform for me..wearing only cologne and a smile

[This message has been edited by madamc (edited 04-21-2002).]

No one else has mentioned it, but I really like Pleasures by Este Lauder. It's a very fresh, clean scent and can be worn everyday. It's also not very expensive.

Originally posted by Lise:

I went to Macy's today to see if Lizsport was on special cause it's really expensive and I passed by a counter did a double take and saw Dune by Christian Dior. I asked the lady for a sample she put it on a paper and I asked her if this was a men's cologne or women's perfume and she said it was a woman's. Is there a Dune men's cologne out there like Bono wears or is this it?
I just wanted a sample cause I was curious to know how it smells and the way Bono smells.
smile.gif
I'm crazy aren't I.[/B]

Well why have'nt I heard that Bono wears Dune ?....Where have I been !?
I wear Dune also...the scent for women....I'm not sure if thay make a mans scent.....kinda strange to think Bono and I wear the same perfume !!!!
wink.gif

*makes mental note to check on Dune cologne for men *
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
She's ellipical
Also political
All so spiritual
Not superficial......

There is a Dune for men and one for women.

Mens:Dune by Christian Dior

Christian Dior introduced Dune in 1997. It's fragrant nature explores essences of fig, black currant and sage. Blended with notes of sandalwood, cedar and basil. Dune is recommended for formal use.

Womens:Dune by Christian Dior

Christian Dior introduced Dune in 1992. This fine fragrance contains lily, wallflower, peony and is accented with amber, musk and vanilla . Dune is recommended for evening use.

Originally posted by dipster:
No one else has mentioned it, but I really like Pleasures by Este Lauder. It's a very fresh, clean scent and can be worn everyday. It's also not very expensive.

I have that kind....the only "spiffy" perfume I have
wink.gif

Thanks ladies for all the advice...I'm goin to the mall today with a list...
Dune for men: The Bon Marche said they don't have it anymore, I think they're smokin' crack.....I'm looking all over today for it. I also want a sample so I can "smell Bono" whenever I want
biggrin.gif

Thanks again ladies.......

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
I have that kind....the only "spiffy" perfume I have
wink.gif

Thanks ladies for all the advice...I'm goin to the mall today with a list...
Dune for men: The Bon Marche said they don't have it anymore, I think they're smokin' crack.....I'm looking all over today for it. I also want a sample so I can "smell Bono" whenever I want
biggrin.gif

Thanks again ladies.......

That sounds like a very good plan !!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I just may do the same.....

What kind of makes me mad.....the ladies at perfume counters always look at me like "
rolleyes.gif
Uh, yes miss-can we help you?"

So in an effort to get as many free samples as possible (do they still make the sample "vials" in plastic with the cheap tops?) I'm pulling the "I don't know if I'll have an allergic reaction to this perfume....do you have a sample I can take home with me?" It sounds like something a six year old would do, but darnit, I don't want to spend $50 on something and then not like it.......

my sig fragrance is eternity, i have worn it forever, ppl can regonize me by the scent

my fave men's cologne is obsession, it just makes me
icon26.gif
, the only time it backfired on me, was when i smelled it and traced the scent to an old, old man who was wearing it! boy was i surprised!

------------------
Is it getting hot in here or is it just ADAM??
*+*MaRiA*+*

Right now, my faves are:

Sexy Graffiti by Escada
Tommy Girl
Romance by Ralph Lauren
Lilly Chic by Escada
Burburry Weekend
Origins Ginger Essence
Organza Idecense by Givenchy (heavy fragrance)

I love to shop Sephora for perfume because they have a HUGE selection...if you want it, chances are they have it

Originally posted by Kristie:
Is there a Dune men's cologne out there like Bono wears or is this it?
smile.gif
I'm crazy aren't I.[/B]

There is a Dune for men.

this is it:

ttastore_1679_26820826

I have a little sample in my photo album, just next between the pictures of Bono and me onstage
smile.gif
. It helps to keep the memory alive... *sigh* You should of seen me and my friend Catherine trying to find Bono's scent. We looked pretty much insane.

------------------
"Forgive me Father!"
- Bono on May 28th after rolling around with me
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Melpop (edited 04-22-2002).]

Originally posted by Melpop:
There is a Dune for men.

this is it:

ttastore_1679_26820826

I want a bottle of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to just carry the bottle around and just sniff it and think "Mmmmmmmmmmmm BON-OH"

------------------
Daisy
I wasn't jumping for me it was a fall. It's a long way down to nothing at all
AIM: daisyone75
MSN:daisybean75

Originally posted by daisybean:

I want a bottle of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to just carry the bottle around and just sniff it and think "Mmmmmmmmmmmm BON-OH"

Hopefully I can find this when I go "perfume hunting" today...I'm either going to get a sample, or spray a card very heavily and stick it in my dresser....then my socks can smell like Bono!
wink.gif

well, seeing as how my sense of smell got wacked out about a year ago, and now *everything* smells weird to me, I stick with what I know: I've been wearing "Liz" by Liz Claiborne for ages...it's light, a bit fruity, and smells as good when you first put it on as it does later...plus it's inexpensive.
smile.gif

I also wear Champs Elysee' on occasion, but that's a bit sweet smelling...

I get lots of compliments on both.

Back
Top Bottom