Perfume.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
This is so off topic, but I can reach my "target" group best in this forum...
I need a new perfume....what do you all wear, and what are your favorites?
What is difficult: most "expensive" department store perfumes are so "heavy", they smell like something you'd only want to wear for an evening out. I need something I can wear day and night.
Ready? Go!

Abecrombie(sp??) and Fitch 8

Wow, thanks for telling me. Now when I go to the states, I can look for it LOL. That's why I enjoy going to the States, they have such cool places to shop. I looove Victoria's Secret, I mean, for the most part, underwear is underwear, but I like their thongs LOL, maybe that was a little to much information.

Originally posted by Stories for Boys:
clinique happy...it's all about clinique happy!

I can not agree with you more! It IS all about Happy. I am also very sensitive to perfume and dyes but I can bask in this scent all day long. It is a happy fragrence - so aptly named - and fruity and lightly flowery [not heavy at all].

Get yourself a sample now - it is awesome.

------------------
Mone

You ain't nothin without a rhythm section to back you up.

"What Adam does with his willy is his business..." -Bono

I got Miracle by Lancome....except I got it in a solid "stick" that I can keep in my purse(no worries about breaking a bottle)...it really smells wonderful...

Good choice Mrs.Clayton ! That's what my best friend wears and she always smells great.
smile.gif

------------------
And time is a string of pearls...

I found Dune!!!'
It's about a 20 minute drive away....should I go that far just to smell what cologne Bono wears???
Am I being crazy.....let me know...should I go?? I don't think I'd buy a bottle of it, but I'm dying to know what he smells like.
Oh, by the way, found it at Sephora!

Wait a minute....Elizabeth bought Adam pants...why can't I buy Bono cologne????
Because I'm a girl!
I'm so confused!

I would go and at least smell it! And get one (or a lot) of those sticks you spray it on!
biggrin.gif

Seriously. I would go.

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

I think I'll go tomorrow......if I went now, I'd have to deal with way too much traffic.
What if it smells so absolutely wonderful that I feel like I must buy it???

I think I'll go tomorrow......if I went now, I'd have to deal with way too much traffic.
What if it smells so absolutely wonderful that I feel like I must buy it???

Hmmm...got a little extra splurge money?
wink.gif

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child

$460 from the IRS......what better way to spend it?!?!?

Sounds like a plan!

Now you know what you should do? Send me one of those little cards with the scent on it so that I too can smell what Bono smells like
wink.gif

------------------
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child

I have the little sample of Dune right here with me... (on a little piece of cardboard they give out... it smelled even better on Bono... *sigh*) They say that scent is what brings back the most memories. It sure does...

It's kinda of a soft smell... it's not a cologne that you can smell a mile away! I'm sure that when you'll smell it, you'll think that it's a perfect scent for Bono.

By the way, we assumed it was Dune, because it was a perfect ressemblance to the scent left in my hair. Maybe it isn't really Dune, but whatever he was wearing was pretty identical to that!

If any girls in Quebec are interested, there's always some in La Baie... There is probably some in Sears... I even saw some in some pharmacies.

------------------
"Forgive me Father!"
- Bono on May 28th after rolling around with me :)

Sears??Now why didn't I think of that???
There is a Sears 5 minutes away...I think I'll call them...
I'm interested in knowing how you deduced that Dune was the cologne...
wink.gif

So, could it be "unisex" or not??
Melpop-look what your rolling around with Bono started!

I'm interested in knowing how you deduced that Dune was the cologne...
wink.gif

So, could it be "unisex" or not??

It's not unisex, there's one for Men and one for Women...

How I deduced it was Dune? Well... first off, I was in his neck the whole time and he had lots of perfume on. So, it was really easy for me to remember that scent. Also, I had his scent all over me... I remember falling asleep that night and I still had his scent in my hair! I put the strands of hair that smelled more closer to my nose and I fell asleep to Bono's scent (now that's pathetic!).

So the next morning, as me and my friends woke up simultaneously at 9 am screaming, we decided to find out what was that wonderful smell! (by the way, when I had just came out of the Molson Center, all sorts of fans came to hug me, scream with me and all... and even some wanted to smell my hair... lol... everybody was like:"Oh my god you smell like Bono"...)

So we went to LaBaie (place Versailles for any Montrealers) and started smelling perfumes. A woman at the counter said:"May I help you?". We both looked at each other not knowing what to do and said:"Well.. we're looking for a specific cologne...". She said:"Is it for a young man or and older man?" We said:"Hmmm... young man"
smile.gif
Then we kept on going around. We smelled some Armani (which at first I thought was this... but the smell was too strong) then a couple of perfumes later we found Dune and thought:"Yes!" I made my friend smell it too and we agreed that it was his smell!

Since that day, everytime we pass in a store of with Dune, we go get a little sample thingy
smile.gif
. But, I'm not doing that any more... I figure I should stop... after almost a year... it's just sad.

------------------
"Forgive me Father!"
- Bono on May 28th after rolling around with me :)

Originally posted by Melpop:
Since that day, everytime we pass in a store of with Dune, we go get a little sample thingy
smile.gif
. But, I'm not doing that any more... I figure I should stop... after almost a year... it's just sad.

if you were talking to anyone but us, it would sound sad... but I'm sure I would do the EXACT same thing
wink.gif

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
Success is not about how much money you have, the size of your house, or who you know. It's all about how cool your pants are.

[This message has been edited by Kristie (edited 04-22-2002).]

I found it!!!!
It smells wonderful!!!
$26 at Longs Drugs!

When I was there, they had mini bottles of many fragrances.....but not Dune
frown.gif
I wish I could find a mini bottle somewhere-I just don't know what I'd do with a whole bottle of mens cologne

[This message has been edited by Mrs.Clayton (edited 04-22-2002).]

Congrats Mrs.Clayton for finding Dune or for men!
By the way you aren't crazy for buying it. I'm also going to try to find it and maybe buy it myself. I really do wish they would sell a small sample cause I don't want to buy a big bottle. If not I could always give it to my brother if I only find a bottle
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Lise (edited 04-22-2002).]

Okay, I have a parfume "problem" I'd like to state that up front. Rarely do I wear the same scents during the day and night. (yes, that is part of the problem, I also have "outfit" parfumes...)The parfume I really like for almost all occasions is Victoria's Secret Heavenly. Banana Republic also makes a great parfume for all occasions. My current Bath and Body works favorites are Night Blooming Jasmine, Pearberry, and Country Apple.
Good Luck.

Originally posted by the_fly2002:
Wow, you learn something everyday. I didn't know Victoria's Secret made a perfume LOL. Too bad we don't have that here.

They also make a very nice cosmetics line
smile.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

A Success!!
Thank you all! I was right about the snooty, stuck up ladies at the Bon Marche.....but I'll tell you about that later..
I got Miracle by Lancome....except I got it in a solid "stick" that I can keep in my purse(no worries about breaking a bottle)...it really smells wonderful...

Onto the hunt for Dune..............
the half brained employees of the Bon Marche really need to know their products....I asked one lady "Do you have Dune for men?" She looked at me like
confused.gif
and said, "No" So I said "Do you have Dune for women?" same look, she then said "No"....I walked around the corner....Dune for women sitting right there, big display... Then I asked another lady about Dune for men...she said it isn't being made anymore
confused.gif
???? So I asked if they knew any place I could try to look for it....
confused.gif

They really are completely stupid there...I'm calling around the greater Seattle area.......I will find it.

[This message has been edited by Mrs.Clayton (edited 04-22-2002).]

Melpop ~ I am DYING here! You went to sleep covered in Bono-scent!?!?
And woke up in it?!?!
Talk about your sweetest dreams!!! *melts*

I have problems finding perfumes that smell good on me. I think it's because my skin is very sensitive & so most scents come off smelling way too heavy or sickie-sweet or just plain wrong.
I am most fond of:
1) Happy by clinique
2) Lily Chic by Escada ( but not too much)
3) Weekend Burberry for Men ( yes, for Men; it's not as sweet as the women's)
4) Cancer 2000 by Victoria's Secret ( this was one of their zodiac scents in 2000 which they have since discontinued, but I found 4 bottles at an outlet mall- discounted!) Being a Cancer, it is PERFECT for me- it smells like the Ocean on a Moonlit night!
5) My all-time fave & signature scent that even my Mom says is just "me":
Ma Liberte du Jean Patou. Also discontinued. But Mom & Dad found a few bottles on their trip to Grand Cayman a few yrs ago & bought them all for me. I have only a bottle & a half left. Then, I suppose I'll have to go to Paris for more.

Doesn't Edge wear Patrick cologne from Ireland?

------------------
"... move on this moment... follow this feeling"
~* PLEBA-girl powers: ELEVATE!!! *~
** Official Minister of Swagger for L.E.A.T.H.E.R. **
I THINK, THEREFORE, U2

Originally posted by Julyfly:

Doesn't Edge wear Patrick cologne from Ireland?

OMG-he does??? Where did you hear that?

I have bought that before for guys. You can buy it in Irish shops and catalogs. I LOVE that cologne.

If he wears that, I'm going off to buy some, bathing in it every day, and sprinkling my sheets with it.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by madonna's child:
Daffodil Fields. (But daffodil fields is no longer made.
frown.gif
)

I love that too! And sadly, it has been phased out.
frown.gif

I also love Givenchy Oblique Fast Forward and Givenchy Extravagance.
wink.gif

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
OMG-he does??? Where did you hear that?

I have bought that before for guys. You can buy it in Irish shops and catalogs. I LOVE that cologne.

If he wears that, I'm going off to buy some, bathing in it every day, and sprinkling my sheets with it.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Back in '92, my friend Lori ( an Edge girl )met him before one of the Outside Broadcast shows beside the food tent & he was signing some autographs & letting fans take pictures. He signed something for her & was leaning kinda close & she blurts out to our other friend, " O MY GOD! He's wearing Patrick cologne!" She had been to Ireland recently & had bought some. Well, Edge smiled & said, "Yes, that's right, I do." He was very amused at her reaction!

------------------
"... move on this moment... follow this feeling"
~* PLEBA-girl powers: ELEVATE!!! *~
** Official Minister of Swagger for L.E.A.T.H.E.R. **
I THINK, THEREFORE, U2

Thanks for answering
smile.gif

W
eek.gif
W!! I'd just die if I was her.. He is just so sweet

Well, that was 10 years ago-how will I find out if he still wears it? OK-next chance I get, I shall have to nuzzle his neck real close.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
my fave men's cologne is obsession, it just makes me
icon26.gif
, the only time it backfired on me, was when i smelled it and traced the scent to an old, old man who was wearing it! boy was i surprised!

GAAAAH! I used to like Obsession... my boyfriend at the time wore it. Then, we broke up and the scent makes my skin crawl.

LOL.

My boyfriend wears Carolina Herera if he remembers to put it on in the morning. I once smelled it while working in a bookstore and traced it to a rather good looking guy. I couldn't resist... I had to know... "Is that Carolina Herera you're wearing?" He looked at me surprised and said yes. He didn't think people would recognize it because it's not as popular as some of the other fragrances out there.

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Just my two cents:

I wear Ocean Dream by Giorgio Beverly Hills. I'm not sure if they still make it, because it takes me a long time to go through a bottle. It's my favoritest.

I also wear Emporio Armani's "She/Elle...etc." Sometimes I also wear Fire and Ice, which has a vanilla-y smell that's good for cold weather, and in the spring I wear a spring flowers perfume made by Victoria's Secret.

By the way, is there any way to get Edge's cologne in the States? If not, could someone please describe it for me? I'm also gonna check out Dune. You know, it's a girls prerogative to know what her favorites rock stars smell like.
biggrin.gif

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

*Update*
At the Body Shop-they have some Indian Gardenia products....very, very nice
wink.gif

I got the lotion, more portable than a bottle of perfume.
Also they have some other stuff, but I can't describe it yet, except it's awesome!

I want to know more about Edge's cologne
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom