Paul O'Neill got Bono shades, Bono got dancers.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NicaMom

Den Mother
Well my heart is where it's always been, my head i

Kcal 9 news (local tv station in LA) showed a clip of Bono and O'Neill in Africa last wednesday.
In one of the shots you see a group of African women dancing with Bono in the middle of all, with a shy look on his face.:D
It seems they had the same effect on Bono than bellydancers do.:D
They also showed part of O'Neill's speech about the trip and at he end he puts a pair of blue shades Bono gave him.
He joked that because of government rules he would have to pay for them or return them.

I read a story before the trip that said O'Neill was going to trade Bono a gray wig for a pair of the blue shades. Don't think Bono wants the gray wig LOL! If O'Neill did get a pair, I'm sure the money came out of the US Treasury and not his pocket, but as big a tightwad as he is he probably didn't take them rather than have to pay.

Mirrorball Girl said:
Bono?? SHY??

I was going to say the same thing.......huh? Actually, though, I thought he looked a bit shy on one awards show a few years back when he performed with Kirk Franklin. But just because someone looks shy doesn't mean they are.....it's so uncharacteristic. At least I think so. :question:

If anyone happens to have Saturday's edition of the National Post (a Canadian newspaper) there's a HUGE, BEAUTIFUL pic of this on p. F3. I don't have access to a scanner right now but if you get the newspaper or know someone who does, grab Saturday's edition!!!

ZooGrl said:
If anyone happens to have Saturday's edition of the National Post (a Canadian newspaper) there's a HUGE, BEAUTIFUL pic of this on p. F3. I don't have access to a scanner right now but if you get the newspaper or know someone who does, grab Saturday's edition!!!

Damn, I'm from the U.S, so I wouldn't have a Canadian newspaper. That sounds cool.......I loved the pix from that trip. I have a gazillion of them stored on my disk. The whole thing was both a rush and a heartbreaker. What a surreal experience for both of these guys, especially O'Neil. Oh, yes, Jubilee USA is having a letter-writing campaign to welcome O'Neil back! Wow! Is this stuff cool, or what? OK, I'm getting hackneyed, but it's adrenaline overdrive. :laugh: :laugh: :lol: :lol:

Oops... my apologies... that was page F3 of the Globe and Mail, not the National Post, in case anyone was looking.

I'll try and get my scanner working but lately it just makes my computer freeze (I am so computer illiterate) so I don't guarantee I'll be able to post it.... I'll scour the G&M site though, maybe it's there.

originally posted by Desire4Bono [/i]
If O'Neill did get a pair, I'm sure the money came out of the US Treasury and not his pocket, but as big a tightwad as he is he probably didn't take them rather than have to pay.
LOL I hope he kept them and gave them to his youngest daughter, she's a U2 fan.:)
I'll have to take a pic of my video and show you all the shy look on Bono's face, it's just a look... I'm sure he was enjoying the attention.:D

Last edited:
NicaMom said:
LOL I hope he kept them and gave them to his youngest daughter, she's a U2 fan.:)
I'll have to take a pic of my video and show you all the shy look on Bono's face, it's just a look... I'm sure he was enjoying the attention.:D

Oh, yeah......BTW I read somewhere where O'Neill took out the glasses and showed them to someone in Washington, so he definitely took the things. I believe it was a gift, as was the T-shirt. Nice, nice, very nice........:

Back
Top Bottom