Out of Control pt 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
Bono was glad the house was empty and his dad was not about, when they got back; it would make it easier to talk to Angie with out him listening in.

“Y’know I could really do with something a bit stronger than this” Angie remarked as Bono handed her a mug of tea.

“Yeah, well it will have to do, my Da keeps the strong stuff locked up from me, and carries the key on his person” Bono replied grinning as he sat next to her.

“She frowned a little in concern, “I don’t know what he is going to think when he sees that nice purple bruise on your face” she took a sip of the hot tea “You shouldn’t have bothered coming after me Bono, it would have saved you a lot of aggro”

Bono shrugged “Well I didn’t come after you thinking I was going to get into a punch-up with Mickey Black, though I did warn you about him before” he added dryly

Angie’s lips twisted into a smile of sorts “Yeah you did, and I told you then to butt out for your own good, but you never listen”

“I just don’t understand why you want to get involved with a guy like that” Bono replied

“Because maybe I am a girl like that,” Angie retorted

“If you think that I am poor innocent little girl who got misled by Mickey Black… you are very wrong, that’s not how it is” she then informed him

“Then tell me how it is?” Bono replied quietly, his blue eyes resting on her intently

She stared at him as if deciding how to reply to this, and then ran a hand through her hair

“Gawd, I need a smoke badly,” she said as if stalling his request.

“Bono rummaged in his jeans pockets, “If you are lucky I got one left, we can share, if you don’t mind” he told her

“Sure, whatever” she quickly replied

Bono lit up the cigarette and took a deep draw from it himself before handing it to her; she took it puffing on it as if her life depended on it.

“So you were going to tell me how it is,” Bono, reminded her

“Yeah, I guess I was” Angie replied, blowing the smoke into the air, her eyes narrowing a little, then she turned to look at him, her expression hard, her smile brittle

“You got this idea of me in your head, that is totally wrong, I am not some innocent little girl who has been laid astray by the big bad wolf like Mickey Black, in truth Mickey Black probably understands me a lot more than you do”

“He’s got a strange way of showing it” Bono retorted

Angie laughed, “Yeah I guess he does. But really I only have myself to blame, he is my dealer you see, you know I am into drugs right” she studied his expression to see if he was shocked or dismayed before handing him back the cigarette.

Taking it from her he shrugged casually “I had heard, didn’t know how seriously you dabbled in them though” he took a slow deliberate draw from the cigarette

“Yeah well, I am into them, sometimes I couldn’t afford to pay so I would get them for favours, if you know what I am saying, sexual favours” Angie informed him she wasn’t exactly boasting, but her voice held no shame, just casual and matter of fact.

“I was happy enough with the arrangement, but then a few months he started pushing it, thinking I should share my favours with some of his male friends, think he had ideas about becoming my pimp but I soon put him right… no one owns me or tells me what to do, especially men” she stated vehemently

“What did you do?” Bono asked.

“I knew where he kept his stash, I stole them… I guess he found out… which was why you came up on us in that alleyway”

“I shared them out with the ones in the squat, then they discovered where I got them, they knew Mickey was on the warpath which was why the kicked me out… and you come along my knight in shining armour determined to save me from myself” she drawled mockingly and took the cigarette from him to finish it.

“And all you get for your troubles is a sock in the jaw… I hope you think I am worth it”

“You are a strange girl Angie, I will admit that, maybe I am wasting my time trying to help you when you don’t want to be helped, but if you expect me to condemn you I am not going to do it”
Bono informed her.

“Yeah I might have known” Angie crushed the cigarette in the ashtray on the nearby table, “I think you are a strange guy, and the scary part is I am starting to like you for it”

“What is so scary about liking me?” Bono enquired

“I am no good with emotional attachments Bono… they are not for me, caring about you is not an option I can allow… it wouldn’t be fair on either of us... especially not you, you don’t deserve the hassle, you are better finding a nice steady girl to settle down with and forget a screw up like me. Some things are not fixable

She seemed distant lost in her own thoughts

“What makes you so unfixable Angie?” Bono asked sensing she might start opening up to him at last”

“I just am…You wouldn’t understand” she insisted

“Try me” Bono replied

She stared at him steadily for a moment then shook her head as if she was going through some private struggle; then she opened her mouth about to speak; only the sound of the front door opening stopped her before she got a word out

“Dammit” Bono swore at his father’s impeccable timing

“A few moments later his father strolled into the living room. He eyed up Bono and Angie sitting on the sofa

“So you are still here I see” he remarked as he started to unbutton his overcoat

“Just as well I suppose as I have brought someone here to see you”

Bono and Angie just stared at him in bewilderment, Bono’s father turned towards the hallway

“C’mon in Sean she is in here”

Bono’s eyes widened in surprise when he recognised Angie’s father step into the room, his gaze turned on Angie, who had gone deathly pale as if she was seeing a ghost.

“Well what’s this I have been hearing about you” her father spoke up his eyes resting on his daughter.

“Good news luv, I ran into your Da this evening and we had a wee talk about you, and guess what? Your Da has come to take you home” Bono’s father stated cheerfully

But Bono noticed Angie wasn’t smiling.

Last edited:
thanks girls for the feedback, I will write some more while I can, but as I am going into hospital next wednsday for a minor ear op, then have to take it easy for a bit after that, I might have to take a break from the story before I get it finished... the good news is I should be well recovered for going to see U2 in Dublin on the 25th!!!!:wink: :)

I love this story. You are lucky seeing U2 in Dublin--that would be a dream come true! Good luck with your operation & take it easy. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom