Out Of Control - Chapter 33.5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sad_Girl

Blue Crack Supplier
**The following is a work of fiction. No offense intended to anyone, it’s all meant in good fun. Strong language, semi-adult themes

This isn't all that long, and it really should've been included in the last chapter. oops! :reject:

Chapter Thirty-four

The mood was high at the Ritz that night. St Patrick’s Day in NYC with a few thousand of their biggest fans was, for U2, everything it meant to be a rock star. They felt as if they had lost gravity completely and everyone in the club was floating, drifting in the energy of the music itself.

Bono laughed when a pair of lacy panties hit the stage and slid nearly all the way back to settle at the bottom of Larry’s bass drum. He wondered what kind of sanitizing it would have had to undergo if they had actually touched the drum kit. Maybe, Bono thought with a smirk, Larry would just burn it and buy a new one. No, Larry was too frugal to spend that kind of money. He was in an unusually good mood, but that was due, at least in part, to the fact that he and Adam had gotten completely pissed before the show.

Bono stooped and picked the thin lingerie up, holding it up first for Adam to see.

“These belong to your number one fan from the lobby?” He asked playfully, not speaking into the mic. Adam spoke out of one corner of his mouth, a cigarette pinched in the other. His eyes narrowed as the smoke drifted back into his face.

“Nope.” He informed Bono, his blonde curls bobbing comically as he shook his head.

“Are you sure?” Bono teased, turning the panties this way and that for Adam to examine them.

“They’re not Holly’s,” Adam replied with a smirk. “I’m wearing hers.”

Bono laughed in surprise at his friend and then tried to shake his head clear of the thought.

“Thank you.” Bono said into the mic, turning back to the audience and searching the faces. As soon as he saw her, he knew which girl it had been. “But I think you need these more than I do, or you’ll get cold walking home.” He told her with a wink, tossing them back to her. She shrugged and batted her eyelashes at him as if to say she was willing to take that risk. He grinned at her as he started to sing again, strutting forward and nearly teetering off the stage before backing up to a safer distance. Even stone sober he wasn’t particularly graceful; the last thing he needed to do was fall off the stage tonight. He’d never hear the end of that.

Adam could think of little other than Holly. She’d made sure of that, hadn’t she? Convincing him to wear her panties was either torture or heaven. He wasn’t sure yet. Every time he so much as shifted his weight he was reminded of her shimmying out of them, sliding them down her legs in the green room backstage and putting them in the palm of his hand.

“Wear them on stage for me?” she’d asked, her lips inches from his, her breath tickling them.

“What?” he’d chuckled, leaning in and trying to catch her lips in a kiss. She backed up a little every time he advanced, smiling and clucking her tongue playfully.

“It’ll be like I’m up there with you,” she told him. “Touching you,” she breathed, leaning forward when he stopped trying to catch her. “Think you can take it?” she asked, smiling coquettishly.

“I think…it’s a good thing I’ve got a big bass,” Adam told her with a smirk, his eyes sparkling with interest. Holly chuckled devilishly as she leaned in and kissed him teasingly. If he hadn’t been so drunk, he might’ve changed his mind after his shower, when he was getting dressed. As they left the stage and he looked for Holly, anticipation made his heart race. He couldn’t remember a more exciting moment with any woman. He pushed past the others in the band and their guests, frowning when he made it all the way to the stage door without any sign of her. There were several possible scenarios which would cause her to not be here, waiting for him, and he didn’t like any of them.

“Adam!” He heard his name and turned, hoping to see Holly approaching through the crowd. He couldn’t hide his disappointment when he saw it was Natalie who was trying to get his attention. “Looking for Holly?” She asked, smiling at him knowingly. He smiled weakly and nodded. “She wants you to meet her at the hotel.” She told him, her heart aching at the way his face transformed upon hearing her words.

Not long ago, she had that sort of relationship; where the mention of Bono would make her smile. Thanks to a long talk she had had with Holly that night, Natalie thought that maybe, just maybe, she might be able to repair the damage she’d done to that relationship. Her most logical side warned her to be cautious about where she got her advice. Her heart longed to be more like Holly, though. Why couldn’t she throw caution to the wind and just wear her heart on her sleeve for anyone and everyone to see? To greet Bono the way Adam had been greeted by Holly earlier was something she had hardly let herself imagine.

Yet, Holly was happy. She had followed her heart. Natalie couldn’t remember the last time she had shut down all of her fears and gave up her cool control. She watched as Adam rushed out to where the cars waited, anxious to be with Holly again. She wanted to let go of everything and be as free as they were. She just wondered if, after all these years, she still could.

“Holly?” Adam called, flipping on the light switch as soon as he had the door open. The room was empty, but there was a note on the pillow. I’m waiting in the hot tub. The door had barely drifted shut, and Adam was already back out, leaving the lights on in his rush.

The lights were off in the pool area, but the door was wedged open with a towel, so Adam slipped in, letting the door close behind himself and taking the towel with him. He turned the corner past the changing rooms to find the alcove with the hot tub lit by candle light. Holly waited, stretched out in the soothing bubbles, her head back and eyes closed as if she were nearly asleep.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

She smiled shyly up at him and grinned cheekily at her, making her chuckle. She still felt as if she were floating. This was better than any high she’d ever had, by far. Adam was her favorite drug. He kissed her with so much tenderness now that it made her want to weep.

“I love you, Holly. You are unbelievable.” He murmured against her ear as he lay on top of her, crushing her with his weight as he relaxed.

“I love you, Adam. I’ve missed you.” She told him. “But if you fall asleep like this, and pin me here until one of the hotel staff finds us I may never forgive you.” She teased, and his body convulsed with laughter at the thought.

The last scene was, obviously, edited to be suitable for this site.

If you're on my list, check your in-box for the unedited version :wink:

if you want it and aren't on my list or are and don't get it then just let me know :)

:drool: OMG Adam is an amazing lover:combust: I cannot post all of my thoughts on this short but very sweet chapter for the same reason you mentioned :wink:

Thank you for the extended version. I will give you my thoughts on that via email.
:bow: SG fan fic Goddess

Wonderful as always, and thanks for the extended scene! :combust:

Could you change your email address for me, please? Please send it to thora_seb@yahoo.ca. I never check the one I gave to you before (sharebear14@hotmail.com). Thanks so much! :hug:

It was this quote which inspired this chapter, by the way :wink:

"Yeah, I think I'd be a much better woman than I am a man. I think my talents are more in that direction. I don't mind dressing up, I don't think it makes much difference, not really.

I'd love to wear women's underwear if the sizes were right but they don't really support you, you just tend to flop one way or the other."

- Adam

I got this off the website http://www.u2takemehigher.com/main.html

Sad_Girl said:
It was this quote which inspired this chapter, by the way :wink:

"Yeah, I think I'd be a much better woman than I am a man. I think my talents are more in that direction. I don't mind dressing up, I don't think it makes much difference, not really.

I'd love to wear women's underwear if the sizes were right but they don't really support you, you just tend to flop one way or the other."

- Adam

I got this off the website http://www.u2takemehigher.com/main.html

:lmao: omg that is SO adam!
this made me lol badly btw... I love this story, but I hope the drama will become less for B and Nathalie!

Back
Top Bottom