Out Of Control - Chapter 25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sad_Girl

Blue Crack Supplier
**The following is a work of fiction. No offense intended to anyone, it’s all meant in good fun. Strong language, semi-adult themes

Chapter Twenty-five

Natalie woke because of a strange noise which her mind did not recognize. It was a high pitched sound which only lasted for a second or two at a time. Then she felt something cold and wet against the bare skin on the bottom of her foot. She sat up with a yelp, drawing her feet away from the source of the rather rude awakening and startling Larry.

“Wha…?” He mumbled, wiping the sleep out of his eyes with the back of one hand. Alyx scowled as she looked around for what had awakened her but found nothing. “What’s wrong?” he asked, sounding irritated with her for waking him up.

“Did you hear that?” She asked, holding her breath and straining her ears to find the sound again. Larry sighed and ran a hand over his face again, scratching his nose as he half-listened. He was about to speak when she heard it again. Larry smiled when he heard it, too.

“JJ!” He said, sitting up and clapping his hands together. A pair of black ears appeared over the footboard of the bed, soon followed by big, brown puppy dog eyes. “Come here!” Larry called, and the black lab jumped to its feet and ran around the side of the bed, tail wagging rapidly.

“What’re you doing?” He asked the animal, scratching between its ears. The dog’s tail thump-thumped against the floor as it sat and accepted Larry’s attention happily. “Are you trying to steal my girl?” The dog made the high pitched whining sound again and barked at his owners attention, obviously thrilled.

“I should’ve realized.” Alyx sighed with relief, laying back down on the pillow beside Larry. She had heard enough about the dog, as he had been included in a great many of Larry’s stories and discussions about his home and family. She’d only briefly wondered where the dog had been the night before and how he’d gotten into the room now.

“He must’ve snuck in when I got up to use the toilet a couple of hours ago.” Larry mused, still patting the dog on the head as he lay back down beside her. Alyx snuggled up to him from behind, placing a kiss against his spine, right between his shoulder blades. He sighed happily and leaned back, tilting his face to the side for a kiss. Alyx happily obliged, her lips moving over his hungrily, their tongues wrestling for dominance.

JJ let out another whimper and then a loud howl, obviously unsure about what this stranger was doing to his Larry. Larry grinned against Alyx’s mouth and she couldn’t help but chuckle. They both looked over at the dog who was shifting anxiously from side to side, ready to act once he figured out whether or not he should be defending his owner.

He let out a small bark, as if asking Larry what he should do, and when Larry laughed and reached to pet the dog, he lurched forward and licked his face. Larry was less than thrilled with the sloppy dog kisses on his nose and mouth, but Alyx found it extremely amusing.

“He was just jealous that you were letting someone else lick you.” She teased, and Larry smirked at her.

“Good thing he wasn’t in here watching me last night.” Larry replied, making the color rise to Alyx’s cheeks at the memory. She had some experience in her past, but even her raciest encounter seemed downright dull in comparison to what she and Larry had shared their first time together. He smiled at the blush the memory brought to her face.

“We still have to face your father.” She reminded him nervously. Larry sighed and ran a strong hand over his face.

“Yeah. I suppose we ought to get up, then, eh?” He replied, swinging his feet over the side of the bed and sitting upright. JJ jumped to his feet and ran to the door, practically dancing in excitement.

“We? I was rather hoping you might go first.” Alyx told him honestly.

“He’s not that bad.” Larry teased. “But if you’d like I can go say good morning and you can join us in the kitchen in a bit.” He added, kissing her softly before he stood and slid his jeans from the night before back on. Alyx thanked him for his understanding and watched him as he slipped a T-shirt and sweater on, running his fingers through his messy hair to tidy it a bit.

“Larry?” She said, surprised at the sound of her own voice. She hadn’t meant to say anything at all, but her feelings had been so strong that they had almost spilled out of their own accord. Love. That was what she had been about to tell him. She loved him, loved him more than she had ever imagined possible.

“Yeah?” He asked, looking back at her expectantly.

“I’m… um, I just… thank you. For letting me come over so late, and letting me stay here and everything.” She rambled nervously.

“Sure.” He replied, his silver eyes shining as he smiled at her. “And Alyx? I love you, too.” He told her before slipping out the door and closing it softly between them. Alyx’s heart swelled near to bursting, and her eyes filled with tears. It had been a very long time since anyone had told her that they loved her.

“Good morning.” Larry greeted his father as he passed the kitchen table, opening the door to let JJ outside to relieve himself. He stood at the open door, the cold air hitting him in the face and waking him up completely. He shivered as he watched to make sure the dog didn’t run off into the street.

“Aye.” Larry’s father replied, dusting the toast crumbs off the front of his shirt. “I suspect it seems a very fine morning to you.”

“Ahh… Did I disturb you last night?” Larry asked, wincing inwardly. He had sincerely hoped his father had slept through the noise he and Alyx had made.

“I heard you leave quite late. Came back in with someone.” Larry senior replied, turning the pages of the newspaper he was looking over.

“Yeah. That was the girl I told you about, Alyx.” Larry replied before clapping his hands and calling for JJ to come back in.

“You plan to marry her?” His father asked gruffly, his eyes still on the paper as Larry used a towel to wipe up the snow the dog had tracked in on the floor. Larry stopped and looked up at his father seriously.

“As a matter of fact, I do.” He replied. His father nodded in approval and turned another page.

“She’s Irish?” He asked.

“She is.”

“Her name isn’t.” He stated. “What is it, Alexandria?”

“Actually, it’s Allison.” They heard a soft, feminine voice respond from the doorway. They both looked up to see Alyx dressed casually in a T-shirt and jeans, her short blonde hair looking a bit shaggy and mussed. It gave her a soft, feminine appeal which she usually tried to avoid. Larry could not help but smile at her, his heart skipping a beat. This beauty was the woman he loved, and who loved him. He was proud of her, and wanted his father to see her as he did.

“Allison?” His father asked, glancing up from his newspaper to look at her briefly.

“Right. Alyx was just a nickname. My brother didn’t speak very well as a little boy, he could say Alyx though. I always felt it suited me more than Allison or Ali.” She replied. Larry senior grunted softly to acknowledge her explanation, and, apparently, accept it.

“Alyx, this is my father, obviously. Dad, this is Alyx.” Larry belatedly introduced them and they smiled at one another awkwardly.

“Help yourself to tea, it’s ready there on the stove. Larry can help you find something to eat.” His father told her, closing the newspaper and folding it up neatly. “I’m off to work. Will you be here for dinner tonight?"

“Um…” Alyx stammered, looking at Larry for help. He nodded at her urgently and then laughed at the nervous expression on her face. “Yes. If that’s alright, of course.”

“It’s fine.” He replied as he donned his jacket. “I’ll see you tonight, then.” He told them as he left for work, and Larry wished his father a good day.

“That went well.” Alyx sighed, pouring herself a cup of tea.

“He loves you already.” Larry told her playfully, taking her face in his hands and kissing her square on the lips. “He’s not exactly a man of many words.” He explained, releasing her from his grasp and moving to make toast for them both.

“You look a lot like him.” Alyx observed, sitting down at the table and watching him as he withdrew two plates from the cupboard and then a slab of butter from the fridge.

“Is that a good thing?” He laughed.

“It is. You’re lucky I met you first.” She teased, making Larry snort with laughter at the thought of Alyx falling for his father. He moved over to the table and placed one of the plates in front of her and one in front of the seat which he then claimed for himself. “I was thinking we should start looking for a flat today. Maybe we can find one and have you moved in before we have to start touring again.”

“I’m sorry?” She asked, nearly choking on her breakfast.

“I’m making enough money to afford my own flat, finally, and we’re going to record our next album here in Dublin. There isn’t any reason for you to stay in London, is there?” he asked casually. It was as if he were simply asking if she intended to finish her tea or not. If you didn’t speak the language, you would never guess that he was making such a life altering proposal.

“I… hadn’t thought about anything of the sort, to be honest. Fuck, Larry… for as long as it took you to take the first step you’re moving awfully damn fast now.” She replied, replacing what remained of her toast on the plate and pushing it away.

“You don’t want to live with me?” Larry asked, his silvery eyes fading to a deep gray as he frowned at her. She rubbed her temples to ease the tension building there.

“It’s not that I don’t want to. I’m just surprised.” She informed him.

“Why should we wait?” He asked, and Alyx could not think of any reason, really. She was working with them at the moment, and she could easily find a job in Dublin once this project was complete. There was nothing tying her to London. The only reason she had lived there, really, was to put the distance between herself and her family.

She frowned at the thought of returning to Dublin and running the risk of seeing her brother more frequently. If he knew she lived in the city, he would come around, looking for money or to simply get away from their mother. Could she possibly keep her presence a secret? There were many things to consider, but looking at Larry, she already knew what her answer was.

“Alright. Let’s see what we can find.” She told him, making him beam at her. She loved his smile more than anything else, she thought. She loved that she could make him smile. Larry was looking through the ads in the newspaper within moments and reading them off to her.

“Aren’t there any one bedroom places listed?” She asked, carrying their dirty dishes to the sink and rinsing them off.

“Sure, but I figured we should try and get a place we can stay in for a couple of years at least. I wouldn’t want to have to move in the middle of a tour or something because we needed a bigger place. It’s better to get something with room for a baby right off.” He explained his thinking, and Alyx’s fingers went cold and numb with shock. She closed her eyes and gripped the side of the sink, trying not to hyperventilate.

“I’ve been trying to get a hold of you constantly!” Edge scolded Bono as soon as he heard his friends voice on the other end of the line.

“Sorry.” Bono chuckled. “I’ve been a bit busy. Nice to know I’m missed.”

“This holiday has gone completely arseways.” Edge informed him with a sigh.

“Is everything alright with your family?”

“Yeah, they’re fine. I’m just getting a bit bored, I suppose. Dik’s just busy with his own things, doesn’t have any time to spare and no one else is around either.”

“What do you mean? Where are Adam and Larry?”

“Larry and Alyx have been busy making plans to move into a flat together. Which is fine and good for them, really, but watching them talk about making a home for themselves isn’t exactly what I feel like doing for entertainment.” Edge informed his friend.

“They’re moving in together?” Bono laughed.

“That’s what they say. And Adam isn’t here either. You know him, can’t settle down in one place for too long, always has to be moving. I was thinking I’d come to London for the New Year. You and I could find a party or two to keep us busy.”

“No!” Bono objected, much too strongly. He could practically hear Edge frowning. “I – Ok, look. I’m not actually in London.”

“Where the fuck are you then?”

“Uhhh…”

“Bono!”

“If I tell you where I am, it’s just between you and me, though, alright?” Bono asked, and Edge haltingly agreed to keep his secret. “I’ve been seeing someone for awhile now. I came to New York to spend the holidays with her family and her.”

“Who?” Edge asked, racking his mind for some subtle clues he might’ve overlooked which would’ve told him about his friends secret affair.

“You’re not going to say anything at all about this…”

“Bono!”

“It’s Natalie.” He told his friend quickly, looking around to be sure she wasn’t nearby where she might overhear.

“Bollocks. What’s really going on?” Edge demanded.

“I’m serious.” Bono insisted.

“You and Natalie? For how long?”

“Since the second leg started.”

“You’re full of it.”

“Why is it so hard to believe?” Bono demanded, obviously insulted by his friends disbelief.

“Natalie?” Edge asked, pausing to consider it for a moment. “Why is it a big secret, then?” He asked, and Bono sighed with relief. It was good to be able to discuss this with a friend, finally. He settled back into the easy chair and did his best to explain the situation as it had progressed while Edge listened. Edge, in turn, was glad to have something other than his own loneliness to occupy his mind.

:ohmy: isn't nathalie gonna kill Bono now for telling it :giggle:

Larry sure is fast :lol: well, straight forward you could call it ^^

Can't wait to know Edge's reaction and if Adam's gonna find holly!!

:bow: SG!

Alyx family history is such a sad one. She is so lucky to have a friend like Larry who cares for her.

Wonderful chapter SG:up:

:wave: To all my fanfic sisters!

Back
Top Bottom