Our day in Dublin :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dutch Partygirl said:
It's a nice place. Never been there during the weekend, only on Thursdays and Wednesdays and then it's not that pretentious at all. Heard from other people that it is during the weekend though. Quite an expensive place. And they have two members areas where you're not allowed to go. One is upstairs (so you can't see anybody), one is in the club itself and you can see the people that are there. The music is not really my cup of tea on Thursdays. A lot better on Wednesdays, if you ask me.

So, did you have a chance to say anything to our man??
Details please lady... :wink:

Dutch Partygirl said:

No sorry, I said it wrong. You do have to go up the stairs to get into the club, but in the back of the club is another stair to the Library, the VIP room. When you walk into the club, the part on the left hand side (with the tables) is reserved for members as well.

Oh, yeah, yeah, I know what you mean now. :D

greety said:

So, did you have a chance to say anything to our man??
Details please lady... :wink:

No, I didn't get a chance to speak to him. I was ordering a drink at the bar, close to the entrance of the VIP room. It's quite narrow there, so I felt somebody shoving me. I looked to my left (into the club) and stared straight into his face. He was about 5 metres away from me, but he had to walk towards me and he had to pass me to get to the VIP room. But no, I didn't talk to him. And I didn't wait for him to leave either, because I have to get up REALLY early...

Dutch Partygirl said:

No, I didn't get a chance to speak to him. I was ordering a drink at the bar, close to the entrance of the VIP room. It's quite narrow there, so I felt somebody shoving me. I looked to my left (into the club) and stared straight into his face. He was about 5 metres away from me, but he had to walk towards me and he had to pass me to get to the VIP room. But no, I didn't talk to him. And I didn't wait for him to leave either, because I have to get up REALLY early...

Maybe next time ;)

:keepsfingerscrossed:

Yeah, we'll see. I don't really want to bother him when he's out with his friends... It's already really nice to just see him.

lisa2004 said:
These are the pics Lisa took.. the last two are stunning! I'll have to find a way to cut Dave out.. sorry mate!!!!
Jo.
bonosmile.jpg

bonodave.jpg

omg that firsst one... :drool: he does really look hot in a blue shirt. and the hair! :combust:

and that last one... what a pose :combust: Bono knows what we want! :drool: him...

he looks quite posh in that jacket btw... very :drool: worthy!

Last edited:
Dutch Partygirl said:

was he the one who was shoving?

what do you mean shoving? like in a "come on, move it", kind of a way?

MattFromNYC said:

you never learn do you?
why do you keep asking this kind of 'suggestive' questions? it really gives you an image of trying to find the bad side of him, trying to make him look bad... I don't know if you are intending on doing it, but if not, I just state it.
and how could he be shoving her when he was 5 meters away? (I don't know miles and such... but err it's 16,4 ft)

lisa2004 said:
Hi all! Thanks for the congrats.. we are still in shock.. and OMG!! The pix are on that website.. LOL! Thanks for posting them guys!! I just cant believe what happened yesterday, i didnt even know he was in the country!! I'll never forget that moment i saw him in that car!! Also, my mate Dave is a photographer and took those photos but he's ok, nothing like the devil :) and is a huge U2 fan .. he actually asked Bono if it was ok to take professional photos.. he said it was fine, Dave wouldnt have taken them otherwise.. Looks like the pics could end up in a newspaper tomorrow, .. scary! Me in the News of the world, im dreading it!! And it is a funny story, with the car and stuff.. B found it very funny!
:)
The pictures are taken in different locations right?
What was the order? You were at the Clarence, saw him arrive and get in his car? Did you guys follow him to HQ to take the closeup photos?

lisa2004 said:

"He told us he didnt know where B was and that he was the only one in the country. "

--He's in the car Paul!

"And he said, "there, in the car" and i looked at the car right beside me and he was sat in the drivers seat SINGING!!!"

--Who's car do you suppose he was he driving since HIS car was still at the Clarence?

BorderGirl said:

The pictures are taken in different locations right?
What was the order? You were at the Clarence, saw him arrive and get in his car? Did you guys follow him to HQ to take the closeup photos?

sorry--I just reread you descriptive first post. Thanks!
Also, I tried to post a couple of questions (above) but they got intertwined with your original quote.

Re: Re: Our day in Dublin :)

BorderGirl said:

Bono had someone pick the car up from The Clarence and take it to his house. He drove it back to HQ himself which is where he met him.

Lisa

MattFromNYC said:

No, he wasn't the one shoving me. The area I was in is very narrow, you get shoved quite a lot. It wasn't in a 'come on, move it' kinda way. He came in very relaxed with Guggi and Gavin, didn't have any bouncers or whatever 'clearing' the way for him.

Dutch Partygirl said:

No, he wasn't the one shoving me. The area I was in is very narrow, you get shoved quite a lot. It wasn't in a 'come on, move it' kinda way. He came in very relaxed with Guggi and Gavin, didn't have any bouncers or whatever 'clearing' the way for him.

oh, I was just gonna ask about bodyguards and all lol.
Cool, so he does move around without them, only uses them when they are touring in the country.

I have a overwhelming feeling of jealousy!
OMG I can't believe you actually had a CONVERSATION with him, i would have had the lump-in-the-throat-thingy happening and probably would have babbled like a idiot!:drool:

greety said:

oh, I was just gonna ask about bodyguards and all lol.
Cool, so he does move around without them, only uses them when they are touring in the country.

He didn't have any bodyguards with him on Fri. I guess he uses them for public appearances, like in Germany yesterday or when he's out and about in cities like London/New York/Paris etc.

nikkyjade said:
it would be pretty upsetting for me if he couldnt walk around his hometown without having a bodyguard with him

Yes, I totally agree with you but last june, as they were touring their hometown, I know they did have a posse, and needed it, with such big crowds in town.

nikkyjade said:

yes well i understand that....wouldnt want him being mobbed by all those U2 fans in town :giggle:

well, he hasn't been to the supermarked in a while (Fuse100%U2) because he got mugged by a group of elderly women :lmao: :lmao:
poor B!
and I loved that Posse thingy on CBS, the way he was like I bet you have a posse! that smile:drool:
I love his attitude towards it... really against the hollywood standards thingy... but it did surprise me he and Ali had a bodyguard in NY... usually at appearances Ive never seen them...

Galeongirl said:

well, he hasn't been to the supermarked in a while (Fuse100%U2) because he got mugged by a group of elderly women :lmao: :lmao:
poor B!
and I loved that Posse thingy on CBS, the way he was like I bet you have a posse! that smile:drool:
I love his attitude towards it... really against the hollywood standards thingy... but it did surprise me he and Ali had a bodyguard in NY... usually at appearances Ive never seen them...

he got MUGGED?! and by elderly women!?!?! :lmao:

the strangest things happen to that man :giggle:

so what did they do to classify it as mugging? :shifty:

and do you mean this smile....

Bono60min2.jpg

Bono60min3.jpg

Bono60min5.jpg

nikkyjade said:

he got MUGGED?! and by elderly women!?!?! :lmao:

the strangest things happen to that man :giggle:

so what did they do to classify it as mugging? :shifty:

and do you mean this smile....

Bono60min2.jpg

Bono60min3.jpg

Bono60min5.jpg

guuuuhh yehs:drool: thank you for that... he looks sooo happy :drool:
also, they wacked him with umbrella's and bags... to quote Edge : He got handbagged :lol:

Back
Top Bottom