*OUCH* Bad U2 pun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sherry Darling

New Yorker
Okay, so I'm sittin here posting before church, listening to Fox News talk about how we were evidently thiiiiiiiiisssss close to finding Has-Been Laden, and he's not there.

They went to commerical playing I Still Haven't Found What I'm Lookin For.

::SD grabs Larry's drumsticks:: Da dumb CHING!

SD

------------------
You don't have to be Henry Kissenger to figure out that a more prosperous world is a more secure world; a more educated world is a more tolerant world; and a more healthy world is a more stable world, and I think that would be a fitting memorial to those who lost their lives on Sept. 11th. ~Bono on Leno, Thanksgiving 2001

That's terrible!
eek.gif

But at least U2 has become so popular that their songs are household words!

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

LAMO! That is so bad, but so funny!

Did U2 really give them permission to use the song like that?!

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

I wonder what's gonna happen to you
You wonder what has happened to me

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
LAMO! That is so bad, but so funny!

Did U2 really give them permission to use the song like that?!

Asking permission to use songs is not the FoxNews way! Someone on staff there must have a really demented sense of humor!

*Lobs a rotten tomato at FoxNews, in order that they make no more groaner puns like that*

------------------
...Edge is not of our planet, Larry is a warrior, Adam has seen things that we may never dream of and whatever you do, don't get in a car with Bono.

--Danny Eccleston, from the Elevation tour book

Originally posted by Burning_Azalea:
Asking permission to use songs is not the FoxNews way! Someone on staff there must have a really demented sense of humor!

That is true, cause my Dad watches FoxNews every Sunday and they always play a song by random bands, and I always wondered how (and if) they got the rights to it......

I didn't see when they played "I Still Haven't Found..." but I have seen some other crazy (and sick) ones and I wonder if any of the bands actually know their music is being used in this way....

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

I wonder what's gonna happen to you
You wonder what has happened to me

[This message has been edited by wildhoney22 (edited 12-16-2001).]

OMG! That's terrible! But I'm LMFAO. Fox News is screwed up.

------------------
"The idea is to eroticize the male body instead of the female." - Bono

"Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness.....
To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

Ha! That's sort of funny but still incredibly ridiculous. I think in cases like this you don't have to get permission to use the song. I think the deal is that you can use it if you pay the royalties.

it's pretty obvious these ppl (at foxnews) have no idea about what the song is truly about!
mad.gif

------------------
sunlight, sunlight fills my room
it's sharp and it's clear
but nothing at all like the moon..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

LOL-- sorry if I caused any upset, I should qualify "news" show. It was more like one of those "news-talks" analysis things. Very informal and "hard hitting." (Sure thing, guys, if you say so.) It wasn't pretending to be "real" news. And I have a fine appreciation for bad puns, so...

Want a few more? Warning, these are TOTALLY insensitive and tasteless.

1. One night, I could have SWORN I heard my roommate say she was cooking chicken al queuda.

2. Was wrapping gifts today and mentally heard "Oh Taliban" instead of "O Tannunbaum."

3. (This one thanks to Leno
smile.gif
)
Q. How do you beat Bin Laden at bingo?
A. B-52.

OUCH! Man I watch too much news....

SD

Back
Top Bottom