Other Bands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ikkin

War Child
I was thinking the other day I wonder what other bands U2 fans are into, so I thought I'd ask. List your top 5 or 10 fav bands.. or which ever number you prefer.
Mine:

1. Queen :)shifty: most people die upon hearing this)
2. U2
3. The Sex Pistols
4. System Of A Down
5. Nirvana
6. AC/DC
7. Marilyn Manson
8. Blink 182
9. Metallica
10. Kittie

-Nikki

In no particular order: Devo (yeah... I know), The Specials (or Special AKA, whichever you know them as), The Ramones, The Aquabats, Green Day, Reel Big Fish, Bob Marley, the Rolling Stones, U2 (duh), No Doubt, Jimmy Eat World, Tom Petty (and the HeartBreakers), The Clash, Blondie, the Beastie Boys... a pretty wide spectrum of stuff, I guess you could say. I'm not much of a country fan, though.

Aside from U2, other bands I like include, in no particular order:

1. Crowded House
2. Split Enz (discovering a lot of their stuff right now-trippy little band, they were... But very good, too. Highly recommend 'em)
3. Squeeze
4. Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
5. The Alarm

Those are my big ones, the ones I'm either really into or just really getting into. But some other bands I enjoy are the Talking Heads, XTC, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, the Doors, Led Zeppelin, the Clash, Madness (really liking what I've heard by them so far), the Jam, the Police, the Animals, Franz Ferdinand, and I also like the Finn brothers, Neil and Tim, together as well as solo. The Specials are good, too, though, as are Devo and Blondie and Queen. And Elvis Costello, I like what I've heard by him, too. Just to name a few artists.

So I'm rather a fan of the new wave/Beatle-esque pop-rock/classic rock/oldies/adult alternative genres :).

Angela

My Bands/Artists....

1. Radiohead
2. Sleater-Kinney
3. Arcade Fire
4. Fiona Apple
5. Rilo Kiley
6. Marylin Manson
7. Alanis Morissette
8. Death Cab for Cutie
9. Interpol
10. NIN

I'm in too alot of stuff, but my favs would have to be:

1. U2
2. Pearl Jam
3. Neil Finn/Finn Brothers
4. Crowded House
5. Split Enz
6. The Young Dubliners
7. The Beatles
8. The Doors
9. The Ramones
10. Social Distortain

In no real order, but I've been listening to mostly U2, PJ, and Neil Finn lately.

wait.

there are OTHER bands?

:huh:

;)

10 other bands I like are:

1. R.E.M
2. Royksopp
3. Kings of Convenience
4. Sigur Ros
5. The Cardigans
6. New Order
7. The Mars Volta
8. Frou Frou
9. Metric
10. Tegan and Sara (not technically a band, I guess)

In no particular order my ten favourites include...

1. U2
2. Coldplay
3. The Shins
4. Ben Folds Five
5. Simon & Garfunkel
6. Tori Amos
7. Sarah McLachlan
8. Brandston
9. Dave Matthews Band
10. The Weakerthans

:love:

:hyper:

:shifty:

:silent:

...wow, my taste in music is very different from the majority of the... world. :D

I like Jimmy Buffet. Some people asked me who else I like at the Anaheim concert and I told them this, they laughed and said that is quite the span of music. I like fun and good music.

1. U2
2. The Killers (at the moment, I've been listening to them nonstop, but that will fade evntually and #s 3 and 4 will resume their respective 2 and 3 after U2, as they have been for many, many years)
3. David Gray
4. Indigo Girls
5. Hanz Zimmer stuff
6. Coldplay
7. Bruce Springsteen

Beyond that, it's really a song-by-song basis, but would be The Who, The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Eva Cassidy (hands down, best female vocalist EVER...also but underappreciated, given her shy personality and pretty young death), Alphaville, Depeche Mode, Great Big Sea, Moby, Maroon 5, etc.

Last edited:
What good taste everyone has -- Not that surprising seeing what site I'm on though! :wink:

Here's mine!

1. U2 -- No surprise there.
2. Powderfinger
3. Garbage
4. Bob Dylan
5. Travis

I DO like many more bands/artists than that, but they don't really have time to put them in order. :tongue:

1. U2
2.AC/DC
3. The Killers
4. Grinspoon
5.Greenday
6.Marilyn Manson- not all of his music though
7.The Beatles
8. The Who
9. The Doors
10. Foo Fighters

I'm really into rock, and totally against pop :yuck:

No Specific Order My top Faves:

Radiohead
Bjork
The Clash
Bruce Springsteen
Mars Volta
Bob Dylan
The Police
The Smiths
Beck
Bright Eyes
Elvis Costello

I also love the followng: Manu Chao, Television, Flaming Lips, Travis, Miles Davis, Badly Drawn Boy, At The Drive In, Cafe Tacuba, Pulp, REM, Bjork, Roots, Stone Roses, Tom Waits, Arcade Fire, Billie Holiday, Steely Dan, Marvin Gaye, Pixies, Pj harvey, Bealtes, Nick Drake, Rolling Stones, Daft Punk, The Music, Neutral Milk Hotel, Bowie, Rjd2, Joy Division, Moby, Woody Guthrie, Fela Kuti, Hella, Interpol, Talking Heads

and of course my TOP FAVE of all time:
U2
:wink:
didn't seee that coming, did you?

Last edited:
Everclear, Oleander, Tears For Fears, Dave Matthews Band, Collective Soul, Hall & Oates, The Bigger Lovers, dc Talk, Apollo 440, Third Eye Blind, Weezer, Jimmy Eat World, The Who, Blur, Bush, Joe 90, and E.L.O. :wink: Plus a million others! lol! :D ;)

hhhmmm Good tastes everyone :D

Here's mine

The Who
The Beatles
Oasis
Razorlight
Stereophonics
The Jam
Jet
Queen
David Bowie (he's not a band but he's great anyway)

I know there's lots more... I just can't think of them... I don't listen to many American bands :huh:

Right now...

Oasis
Hum
The Strokes
Superdrag
Teenage Fanclub
Outkast
The Mountain Goats
Coldplay
Neutral Milk Hotel/ Jeff Mangum
Fischerspooner
Olivia Tremor Control

I'll try to control myself and stop at 10 :uhoh:
Okay, 11. :madspit: :wink:

Last edited:
TheWho4Life said:
hhhmmm Good tastes everyone :D

Here's mine

The Who
The Beatles
Oasis
Razorlight
Stereophonics
The Jam
Jet
Queen
David Bowie (he's not a band but he's great anyway)

I know there's lots more... I just can't think of them... I don't listen to many American bands :huh:

I didn't know you like The Jam, I do too!:up: Who, do you have the Jet C.D.? Want me to burn it for you?;)

Cute Irish Bono said:
Tears For Fears

Oh, yeah, I like those guys, too.

Originally posted by Cute Irish Bono
Hall & Oates

Heh, I know a girl at another board I go to who loves those guys :D. They're not bad.

:up: to you and TheWho4Life for liking the Jam, too :). There's lots of good artists being mentioned in this thread-you all have some really good taste.

Angela

Thank you, Moon_light Angel. I like talking to you and I think you have good tastes too.:)

Cute Irish Bono said:
Everclear, Oleander, Tears For Fears, Dave Matthews Band, Collective Soul, Hall & Oates, The Bigger Lovers, dc Talk, Apollo 440, Third Eye Blind, Weezer, Jimmy Eat World, The Who, Blur, Bush, Joe 90, and E.L.O. :wink: Plus a million others! lol! :D ;)

John Fogerty and Muse.

I always feel like I am cheating on U2 when I do this but here it goes..

1. U2

others in no particular order

Pearl Jam
INXS
David Bowie
David Byrne/Talking Heads
Badly Drawn Boy
Coldplay
Dire Straits
Willie Nelson
Black Eyed Peas
Outkast

Thanx Moonlit_Angel I think you have good tastes too :D

And Cute Irish Bono I do have the Jet cd :D Thanx though ;) What cds do you have of other bands I might like??

And The Jam is AWSOME!!!!! LOVE THEM!! And Paul Weller is a god! WOOHOO!! Well to me anyway :wink:

TheWho4Life said:

And Cute Irish Bono I do have the Jet cd :D Thanx though ;) What cds do you have of other bands I might like??

I think you might like Nine Days, Hall & Oates, or Madness. Do you have a Chichago C.D.? John Fogerty's new c.d. or him live?

Back
Top Bottom