Origin of your screen name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leeloo

War Child
After finding out the story behind Niamh's moniker, I was wondering what other fascinating stories are behind the names chosen to represent yourself. Is there an interesting reason you chose your name? Tell why you chose it!

Me- character in the The Fifth Element

Last edited:
Nothing that interesting about mine... "Desire" is one of my favorite U2 songs, and I tried to spice it up a bit by spelling it backwards. :eeklaugh:

So, it did NOT originate from the Mirror of Erised in Harry Potter... I didn't even like Harry Potter at the time I chose my user name, though I like Harry Potter now. :wink:

Back in 2001 the computer was still new and its big monitor box was sitting next to the table it was on. I had kept it to put away some old clothes, and it was about a fourth of the way filled up with clothes when my cat chose it as a nesting spot to have her kittens :cute: :heart: So I was watching the sweet mama cat and kittens in the box when I registered. I am a cat loving person, and I love U2, so it's the perfect name for me!

'cus all I want is to live, love, and feckin' bootleg music! Also, I use this SN everywhere (eBay, gymnastics boards, etc) so I wanted one that's not partial to U2.

I got mine from the French word vert, green, with an e on the end to make it feminine. We use the language of heraldry in my medieval re-enactment society for our coats of arms, and I just decided to use the word for green, plus 76, the year of the centennial of my country.

arw=my initials

9797=a password at a job I had for 6 years. I had to write arw 9797 on everything.

When I signed up here I actually wanted to use my email as my name and use arw9797 as my password but somehow I got that all mixed up. :huh: My email is lemonedge430. Lemon and Edge...pretty obvious. 430 is for my birthday, April 30. It's ok because everyone around here just calls me arw. I guess I'd rather be called that than lemonedge.

First reason:

It's no secret that the stars are falling from the sky - I LOVEd and LOVE this song and especially this line :love:

Tonight the moon is a mirrorball
Light flickers from across the hall
Who'll catch the star when it falls ---- *shiver* my second favourite song and line

Falling falling
The stars are falling down
Falling falling
They knock me to the ground
With a fire
Fire

When the stars fall from the sky
And the moon has turned red
Over One Tree Hill

So these are the reasons connectted with U2 - there is the play with moon and sun during the AB time so I took the stars.

And second reason: A falling star is such a beautiful thing - a star that is just dying and you have the chance to watch it...:cute:

I used to go by the name Mercury in the old Zoo (and some other places), but I eventually got tired of all the Freddie-references (even though it was kind of fun in the beginning...) and everybody else shortend it to Merc anyway, so...
And now, no one can guess that it's short for Mercury, so no one is giving me Freddie-references, and I thought "Oh well, Merc - that's pretty cool... I'll keep that!" :D

... but I did initally choose Merc(ury) because of Freddie*, the chemical element and the roman god :wink:

*) Yes, I was a fanatic Queen-fan once, but I'm certainly not anymore! :reject:

Last edited:
Because I love The Who.... and my old one: tiger_luver64 because I love tigers and the 64 was just a number I put lol... nothing special :wink:

erised said:
"Desire" is one of my favorite U2 songs, and I tried to spice it up a bit by spelling it backwards. :eeklaugh:

:der:...wow, I totally did not notice that until now.

U2Kitten...your story's cute! :D.

I like all these stories! I'd always wondered about a lot of people's s/ns on here, so it's nice to have a thread for it.

My screenname...well, it comes from a misheard lyric in my favorite U2 song. Back when I was just getting into the band, I'd thought Bono was saying, "Moonlight on the avenue" instead of "Blue light on the avenue" in "Angel Of Harlem". So the "Moonlit" part comes from that misheard line, and then the "Angel" part comes from the title of the song, and there you have it. :).

Angela

Gretchen is the diminutive af Margaret, Margaret means pearl, the word pearl is najeena in Arabic. I'm a fool for Arabic music and dance.

:yes:

Thanks Angela :hug: I think Moonlight on the avenue sounds better than blue light anyway :yes: Beautiful name! I thought Angel came from Angela.

This is all interesting! I always wondered about Verte's name, now I know! And I am surprised erised is not for the Mirror of Erised, and I never noticed it was desire backwards! I would have thought the 97 in Arw's name was because she liked Pop :huh: Good stories!

U2Kitten said:
Thanks Angela :hug: I think Moonlight on the avenue sounds better than blue light anyway :yes: Beautiful name! I thought Angel came from Angela.

You're welcome. :hug:. Yeah, I like that line, too, but...*Shrugs*. Oh, well. Still a good song anyway. :). And yeah, the "Angel" is mainly geared toward the song title, but it can double as my nickname, too. After all, that's one reason of many why I love that song. It's nice to find songs out there that have one of my nicknames in the title :D. And hey, I did go through Harlem when I went on that New York City trip in 2001...and I like hearing Bono sing "Angel"...('cause, you know, he's totally singing it to me. LOL. I wish).

Angela

najeena said:
Gretchen is the diminutive af Margaret, Margaret means pearl, the word pearl is najeena in Arabic. I'm a fool for Arabic music and dance.

:yes:
Side note: ...and Margaret is English for Megan and I had a thing for the song Running to Stand Still one week leading to my AIM screen name WhiteGoldenPearl. I know it's white gold and pearls but I changed it a bit. ;)

Back on topic...After insisting on being called Megan for years, I went to college and started introducing myself as Meg instead. My friends started calling me Schmeg during my sophomore year in college and it stuck. Then one of my coworkers started calling me Schmeg a few years later, not knowing my friends at all. We don't work at the same store anymore, but when we see each other at meetings she still calls me Schmeg.

Wow what a cool thread. Nothing really special here. Just my way of representing u2 in St Louis. My little shout out to the guys.

erised I never would have gotten thats how you got your name. I'm to busy trying to pronounce it :laugh:

erised said:
Nothing that interesting about mine... "Desire" is one of my favorite U2 songs, and I tried to spice it up a bit by spelling it backwards. :eeklaugh:

So, it did NOT originate from the Mirror of Erised in Harry Potter... I didn't even like Harry Potter at the time I chose my user name, though I like Harry Potter now. :wink:

:laugh: I never realized that it's the "mirror of desire" when I read the book. :der: It's so obvious too. Harry desires his parents....I always wondered what "erised" meant :huh:

Mine was my first ever username for the Old Zoo...I joined there back in Dec 2001...anyway, a former friend used started to call me Anime Girlie that summer because I love anime, so I thought I can use that...lol...I knocked off anime and added U2 and threw on my HS graduation year which was 2002. :)

voila :D

Spanisheyes is one of my favorite U2 songs and Im Hispanic so I thought it was appropriate for me. 21 is my birth date. When I registered I wanted to use just Spanisheyes but somebody here was already using that name so I added the 21.

my initials...

Before I got married I used to sign everything with the initial of the first name 'F' and my last name until I married someone whose last name was Hart. I am grateful I didn't marry a Huck.

There's no interesting story about my screen name :shrug: When I registered on interference I didn't even have the intention of writing anything (I just wanted to come to PLEBA and see the pics :reject:) so I put the first nickname that came to my mind. I had just read in a forum someone laughing like "tee hee hee" and I found it cute so I decided to use it

I was trying to think of a name for another forum, years ago, when my cat walked in and I started speaking to her in a kind of baby talk(like you do) and so smooshcat was created.

My screen name is the same as my email address and it's my screen name for just about everything.

It comes from my surname - Bampton. A lot of my friends call me bammo. I would just be plain old bammo but my brother gets called Bammo as well and he registered his email account first :mad:

so I get to be called bammo2 :)

I used this name first in Zootopia. I just thought it was a cute pseudonym. :)

I was very pleased when I introduced myself in the Babyface Cafe and most of the people got the joke of my name.

Last edited:
wolfeden -- wolfe's m'last name. hohum.
this is the handle I use on most music forums but pretty much everywhere else I'm volare..

that's been my online name since 1992 and comes from the '70s Chrysler-Plymouth cars which I make a hobby of rebuilding when I get the time... "my first car" was a '77 Aspen and it sort of tumbled from there. *chuckle*

i'm boring. i wanted to use a song title cause it's easy that way...this was one no one has used yet. i like the song and all, but it's certainly not one of my favorites *shrug*

only after i signed up did i realize people think i'm a "boy"...oh well...if you haven't figured it out by now with my 5 thousand and some posts, it's not my problem...

on a side note, i just realized i've been a member here for 2 years. whoa.

Back
Top Bottom