Opening Act Part 13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edge's girl

Acrobat
disclaimer: fiction, every last bit

You know those times when you really wish time would slow down but it speeds up instead? That’s what this past week has been like for me, now I’m too nervous to enjoy the sound check because any minute my mother will grace us with her presence. For the first time I’m actually glad that Edge is out with Bono doing an interview because it’ll delay the time until she meets him.

A crew member jogs up to me, “you have family outside apparently, Beth.”

“Great,” I mutter and Daryl shoots me a sympathetic look as I head out to meet them.

To my relief the twins came as well so they actually display some interest when I’m showing them around backstage. Daryl and Seb come back at the end of sound check arguing about the guitar part for the new song they’ve been working on the past few days.

“Still can’t get it?” I ask.

“Nope,” Daryl says turning to me and Seb makes his escape. “I have the lead part like I want it but Seb can’t get the rhythm part right.”

“And I’m sure his opinion is the exact opposite.”

Daryl rolls his eyes. “Actually he thinks I should tone down the lead part a little so that it matches his rhythm part.”

I’m about to say more but then Bono walks in with Edge trailing after him. “I’m back,” he announces.

“Unfortunately,” Daryl quips before taking a drink from his water bottle. Bono seizes the opportunity and try’s to soak Daryl with the water.

I leap back out of the way and almost run over Paul who’s just walked in behind me.

“Phone call for you upstairs,” he says.

I try to attract Daryls attention to tell him to keep an eye on my mother who is eyeing Edge like a predatory bird but he’s deep into his water fight with Bono. Grimacing I vow top make it a quick phone call.

It’s not to be, ten minutes later I’m dashing back downstairs hoping that I have enough luck that Daryl paid attention after I left. Daryl however isn’t in sight when I get downstairs, just Edge and my mother. The later shoots me a smile, which makes me feel physically ill before ending the conversation and leaving the room.

I close the gap between Edge and I in a few quick strides as he turns to face me.

“So I’m your high-school crush am I?”

“What?” I say not liking the look he’s giving me and wishing I knew what my mother had just told him.

“You’re mother just said how you’d always wanted to date a rock star and I’d been the one you liked all the way through high school.”

“That’s not why I’m dating you,” I tell him vaguely aware of a dripping wet Daryl entering the room behind me.

“Kind of hard to tell from where I’m standing,” he says before turning and walking out.

“Edge…” I say attempting to grab him by the arm.

“Let me have a word with him,” Daryl says pushing past me and jogging out the door after Edge.

I follow not too sure about letting Daryl get involved.

“What the heel is your problem?” I hear him say but don’t quite catch Edge’s reply.

“You don’t even realize how lucky you are to have her do you,” Daryl tells him. “Because I’d love to be in your place.”

I freeze just inside the door out to the parking lot where they’re standing unsure of what I just heard.

“I’ve grown up around her because she’s like a sister to my older brother Jake. It used to drive me crazy ‘cause I could never figure out why he didn’t ask her out, of course I couldn’t, I was just Jakes annoying little brother. Then suddenly years later we’re reintroduced but I’m still Jakes little brother, and since she views Jake like a brother I’m an honorary little brother.

You want to know why I got so bad after Carla dumped me? First off I’d been dating her for a while, but secondly I figured she was kind of the next best thing to being able to date Beth since Beth wont ever look at me as anything other the her little brother especially given how she was looking at you. I could have hated you, easily, especially when I woke in the hospital to be given the news that you two were dating, but I didn’t, I decided to play it cool. The only reason I’ve been able to keep from hating you is because you make her happy.

But that doesn’t mean I’m not envious of you. I wish she’d look at me like she looks at you. Everyone can see how she’s crazy about you, you’d have to be blind not to. Or you’d have to be her mother who wants nothing but Beth to be this perfect kid which doesn’t involve the whole rock and roll thing. I bet she figures that if she can break you two up then Beth’ll be so heartbroken that she’ll quit this and go back to being the kid her mother always wanted her to be. Now I haven’t said anything about how I feel about her ever but you better know that if you do break her heart I will kick the shit out of you.” With that he spins away from Edge and heads back towards the doors and me.

Quickly I spin away from the doors and get out of sight not yet ready to face Daryl or even Edge.
sorry this part was so long. only a couple more part to go though.

Ooo Please do!!! I need my daily dose of Edge fiction...keeps me from going insane from all the school junk:wink:

lol, u should try writing some edge fiction urself, though at a point it becomes it's own brand of insanity :wink:

lol maybe one day I will, when I feel inspired and it's not just a jumble of incoherent ideas.

I've always wondered how in the world some of the fan fics have reached 36 chapters without getting boring and repetitive....

Back
Top Bottom