Opening Act Part 12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edge's girl

Acrobat
dicalaimer: yeah it didn't happen (big surprise :rolleyes: )

Pulling away from Edge I raise the phone to my ear. “Yes?”

“What took you so long to answer?”

“I was busy.”

Daryl sniggers and I glare at him.

“Doing what?”

“None of your business,” I snap feeling irritated. “Now why are you calling?”

“You have such a temper at times,” she replies.

I decide not to answer, I learned a long time ago that it’s not worth it.

When I give no reply she sighs and continues. “I know you have a show coming up next week in Vancouver.”

“Yeah, so?”

“Well your father and I had arranged to go visit the twins where they’re working on the Island and it will give us a chance to spend some time with their kids..."

‘Don’t turn this into a you need to get married and have kids speech’ I think ‘because you know I don’t want kids’.

“So I thought if we were out there already we might as well visit you while you’re in the area since we never get to see you.”

“You look like someone just force-fed you a lemon,” chuckles Daryl.

I glare at him. “I’m hardly there on vacation, mother. I will be working.”

“You can’t be that busy…”

“You don’t know anything about what I’m doing,” I cut her off. “So don’t try to tell me about my job.”

“You seem to have plenty of time for your boyfriend,” she says snidely.

I can feel my anger rising and I’m glad my cell phone is durable because if it wasn’t my death grip would have crushed it. The only reason she wants to see me is because of Edge. “What do you know about that, you’re basing all your knowledge on what you’ve heard through gossip.”

“I’m offended that you don’t want to see your parents.”

“No you’re not, you practically kicked me out of the house when I told you I was quitting my job at the lab to manage Daryl’s band.”

“Haven’t I raised you to be a little more respectful then that?”

‘No” I think fiercely ‘you “raising” me has made me nothing like you’.

“So how would we go about see you then?”

I almost groan out loud, I’m going to be stuck seeing her next week and I hate her for it.

“Come then, and bring the twins, I’m sure they’d enjoy the show.”

Daryls grin disappears.

“Go around to the back entrance and get security to call me down.”

“Where’s the back entrance?”

“The twins should know, they’ve only lived in the area for three years. I’ll see you then mother.” With that I turn off my cell phone.

“Tell me she’s not coming to our next show,” Daryl pleads.

“She’s not coming to our next show. She’s coming to the Vancouver one because my parents are conveniently visiting the twins then.”

“Nooooo, please say no.”

I glare at him. “Next time risk the wrath of the she-devil and turn off my phone!”

That's it for now, next part the meeting between Beth's mother and Edge. feedback always welcome.

ooh poor edge has to meet the gf's dragon mother... can't wait to see how he deals with her!!!!

Back
Top Bottom