One of Edge's children unwell?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IrishThunder

The Fly
Hi,

I just heard something on Irish tv about The Edge's children being unwell, they did not say which child but did mention Morleigh. I assume it is one of his youngest.

Aparently it was confirmed over the weekend the child has leukemia, has anyone heard this.

There is talk of the tour being delayed.

I do hope this is not true but if it is the whole family have my best wishes!

The tour is delayed....with good reason. I've only heard the same as you about the Egde's children.

yeah I just read the u2 news and it has the same details, it is important for the family to be together.

On a good note one of our family friends baby had leukemia and only a month ago she was very unwell, the dr's took her off certain medication and she is now in remission. She was not meant to leave hospital until April but got out just before Christmas.

It is a very treatable illness, and I am sure everything will work out fine. They seem a very close family, and will get through all this together.

I heard it was a family member, it didn't specifically say a child. It could be one of his parents. :( How official was this report? It sounds so sad :sad: I have thought about other rock stars who have lost kids, Robert Plant, Eric Clapton, Vince Neil, and I was thinking how lucky U2 were that all their kids were healthy. I hope this isn't true :sad:

Last edited:
*Hugs Edge* I really hope his child or parents r really ok. My brother has lukemia but now he's also in remission, and he is doing well , once he doesnt over work himself or stresses himself out.

I know everyone here is sincerely concerned, but I think it's irresponsible to speculate on this kind of thing until we know for sure what's going on. It just seems a bit crass, given that Edge has seemingly tried hard to shield his kids from the public eye, and the only reason it's even come up is because of the tour postponement.

IrishThunder said:
yeah I just read the u2 news and it has the same details, it is important for the family to be together.

Nothing is confirmed, again let's not speculate!

TheWho4Life told me that but I didn't wanted to believe it. :sad: This is horrible. I hope everything turns out well and that the child gets healthy soon!! Poor Edge and Morleigh, this must be a horrible time for them. I send them my prayers! :hug:

I just read it. :sad:
I hope this is not true and that his children are ok. :sad: And if it's true I hope that the child gets better soon!
I'll send them my prayers too!! :hug: :hug:

Is there a link to a report you guys are reading, I don't see one. I sure hope it's not true. If it is I hope he knows he has the prayers of millions of U2 fans behind him.

This is all rumor! We don't know who is sick and what they have. How does anyone know it's not one of his parents or a sibling?

On Saturday it had to be his oldest daughter and now because his wife is mentioned it's his youngest daughter? :crazy:

This is all coming from tabloid magazines!!!!

That still doesn't look very official, it's just a message board like this one. But if it is true, poor little thing :sad: :sad:

It's not an official statement, it's a message board. I hope it's not true. If it is, some kinds of leukemia are very treatable and there's hope. Still, it's horrible for anyone to have to go through.

Sorry, I never meant to imply that it was an official statement from U2, only that I had seen that info on different sites. :( Anyway, my prayers are with them.

I hope and pray it isn't true. I lost my father to leukemia, and I wouldn't wish that horrible disease on anyone. My thoughts and prayers and with Edge and his family right now. :(

I'll pray the rosary for Edge and his family, and hope everything is OK. Unfortunately, there's some bitching going on about them having to postpone the tour announcement on Zootopia. It's incredibly selfish and insensitive, and it really pisses me off. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
I bet this isn't true because they only postponed the tour for one month. That's really not very long. If it was something as serious as leukemia, wouldn't they just cancel the tour?

I hope whoever is ill gets well soon and I'll be praying for them.

Rachel D. said:
I bet this isn't true because they only postponed the tour for one month. That's really not very long. If it was something as serious as leukemia, wouldn't they just cancel the tour?

Interestingly, that announcement about the postponement has been taken down from the u2.com website. It's not to be found anywhere. I'm not sure what that means, but I'm guessing they're keeping their options open at this point.

biff said:

Interestingly, that announcement about the postponement has been taken down from the u2.com website. It's not to be found anywhere. I'm not sure what that means, but I'm guessing they're keeping their options open at this point.

The one dated 1/6/05 with Paul McG talking about still working on the routing? I still see that one :confused:

I hope its not true... I've been in tears all weekend and all day today. And I had to give my speech today and almost broke into tears (it wasnt even related to edge lol) I'm goin nuts.... I just want everything to be ok and nothing of this to be happening :(

kellyahern said:

The one dated 1/6/05 with Paul McG talking about still working on the routing? I still see that one :confused:

That's weird. It was gone, and now it's back. :shrug:

Let's hope we hear something more definite soon. The rumours are very bad and very unsettling. A short, specific announcement from their camp would stop the rumours and give them some privacy. You just know that right at this moment, dozens of reporters are sniffing around trying to get the story. A brief statement from McGuinness would surely put an end to that. Yes, the public does not have a "right" to know what's going on, but human nature is human nature, and the tabloids are what they are (Yuck!). It's a sad business.:(

Back
Top Bottom