One campaign bracalet helps me make a new friend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Russty Cat

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I was at a meeting of my local quilt guild last night. Feeling pretty down, because my two friends weren't there. It was our holiday party and I was thinking about leaving, cuz no one really seemed to be noticing me. I decided to get a cup of coffee and this gal came in and smiled at me. I told her that I loved her coat. We started talking and I ended up sitting with her.

After a few minutes I took my coat off and put my arm up on the table. She looked at me and pointed to my bracalet and said "One campaign?!" I said YES!!! Then she really shocked me by telling me she saw the boys in concert back during the Joshua Tree tour. I was like oh you and me are going to be good friends! :lol: I showed her my OOTS tattoo and she thought it was so cool.

So thanks to wearing the bracalet I have a new friend and when other ladies heard us talking at the table I explained all about the One campaign and what they needed to do to get involved. :heart:

:ohmy: You have an OOTS tattoo? what does it look like? ... i'm interested in getting another one :)

I have a tattoo of fireworks and the eiffel tower with the lyrics "and you can dream so dream out loud" :wink: I had to incorporate U2 in there some how, haha.

oh and yay for spreading the word! :)

U2bpbear your tattoo sounds cool! I would love to see pictures of it.

6379da5d.jpg

Here is a shot of my OOTS tattoo the night it was done. its a screen capture from the video. Something just spoke to me with the song and the video so a tattoo just seemed like a great idea. It was my 30 birthday present to myself. :D

The other U2-esque tattoo I have is a Angus Young Gibson SG guitar with wings that were taken from one of Edges t-shirts.

:hug: to all of ya. Its definetly one of the great things about U2 the bring people together.

:up: That is one cool tat! I love it! Wouldn't mind having one myself, I've been thinking about another one for myself....

And on the topic of the One bracelets, I have made several friends by mine being noticed and I give them away, I bought a bunch of them and usually have a few with me all the time. They are great conversation pieces.

Back
Top Bottom