OMG, what have I done???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flaming june

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I have such a bad headache! Here's the story. We're closing the month at work, it means working extra hours without taking many breaks... so at the end of the day, my co-workers and I were in sort of a silly mood. We started talking about the vice-president of administration, who has a funny voice and talks really fast.

We had just seen him leave the building, so I had the great idea of calling his extension just to hear his message and laugh about it. There we were, listening to the message on the speaker, laughing our asses out about it, mocking him, you name it... and I had forgotten to hang up, it was all recorded!!! I don't know what to do!

:( :no: :huh:

Last edited:
flaming june said:
I have such a bad headache! Here's the story. We're closing the month at work, it means working extra hours without taking many breaks... so at the end of the day, my co-workers and I were in sort of a silly mood. We started talking about the vice-president of administration, who has a funny voice and talks really fast.

We had just seen him leave the building, so I had the great idea of calling his extension just to hear his message and laugh about it. There we were, listening to the message on the speaker, laughing our asses out about it, mocking him, you name it... and I had forgotten to hang up, it was all recorded!!! I don't know what to do!

:( :no: :huh:

oops!!!!!!!!! sounds like something that i would have and have done. instead i did that with a client. i thought i had him on hold, and instead i hit the speaker phone and yelled "WHAT A FUCKING ASSHOLE!"...than i saw the speaker button light on and about wet my pants! :eeklaugh: i survived! i also made fun of a high school teacher when i was in 10th grade. I made fun of her clothes and her hair and pranced around the classroom. I had my classmates laughing and than it got quite. I turned around and saw my teacher standing there. She gave me detention. lmfao.

i thought it over, and my best advice is run for the hills....hopefully you can avoid all things with this person...or something......

Thanks guys... I'm trying to picture the worst case scenario... I don't think they would fire me about something like this, so it will probably be just having him call me up to his office and ask me what was that all about. I'll say I'm sorry and voila. It will probably be worse if he doesn't say anything about it...

wel, he could do several things..fire you (highly unlikely), confront you about it (in which case just apologize) or he may just dismiss it..remember this guy's a boss, he has to know people talk behind his back.

either way don't worry hon, just ride it out.

good luck!:)

Um... exuse me sir... but I belive... you have my... stapler...

Damn, I wish this was Monday... wait... this happened on Monday...

"Looks like someones got a case of the Mooooondays!"

Aaaah, Office Space. I can never get enough of that movie. :wink:

Wow...that's pretty bad...I hope all works out!!!

I hate answering machines and voice mail...you say something stupid, and you're stuck. Whenever I talk to a family member or to drgn, I always end my calls with "I love you!"...sometimes I get confused though...I was leaving a voicemail for my boss, and I said, "I love you!" I realized what I said and said, "Wait no I don't!", but then that sounded mean so I just said, "See you tomorrow!" and hung up. D'oh................

If I were you, I'd head it off at the pass. Tell him about it and how it was all a big joke and hahahaha isn't that funny? etc. Tell him you were playing a prank on him or something. Mebbe he will believe you. :huh:

Good luck.

Oh my goodness FJ! I can only suggest you come clean right away :lol:

I had something similar happen to me about 12 years ago. I was having a problem with one of the investigators I worked with and was looking for a way to get back at him for blabbing to our boss about something I did (can't remember what now). Anyway, he called the office one morning to tell me that he accidentally took his wife's pager and she took his so if I need to find him, I could page him at his wife's number.

I don't know what made me to do this, but I called his pager (knowing his wife had it) and put in the number of a massage parlor.

I thought it was funny until the next day when he came in and told me that his wife had moved out and they were getting a separation. I didn't know they were already having problems and my little "joke" was the last straw for his wife. I felt so bad but I never told him it was me who did it.

Just say "Oops! It seems like there was a screw-up around here recently but we didn't mean anything by it." That's what I'd do.

Re: Um... exuse me sir... but I belive... you have my... stapler...

BrattyIrishPunk said:
Damn, I wish this was Monday... wait... this happened on Monday...

"Looks like someones got a case of the Mooooondays!"

Aaaah, Office Space. I can never get enough of that movie. :wink:

LMFAO! LOVE THAT MOVIE! :)

"Where's my stapler?"

Probably my favorite scene, though, is when they take the copier out to the field and completely destroy it! :D I have felt like that many times :)

Re: Re: Um... exuse me sir... but I belive... you have my... stapler...

stephannv said:

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAH! That movie is great!!!
Ummmmmmmmmmm YEAhhhhhhhhhhhhh

BWAHAHAHAH:laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol:

Wuhahaha I used to have Milton as my buddyicon on AIM:evil:

I SURVIVED! My, beautiful, wonderful, funny, amazing boss helped me out of the mess! I'm not in love with him, don't get me wrong, but I LOVE him!

This morning was torture... the guy I left the message to usually arrives to his office very early, but no, not today... I just wanted him to get there quickly and get it over with, but he got there almost at lunchtime... so I went to have lunch and I could barely eat because I was so worried.

Well, as soon as I arrived from lunch, my boss comes up to me with this really worried look on his face, and my heart sank because he never looks worried, ever! So he starts telling me that the VP had called him up to his office and played the message out for him and had asked him if he knew anything about it. He said he didn't, and the VP said he was really upset and that he was considering his next step, but right now things didn't look too good for me and another co-worker whose voice he had recognized from the recording.

I was about to start crying when he started laughing, saying he was joking. He had gone up to the guys office and told him that it was all a joke he had come up with and asked us to help with. Since they are kind of good friends, the guy just laughed about it and didn't give it too much importance.

I was embarrased and trying to avoid him for most of the day, but it wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be. So there!

Thanks for all the anecdotes and support, it really made me feel better.

Bonochick, you make me laugh. "I love you... no I don't" :lol:

And Office Space, I just love that movie, and the copier part is one of my favorites too! Other part I like "You seem to have been missing a lot of work lately" "Wouldn't say I've been missing it!" :tongue:

Bonochick said:
I hate answering machines and voice mail...you say something stupid, and you're stuck. Whenever I talk to a family member or to drgn, I always end my calls with "I love you!"...sometimes I get confused though...I was leaving a voicemail for my boss, and I said, "I love you!" I realized what I said and said, "Wait no I don't!", but then that sounded mean so I just said, "See you tomorrow!" and hung up. D'oh................

I'm in tears reading this. ROFLMAO! :lol:

Your poor boss - I hope he/she has a good sense of humor. :D

doctorwho said:

I'm in tears reading this. ROFLMAO! :lol:

Your poor boss - I hope he/she has a good sense of humor. :D

I saw him the next day and said, "Hey, about that message I left you...", and he said something like, "A little confused, were you? Am I really workin' ya THAT hard??" *lol* :D

Ana I'm glad everything worked out for you!!!!!

If it were me, I'd be in big trouble....

It always seems like when I feel like slackin off or doing something wrong I always get caught......however other people can do it and it seems okay :(

[/work rant]

Back
Top Bottom