OMG!!! U2 IS ON THE TELETHON!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS THEY'RE ON!!!!!!

RIGHT AFTER BRUCE!!!!!

THE SECOND ACT ON THE ENTIRE PROGRAM!!!!!

eek.gif
eek.gif

THEY'RE PLAYING PEACE ON EARTH AND WALK ON!!!!!! WOO HOOO!!! THIS IS THE BEST DAY I'VE HAD ALL WEEK!!!!!!!!11

U2SJ, if you're in Mountain or Pacific time, you'll get it 'tape delayed' but this telethon ROCKS! They've had some AWESOME acts on this thing: Bruce, U2, Neil Young, Billy Joel, Enrique, and two wonderful young women who sang like angels but I have no idea who they are! (showing my age, sorry). Oh, and I think it was Limp Bizkit that played Pink Floyd's "Wish You were Here"? Whoever it was, they were GREAT as well. You guys will enjoy it...Hope they release this telethon on CD (which, I'm assuming they will - it'll definitely make big bucks!).

Happy viewing!
smile.gif

Disco

YAY! I'm glad they were on because they have beautiful and really appropriate songs for the occasion!

------------------
"The goal is elevation"

Wow...
This show was worth is just for U2 and...
Did you just see Eddie Vedder with Neil Young?
Oh god that Eddie is so f***ing hot!!!
eek.gif

Woohoo!!
And I love the fact that Bono didn't wear shades...what a beautiful man!!!
Hugs,
Rani

Bono and Bruce on the same show??? Are they trying to kill me????????

Seriously, some amazing performances. Billy was terrific and New York State of Mind, of course, was a perfect choice.

Bruce's grief and raaaaaaaaggggee were brutal and fierce and powerful. White hot performance. Sheer emotion.

Bono was great-- boys thanks for joining us. "Hello from London"-- that was perfect. I felt like a got a hug from a friend across the ocean. Can we say solidarity? I also loved how he started Peace on Earth and then went into Walk On as if to say, "Enough despair and mourning, rebuild! walk on!" They sounded right on, flawless as always. Is it me or do they actually sound BETTER live??

Come on RISE UP my city of ruins!

Cheryl

That performance was great!! I only saw part of it though, because I coincidently switched it onto VH1 exactly when U2 was on. I live on the west coast, so it will com on again at 9:00!

I just donated money also...I think we should all think about doing that. I mean, that IS the point of the telethon!

I was hoping a celebrity would answer the phone. *Brad Pitt perhaps!!*
smile.gif

AMAZING!!

Bruce, Bon Jovi, Eddie Vedder, Limp Bizkit(yeah i like them) Wyclef, Alicia Keys, Mariah Carey(yeah i like her too) and of course...

U2!!
It was perfect.
smile.gif

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"Irish people are like Texans" -Bono, 4-3-01

What would Jesus Not do?

Originally posted by Niamh_Saoirse:
I have a question for all of you guys: Was Morleigh doing the backing vocals next to Natalie Imbruglia or was it just my imagination?

*Flavia*

That woman did look an awful lot like her...I wonder. Now that we have the 2nd guitarist thing straightened out, we have a new puzzle to solve. lol

Great performance, guys!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Enough of this video bullshit, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry

~April

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

I missed the show last nite - too late
frown.gif
but I just saw that they are going to repeat the show tonite. Thank you!!! I?m getting the tape ready straight away.

So the show was great, yeah? What else was good?

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

smile.gif

I taped the "What's Going On" vid and then the whole telethon thing for my friend Mary. I watched U2's peformance thrice.
smile.gif

I loved the version of Walk On they did .Also -- "I'm sick of hearing again and again that there's never gonna be peace on earth"
smile.gif

*Bono strums guitar with exceptionally long sleeve*

The whole 'hallelujah' thing was nice. You could tell Bono was really into it. I got kinda emotional once they started Walk On and I started actually crying as soon as Bono was saying "I'll see you when I get home" who was he talking to? His family or maybe his daddy? aaaawwww

I was a slobbering blubbering fool and my mom was like "Are they gonna show the guitar guy again?!" Lol she's in love with Edgey.

------------------
~*Mona*~
Bono Representative of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"There are groups at the top of the charts that are hailed as the saviors of rock 'n' roll...but they are amateurs. They don't know where the music comes from." ~Bob Dylan~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."~U2~

Originally posted by WildHonee:

I got kinda emotional once they started Walk On and I started actually crying as soon as Bono was saying "I'll see you when I get home" who was he talking to? His family or maybe his daddy? aaaawwww

WildHonee~ I was wondering the same thing too...I think he says: "Sister, I'll see you when I get home". His long lost sister?
confused.gif

After about the first few lines of Walk On, I cried too. You're not alone! It was such an emotional performance.

bluesky

His sister? Hm I didn't catch that. Bono, I'll be your sister!!! *swoons at Bono playing guitar*

I thought maybe his family b/c they were taping it in London, so...y'know

Or his daddy...like about dying. I dunno.

Bono stressed -- "WE'VE GOT TO LEAVE IT BEHIND"
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~

"There are groups at the top of the charts that are hailed as the saviors of rock 'n' roll...but they are amateurs. They don't know where the music comes from." ~Bob Dylan~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."~U2~

Originally posted by valvenus8:
no they didn't sing it, the song was used in a video which showed scenes of everything that has happened(they cut some parts of the song though)

It was BRILLIANT that they used One.
smile.gif
I couldn't take my eyes off the screen during that segment.

mmmm I'm eating Pop Rocks right now on a break from my college resume. bleeehhh

P.S. During the One segment literally 3 of my friends called to ask me if it was U2. "It sounds like...y'know...that hairy Irish guy?" Lol I was mortified I guess I've made them listen to enough songs where they know Bono's voice. but they were all excited to know YES it was U2!!!!! They all liked the song.
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~

They only played the studio version of One while news footage played, it wasn't U2 live.

I was very impressed by the show! What a performance! Bono was beautiful, he reminded me of the ONE video sitting at the table, soft, touchable hair and no shades! YUM!
smile.gif

------------------
*many dreams come true, and some have silver linings. I live for my dream, and a pocketfull of gold*
-Led Zeppelin

Originally posted by Niamh_Saoirse:
Yup.....It was Morleigh.....No doubt about it.....

Lucky girl....talented and married to Edge.

*sighs*

PS-I forgot, a gorgeous head of hair to boot. lol

------------------
"Enough of this video bullshit, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry

~April

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:

That woman did look an awful lot like her...I wonder. Now that we have the 2nd guitarist thing straightened out, we have a new puzzle to solve. lol

Great performance, guys!!!
biggrin.gif

So who was the 2nd guitarist? Over in EYKIW, people suggested Ringo Starr, Eric Clapton, Cat Stevens, Dave Stewart, and some others, so did they ever figure out who it was for sure?
confused.gif

Originally posted by Giant Lemon:

So who was the 2nd guitarist?

it was dave stewart, on natalie's site she said something along the lines of 'bono asked dave and I to play with U2' ****.com has more info(that's where I got it from)

ok why did the thing post ****?

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"Irish people are like Texans" -Bono, 4-3-01

What would Jesus Not do?

[This message has been edited by valvenus8 (edited 09-22-2001).]

I think this may have two meanings, like a lot of Bono's lyrics. When he says "sister, see you when I get home, he may mean his own home in Ireland, and he's referred to Ali as his "sister" in some lyrics. Also the term "home" is the term for Heaven used by many Christians, as the Bible tells us that the earth is not our home, we're just here visiting and home--our REAL home--is in Heaven with God.

smile.gif

Originally posted by bluesky:
Originally posted by WildHonee:

I got kinda emotional once they started Walk On and I started actually crying as soon as Bono was saying "I'll see you when I get home" who was he talking to? His family or maybe his daddy? aaaawwww

WildHonee~ I was wondering the same thing too...I think he says: "Sister, I'll see you when I get home". His long lost sister?
confused.gif

After about the first few lines of Walk On, I cried too. You're not alone! It was such an emotional performance.

bluesky

Originally posted by poptart2001:
DID SOMEONE SAY THEY SANG ONE AS WELL IF THEY DID I DIDNT CATCH IT :-(

no they didn't sing it, the song was used in a video which showed scenes of everything that has happened(they cut some parts of the song though)

The telethon was great! I watched it last night here in australia. It was good to see U2 perform live... considering we wont get to see them down here...
frown.gif

when bono was looking directly into the camera it felt like he was looking right at you! did anybody else think that or was it just me ??

------------------
'well...2 years and finally we make it down the end of the yellow brick road to sydney australia...' Bono Zoo TV

Originally posted by Discoteque:
he's referred to Ali as his "sister" in some lyrics.

aaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww o wait that's creepy. like star wars. luke and leia ok if she's his sis then he's up for grabs!!!! *grab*

------------------
~*Mona*~

Back
Top Bottom