OMG.. the 26/12 Joshua Tree concert!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevatedmole

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Okay -- my mom was in this new and used CD store and they had this double album called U2 Xmas At the Point Depot. And inside is two CDs with the live songs in order they were played in. So, essentially, a bootleg. Anywaaay, I LOVE the song, All I Want is You, and on the CD they play it, and it is SO GOOD. And it's fantastic quality!
biggrin.gif
The greatest part of the performance is during the middle of All I Want Is You, he starts singing in this.. well, incredibly sexy way, Marvin Gaye's Sexual Healing.
So you know what that means -- get onto whatever mp3 program you use, and FIND THE MP3 OF THAT CONCERT!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
during the middle of All I Want Is You, he starts singing in this.. well, incredibly sexy way, Marvin Gaye's Sexual Healing.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*heart attack*

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

"Bono was embraced as rock's latest mystic leader, a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

"I used to gaze out my classroom window and dream And then go home and listen to Ray sing "I believe to my soul" after school" ~Van Morrison~

Thanks for letting us know Elevated Mole. I am going to try to find that song!! I am sure that he sounds super sexy (doesn't he always)

BTW, Your mom rocks!!!

Yeah my mom's like OO ROD STEWART!

*hides* Well *credit* To Mr. Stewart for the whole "people get ready" thing but that was mainly Mr. Beck. SO THERE. anyway...

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

"Bono was embraced as rock's latest mystic leader, a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

"I used to gaze out my classroom window and dream And then go home and listen to Ray sing "I believe to my soul" after school" ~Van Morrison~

Originally posted by spinninghead77:

BTW, Your mom rocks!!!

(Listening to it right now.. EEEEEE.. Hurry and find it NOW!)
LOL, my mom is a huge U2 fan.
biggrin.gif
She is the one to thank for letting me stand in GA lines ALL day, doing insane midnight to 4 AM driving JUST to get to yet another concert, taking pictures of Bono fumbling with his belt, etc.
wink.gif
She is totally crazy over Bono as well -- she has been a fan since The Unforgettable Fire came out.
biggrin.gif
(And she LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED Live Aid.. and she said she always got so excited when the parts with Bono came on
biggrin.gif
)
Anyway.. the whole concert is fabulous, his voice is wonderful and deep, and he sings every song perfectly.
biggrin.gif

------------------

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

OMG.. as well as looking for All I Want Is You, look for Where The Streets Have No Name from that concert too! It's one of the best live versions I've ever heard.. and there are a few noises near the end, shall we say, that belong in the Bono Noises mix.
wink.gif

------------------

What a find! Why can't I ever have luck like that?

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

Back
Top Bottom