OMG! Met Bono and Adam after SNL!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
Holy crap! I don't know how to even put all this into words :hyper: :hyper: Last night youtwohearts and I went into the city and hung around in the pouring rain and tried every route, including bribery to get tickets for SNL. We met some cool people and all just hoped for the best......Fast forward hours later- It's now 2 AM SNL ends at 1:00 and at this point I thought for a minute that they had left except that security has removed the barricades outside and no one has seen any of the boys leave :hmm:. I kept asking security if they left and they were telling us that they would most likely leave through the basement entrance out the garage... This was behind us and we had checked it out before however, this time was different!! We walk over where there were some people and low and behold out of the garage are 2 cars and a van!! Out of the first car comes Adam literally getting out to meet the fans and sign pictures, etc. :ohmy: I couldn't believe he got out I was shocked at how cool that was! I decided to wait before going to him I needed to get to Bono first !:wink: Behind him in the van is Bono and Ali really mobbed however being petite pays off at times I'll tell ya! I make my way all the way to his window and just died. I gave him my Best Of Propaganda book that he signed and told him how amazing the new album is! Continued..........................

Ali was with him looking great I might add! At this point I go to Adam who is the nicest guy ever he was really :cool: He also signed my Propaganda! Here comes my fave part...I grab youtwohearts and we get our way back to Bono, she had her war album on vinyl that he signed and then he recognized me again and said "Hi bubblegum" b/c I was chewing gum, can't believe he noticed lol! I said Bono I've waited 20 years for a picture can I please take one?? Ali pointed at me and said something to him (she was sooo nice) and he said 'sure' I press up against the window next to him (he was in the van never got out) and there it was my magic moment I've waited for ! just for a picture atleast I thought until he grabbed my hand and kissed it! :faint: **Hyperventalates** Youtwohearts said it was her birthday she needed a pic too and she poses next to him while I just stare in disbelief and she screams ' take the picture' :lol: I spaced out ! Now it's the next morning I haven't slept a wink and were praying that the pictures come out!!! It figures the one night I look like crap and I've been standing in the rain exhausted I get my photo :grumpy:

Last edited:
I'm so glad! I can't wait to hear from youtwohearts, I know how much she wanted this!

greety said:
congrats on meeting them.

it doesn't matter how you looked, it's the momentum you'll never forget :wink:

True, but she got the film back and said I won't be happy! Not a good sign :( It's because I was pressed up against the car so I look like a big head lol!

Wow! Congrats to the 2 of you!!! So happy. You didn't by chance ask about Monday, did you :wink:

:hyper: :hyper:

:hyper: OMG OMG OMG!!!! I am soooooo happy for you guys!!! Especially after you spent all that time this past week trying to win tickets from KROQ - it TOTALLY makes up for that, IMO. :up:
It's so funny - we watched the show at a friend's home (painful to sit through, by the way. how far SNL has fallen :| ) & the minute those bastards at NBC cut away after IWF was finished, I told my husband we HAD to get home ASAP 'cause I needed to get online & find out if anyone had a live report. He looked at me like I had three heads, so I told him, "I'm serious! Two girls come to mind right off hand. They live in NY & were going to go to the studio to try & get tickets or meet the band!" So he conceded & we came home. :lol:

I didn't see anything from you last night & just assumed you'd had no luck. Now I can tell my hubby why stalking pays off!!! (joke joke joke)

CONGRATS AGAIN!!! (As always, I'm sooooo jealous.)

:heart: :bono: :edge: :larry: :adam: :heart:

Last edited:
OK, the pics are not great it freakin figures :mad: my head is tilted so back you are literally looking at my neck! :scream: youtwohearts is posting them. I can't believe I'm letting her put mine up it's soo bad but the bottom line is it's him and me!

:reject:

Okay now for my side. First of all One4U2 takes off and I am talking to my sister whom I immediately hang up on. I go to run across the street looking at Adam getting out of the car forgetting to look to the left and make sure no cars are coming. After almost being hit by a cab I arrive to Adam. There were a couple of people there at this point so I tried to move behind him and I started closing the door to the car. NO NO said the body guard. Well Adam turned to me and I said OH MY GOD. No one else was there, just me and him. I told him I loved the new album and he said Thankyou and I said No thank you. He said have a good night and I said you too. For the first time I didn't say no pun intended.

On to Bono. I got behind the mob. And must have said a million times it is my birthday. Other people we meet were trying to hand my War album to Bono and I kept saying NO I NEED TO SEE HIM. Somehow or other I pushed people away. Said hello to Ali and told her she looks terrific, and she did. She sat and smiled at all the fans it was really nice. Anyway I got up to him and he signed my album. Then he kissed One4U2's hand and I said NO, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY so he held my hand also.:faint: :combust:. She got her picture and I got mine.

I will post them later but my scanner is disconnected and my husband needs to fix it. They aren't great but they are pictures of US and BONO and that was all I needed.

Here are the pictures, don't laugh.

bonoandme.jpg

That's me youtwohearts :)

bonoandheather.jpg

and One4U2 :)

Last edited:
youtwohearts said:
Here are the pictures, don't laugh.

bonoandme.jpg

That's me youtwohearts :)

bonoandheather.jpg

and One4U2 :)

OK you guys have to have some pity for that shot :reject: I always said if I get a pic with him I'll look like crap and low and behold it dosn't get worse than that :yikes:

WAS ANYONE HERE THERE WITH US THAT PERHAPS HAS A BETTER SHOT??? or any other pics of us???? Someone was taking pictures at the same time , please let me know if you do! **Begs**

Youtwohearts that is one happy smile:) But you can no longer be my soulmate since you have met Bono :scream: Congrats just the same :hug:

one4u2, I'm not laughing, but that pic looks like Bono is holding you hostage as a human shield with a gun to you going 'gimme what I want and no one gets hurt" ;) Even the expressions on your face look like this. But it's not a bad pic! And you're with BONO so who cares about anything else? :)

U2Kitten said:
Youtwohearts that is one happy smile:) But you can no longer be my soulmate since you have met Bono :scream: Congrats just the same :hug:

one4u2, I'm not laughing, but that pic looks like Bono is holding you hostage as a human shield with a gun to you going 'gimme what I want and no one gets hurt" ;) Even the expressions on your face look like this. But it's not a bad pic! And you're with BONO so who cares about anything else? :)

:lmao: :hug:

Nice one!!:wink:

Congrats to you both on your special Bono and Adam moment!!

I'm still floating and I bet you both are??:wink:

Guys - the pictures are great - I think you both look good and lets face it - Bono is in the freakin' picture
I'd rather look ugly in a photograph (wink wink) and be standing next to Bono than looking hot standing next, well, lets say Dick Cheney :wink:

Congrats ladies - thank you for sharing the pictures with us

U2Kitten said:

:sad: no more soulmates? Could you tell I was happy? However I must say I have a new fondness for Adam Clayton. He was really cool. I am sorry I didn't get a picture but there was no one to ask.

When I described the picture to One4U2 I told her it looks like Bono is pulling her by the hair ready to slit her neck with a knife. I like your description better.

nurse chrissi said:
Guys - the pictures are great - I think you both look good and lets face it - Bono is in the freakin' picture
I'd rather look ugly in a photograph (wink wink) and be standing next to Bono than looking hot standing next, well, lets say Dick Cheney :wink:

Congrats ladies - thank you for sharing the pictures with us

**Stops crying** You know it's bad when your own mother says 'oohh' :sad: but yes it is Bono and it makes me laugh because I've always said when the day comes and I get my pic I bet I'll look like crap, but that is just a horrible chin nostril shot... Oh well, just a warm up...

Okay so we still have work to do in the picture department. I'm not planning on giving up, are you? I didn't think so.

I am happy with mine anyway. It is me and Bono how could it be bad. I usually looked washed out in pictures anyway and afterall it was 2:00am and we stood out in the pouring rain for hours.

Back
Top Bottom