OMG! Larry does pose for pics! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-05-2004, 10:37 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Niamh_Saoirse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 8,657
Local Time: 10:38 AM
OMG! Larry does pose for pics!

A miracle, isn't it?







__________________

Niamh_Saoirse is offline  
Old 04-05-2004, 10:43 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 17,927
Local Time: 08:38 AM


I hope Emilie will be so lucky today!
__________________

U2Kitten is offline  
Old 04-05-2004, 11:02 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Mullen-Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Antonio/Austin, TX
Posts: 4,951
Local Time: 08:38 AM
He looks thrilled LOL
Mullen-Girl is offline  
Old 04-05-2004, 12:50 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 26,603
Local Time: 09:38 AM
He looks good, especially in that second one
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 04-05-2004, 05:26 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
TheWho4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Underneath the Sky
Posts: 3,741
Local Time: 09:38 AM
Why doesnt he smile.... he would look a lot better
TheWho4Life is offline  
Old 04-05-2004, 05:34 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
flaming june's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: My room
Posts: 5,333
Local Time: 10:38 AM
Wow, that 2nd pic is my new fave...
flaming june is offline  
Old 04-05-2004, 10:07 PM   #7
Refugee
 
moon_is_playing_tricks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Belmont Shore, CA (I prefer flying a kite at the beach, really.)
Posts: 2,204
Local Time: 06:38 AM

maybe I'm just being goofy, but I don't know about Larry actually being present for those pics... he looks like he's been photoshopped. Or maybe I just need to get new glasses.

Moonie
moon_is_playing_tricks is offline  
Old 04-05-2004, 10:16 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
erised's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Shaking her arse to "Vertigo"!!!
Posts: 4,650
Local Time: 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by moon_is_playing_tricks
maybe I'm just being goofy, but I don't know about Larry actually being present for those pics... he looks like he's been photoshopped. Or maybe I just need to get new glasses.

Moonie
You know, I was thinking the exact same thing, especially for that second pic, but I didn't want to say anything

But I found the site the pics were taken from, and the guy in the photos is the guy who won that MTV contest during the ZooTV tour...he has many pics of himself and the guys on his site...so then I was thinking they're real, and that Larry probably posed with the dude because he was the guy from the MTV contest
erised is offline  
Old 04-05-2004, 10:46 PM   #9
Refugee
 
moon_is_playing_tricks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Belmont Shore, CA (I prefer flying a kite at the beach, really.)
Posts: 2,204
Local Time: 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by erised


You know, I was thinking the exact same thing, especially for that second pic, but I didn't want to say anything

But I found the site the pics were taken from, and the guy in the photos is the guy who won that MTV contest during the ZooTV tour...he has many pics of himself and the guys on his site...so then I was thinking they're real, and that Larry probably posed with the dude because he was the guy from the MTV contest
hmmm.... I'm thinking along the same lines you are... but then I started to really study the pics.

Here's Analytical Moonie's observations:

since I know Larry's outfits well enough (freak! freak!), I'd have to say that last pic was taken during the Elevation Tour. And, if you look at Larry's hair in the second pic, it's definitely ZooTV era. Hrm. And the first one, that looks about the time Elevation came out.

Also, maybe I'm just odd... but I've *never* seen a pic of Larry outside the studios like that. He's made it pretty dang clear that he doesn't take pics with fans outside the studio like Bono, Edge, and Adam do - he obliges during the tours because that's his "job."

In the first two pics, the guy is towering over Larry. In the third, he's not. Did he bend his knees like I did when I took my pic with Larry? I dunno.

Another thing that's bothering me is Larry's left shoulder/arm in the last pic. His shoulder's been chopped off... kinda.

I vote photoshopped. sorry ladies. I hope I didn't rain on anyone's parade.

Moonie
moon_is_playing_tricks is offline  
Old 04-05-2004, 11:10 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
erised's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Shaking her arse to "Vertigo"!!!
Posts: 4,650
Local Time: 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by moon_is_playing_tricks

In the first two pics, the guy is towering over Larry. In the third, he's not. Did he bend his knees like I did when I took my pic with Larry? I dunno.
I noticed that too!

Well, if anyone wants to check out the site where the pics came from, they can find it here. Most of the pics are on the "about me" page.
erised is offline  
Old 04-05-2004, 11:19 PM   #11
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 08:38 AM
I looked and I'm not sure. It seems odd though that in some pictures he's taller than the guys and some he's the same height. Our boys are all pretty much all the same height, give or take a few inches. Sure the guy in the picture could be bending his knees to be closer to the height of the band member but I just think it's odd that he's towering over them in some and the same height in others. The one of Larry outside of the studio (the second one) defintely looks funny. ( as I'm rereading this I see that moonie said the same thing about bending his knees.... I guess maybe I should read what other people write!)
__________________
arw is offline  
Old 04-05-2004, 11:20 PM   #12
Refugee
 
moon_is_playing_tricks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Belmont Shore, CA (I prefer flying a kite at the beach, really.)
Posts: 2,204
Local Time: 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by erised


I noticed that too!

Well, if anyone wants to check out the site where the pics came from, they can find it here. Most of the pics are on the "about me" page.
things that make you go 'hmmmmm'.


He's got the dates right, at least. eh. It's really hard to tell. I'll eat my analytical words from earlier and say "I dunno."

Moonie
moon_is_playing_tricks is offline  
Old 04-05-2004, 11:25 PM   #13
Refugee
 
Billie Midol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: the playground for adults
Posts: 1,503
Local Time: 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by moon_is_playing_tricks
maybe I'm just being goofy, but I don't know about Larry actually being present for those pics... he looks like he's been photoshopped. Or maybe I just need to get new glasses.

Moonie
LOL! I was thinking the same thing...
Billie Midol is offline  
Old 04-06-2004, 07:45 AM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Niamh_Saoirse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 8,657
Local Time: 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by moon_is_playing_tricks


hmmm.... I'm thinking along the same lines you are... but then I started to really study the pics.

Here's Analytical Moonie's observations:

since I know Larry's outfits well enough (freak! freak!), I'd have to say that last pic was taken during the Elevation Tour. And, if you look at Larry's hair in the second pic, it's definitely ZooTV era. Hrm. And the first one, that looks about the time Elevation came out.

Also, maybe I'm just odd... but I've *never* seen a pic of Larry outside the studios like that. He's made it pretty dang clear that he doesn't take pics with fans outside the studio like Bono, Edge, and Adam do - he obliges during the tours because that's his "job."

In the first two pics, the guy is towering over Larry. In the third, he's not. Did he bend his knees like I did when I took my pic with Larry? I dunno.

Another thing that's bothering me is Larry's left shoulder/arm in the last pic. His shoulder's been chopped off... kinda.

I vote photoshopped. sorry ladies. I hope I didn't rain on anyone's parade.

Moonie

mmmmmhhh...Now that you mention it.....you might be right....

It was too good to be true, wasn't it?
Niamh_Saoirse is offline  
Old 04-07-2004, 04:16 AM   #15
Refugee
 
miss-U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Balbriggan, North Co Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 2,093
Local Time: 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten


I hope Emilie will be so lucky today!
__________________

miss-U2 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×