OMG! Larry does pose for pics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niamh_Saoirse

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
A miracle, isn't it? ;) :D

john___larry_london_01__1.jpg

john___larry_dublin__99.jpg

john___larry_london_01__2.jpg

moon_is_playing_tricks said:
maybe I'm just being goofy, but I don't know about Larry actually being present for those pics... he looks like he's been photoshopped. Or maybe I just need to get new glasses. :ohmy:

Moonie :D

You know, I was thinking the exact same thing, especially for that second pic, but I didn't want to say anything :reject:

But I found the site the pics were taken from, and the guy in the photos is the guy who won that MTV contest during the ZooTV tour...he has many pics of himself and the guys on his site...so then I was thinking they're real, and that Larry probably posed with the dude because he was the guy from the MTV contest :shrug:

erised said:

You know, I was thinking the exact same thing, especially for that second pic, but I didn't want to say anything :reject:

But I found the site the pics were taken from, and the guy in the photos is the guy who won that MTV contest during the ZooTV tour...he has many pics of himself and the guys on his site...so then I was thinking they're real, and that Larry probably posed with the dude because he was the guy from the MTV contest :shrug:

hmmm.... I'm thinking along the same lines you are... but then I started to really study the pics.

Here's Analytical Moonie's observations: ;)

since I know Larry's outfits well enough (freak! freak!), I'd have to say that last pic was taken during the Elevation Tour. And, if you look at Larry's hair in the second pic, it's definitely ZooTV era. Hrm. And the first one, that looks about the time Elevation came out.

Also, maybe I'm just odd... but I've *never* seen a pic of Larry outside the studios like that. He's made it pretty dang clear that he doesn't take pics with fans outside the studio like Bono, Edge, and Adam do - he obliges during the tours because that's his "job."

In the first two pics, the guy is towering over Larry. In the third, he's not. Did he bend his knees like I did when I took my pic with Larry? I dunno.

Another thing that's bothering me is Larry's left shoulder/arm in the last pic. His shoulder's been chopped off... kinda.

I vote photoshopped. sorry ladies. I hope I didn't rain on anyone's parade.

In the first two pics, the guy is towering over Larry. In the third, he's not. Did he bend his knees like I did when I took my pic with Larry? I dunno.

:lol: I noticed that too!

Well, if anyone wants to check out the site where the pics came from, they can find it here. Most of the pics are on the "about me" page.

I looked and I'm not sure. It seems odd though that in some pictures he's taller than the guys and some he's the same height. Our boys are all pretty much all the same height, give or take a few inches. Sure the guy in the picture could be bending his knees to be closer to the height of the band member but I just think it's odd that he's towering over them in some and the same height in others. The one of Larry outside of the studio (the second one) defintely looks funny. ( :ohmy: as I'm rereading this I see that moonie said the same thing about bending his knees....:shifty: I guess maybe I should read what other people write!)

Last edited:
erised said:

:lol: I noticed that too!

Well, if anyone wants to check out the site where the pics came from, they can find it here. Most of the pics are on the "about me" page.

things that make you go 'hmmmmm'. ;)

He's got the dates right, at least. ;) eh. It's really hard to tell. I'll eat my analytical words from earlier and say "I dunno." :D

maybe I'm just being goofy, but I don't know about Larry actually being present for those pics... he looks like he's been photoshopped. Or maybe I just need to get new glasses. :ohmy:

LOL! I was thinking the same thing...:eyebrow:

hmmm.... I'm thinking along the same lines you are... but then I started to really study the pics.

Here's Analytical Moonie's observations: ;)

since I know Larry's outfits well enough (freak! freak!), I'd have to say that last pic was taken during the Elevation Tour. And, if you look at Larry's hair in the second pic, it's definitely ZooTV era. Hrm. And the first one, that looks about the time Elevation came out.

Also, maybe I'm just odd... but I've *never* seen a pic of Larry outside the studios like that. He's made it pretty dang clear that he doesn't take pics with fans outside the studio like Bono, Edge, and Adam do - he obliges during the tours because that's his "job."

Another thing that's bothering me is Larry's left shoulder/arm in the last pic. His shoulder's been chopped off... kinda.

I vote photoshopped. sorry ladies. I hope I didn't rain on anyone's parade.

mmmmmhhh...Now that you mention it.....you might be right....:eyebrow:

It was too good to be true, wasn't it? :| ;)

Back
Top Bottom