OMG!!!! I MET THE EDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
OMG YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THE LA3 SHOW!!!

We tried to meet the guys before the LA3 show, but apparently they'd snuck in without anyone knowing. So after the concert (WHICH ROCKED SO MUCH HARDER THAN VEGAS!!!!!), on sore, aching feet, we ran to get our gear to be signed, and waited...and waited...and waited for SOMEONE to come out to either "shake or sign." About 1:00 AM, here comes BONO!!!!!!! OMG! *hyperventilate*

He walks down the first group of people, but everyone was SO excited and freaked out, that they surged against the barrier fence, and it started tipping. His bodyguard decided that was enough, so back into the car went Boner.
frown.gif
He rolled the window down and gave us a wave and a smile as he drove off.

Just an aside, I completely ran out of film at the end of the concert, and didn't have any extra, so this didn't bode well for me...

I was SO exhausted (nearly 48 hours with very little sleep or food, my feet hurt so badly I couldn't think of much else...I would sit on the curb and literally start falling asleep where I sat); but we continued to wait it out. By this time, many of the once-large crowd had left, so we had probably 25-30 people left.

Many many limos, SUVs and the like were going in and out of the back entrance, and we saw a few famous faces: Macy Gray, Counting Crows and...NAOMI. *scoff!* Then at one point, a black SUV drove out, and a VERY wonderful woman (God bless her little cotton socks) rolled down her window and said crypitcally: "There's only ONE left!" So I yelled "Which one??" and she said "Edge!" and they drove off!! I was about beside myself at this news, esp. because everybody and their dog (literally, a dog too) from the crew was coming out to tell us "they're all gone, no one's left." Hmmm...

Finally--FINALLY!!!!!!--at about 2:00, there's movement, and a touch of crowd hysteria. Yes indeed, THERE'S EDGIE WEDGIE in his ubiquitous outfit of black beanie, tshirt, burgundy jeans jacket, jeans and tennies. He very calmly and nicely went down the row chatting to everyone and signing everything. OMG you guys....he was a FOOT away from me, AND ME WITHOUT ANY FILM, AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about wanting to kill myself. Edge came up (with his own pen!), and I said, "Hi edge, thanks for making these 14 years worth it - you guys were awesome tonight!" And he said "thank you."
biggrin.gif
I pointed out the place I wanted him to sign my poster 9from the April 3 Dallas show), and he signed...sort of paused, looked at the poster...then made that little squiggly thing under his name! I WAS ECSTATIC! But still kicking myself for having no film. I yelled for Moonie to take a pic, and she did, but she only had two shots left on her black and white film (for some different effects from the show). Mrs. Edge, I desperately need your friend PHIL cos he told me he has a couple shots of us, I think!!
confused.gif

As he was leaving, I then yelled, "Hey Edge, see you in Dallas!" and he said "Okay!"
biggrin.gif

SO...IS ANYONE GOING TO THE DALLAS SHOW OR DOES ANYONE HAVE ONE GA TICKET??? Pleasepleaseplease....

OMG...the entire weekend was surreal, a blur, a head trip like I've never been on....me and Moonie are STILL recovering (my baby toes are still NUMB), we're still exhausted, and still drinking water like dried up human sponges. But oh baby...IT WAS ALL WORTH IT. Everything I've heard is true. I can completely understand why people get addicted to following U2 around the country and even the world, going completely broke (but being completely happy!) in the process. It was an AMAZING, ASTOUNDING, ASS-KICKING weekend!

This is the first of MANY MANY posts, and I will be gushing my little heart out when I get back home...I know it'll be a while "after the fact" but as I'm staying with Moonie, I don't have the luxury of getting on line for 8 hours a day like at home!

I'm just thrilled to have finally seen the boys in action...to see the Edge up close and personal and get him to sign something of mine. Worth every penny, every sore muscle, every sunburned patch of skin. I JUST SOOOOO LOVE THEM!!!!

I'll post more soon, so stay tuned...my journal has 20 new handwritten pages in it that need to be transferred to Interference!
biggrin.gif

Disco...on cloud nine, ten and eleven!!!!

Disco, that's awesome!!! I'm so jealous girl! Good luck on getting a way to Dallas. It was fun hanging with ya in Vegas this weekend.
smile.gif

-sula

I'm so happy for you Kelli-and SAD that I haven't met him-I must have 'scared him off' when I had my chance in June!

And sorry I missed your 'fight' with whoever it was outside the heart-I had to get the he** out of there and go back into the heart-I was being CRUSHED.

It was great meeting you
smile.gif
And Edge is just SO HOT, isn't he?
eek.gif

Yay Disco. So pleased for you. Get yourself to Dallas. Where there's a will there's a way
smile.gif

Oh my gosh Disco!!!!! You got to meet Edge!! That is soooo awesome!!! I am such an ass though- I saw you and Moonie there and I never came up to say hi b/c you were in a conversation and I was too shy, haha. It was before the concert, where everyone was waiting for them to drive up, I was there w/ my friend. Blast- I wanted to meet them sooo bad! But I couldn't have waited till 2 a.m. b/c we were already on the road back to AZ. Dang girl that is so cool though! Congrats!! I hope I get to meet Edge in Phoenix!!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAY DISCO!!!!!!! That's so awesome congrats
biggrin.gif
Isn't Edge such a nice man, I mean he's just a sweetie pie and so adorable
smile.gif
I just want to pinch his cheeks, he was very nice when we met him too
smile.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

OMG!!!!!!!! DISCO!!!!!!!!! That's ssssssooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool!!!!!!!!!

I wanna meet Edge!!!
smile.gif
Meet, defile....
wink.gif
same difference...

------------------
~*Mona*~
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

You want to be the song
Be the song that you hear in your head

Hey Disco, you lucky girl! Great Edge story. www.ticketsplus.com has GAs for Dallas now at $75 plus $15 shipping. I know it's a broker, but that is really not a bad price at all, and you'll get to go to the show!

Hope I see you in line! Oh, and me, ABEL, Like O2, and anyone else who wants to come are going to have a little preconcert get together Saturday night, probably at the Tipperary Inn in Dallas.

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
LOL! OK, I confess-I'd ALSO like to do that
eek.gif
Do you think I shoulda jumped on stage and done that?
wink.gif

Lol!

EDGE: *strum strum* I hope the crowd has a good view of me bedazzled bum...*strum strum* *grooove* Must...resist...humping...gee-tar.....

GINA: *tap tap*

EDGE: WTF?

GINA: Excuse me, Edge. Could I defile you?

EDGE: Hm. I'm kinda busy here.

GINA: *uses psychic powers to make his gee-tar spontaneously combust*

EDGE: *shrugs* OK. Not busy anymore. *wanders away with GinaMarie*

MONA: *gets ideas....*

------------------
~*Mona*~
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

You want to be the song
Be the song that you hear in your head

Cool meeting you, Disco!
smile.gif

I wasnt able to stay after the show and thus couldnt meet the band,
frown.gif
but i did meet Dallas, he gave me a guitar pic - a really cool one,signed my tag and told me he was gonna check in and reply to his Yahoo Fan club! He was soo sweet, he seemed to like my tag and my cross, and thought it was cool that i was from here. What a guy!

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

*cries* I want to go to the Dallas show and the Tiperarry INN!!!! That place feckin rocked, the owners were kewl and that's where I did my table dancing lmfao
biggrin.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

AWESOME DISCO!!! YOU GO GIRL!!! I am so happy for you, you got your man EDGE!
smile.gif

TAKE that GA! You can order it over the computer if you are on one you can order! YES they are reputable I bought from them before they give you a receipt and a paper trail and everything! GO DISCO!!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
~We need new dreams tonight~

Yes good job YOU..
How bout how little JesseU2 snuck under the railing getting his photo w/Edge? Edge just shrugged his shoulders and smiled..The crowd roared! Jess was just beaming..

When Edge walked by me..I says-"Edge hey youre better lookin than Ray Bourque!" and he goes-"Ha,ha"!

Surreal..what a nice man..

Diamond

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
-curious? click
links for
Bono/Dimon-
Bos.4 Story
Pics..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

[This message has been edited by Diamond The U2 Patriot (edited 11-21-2001).]

Go Disco it's your birthday!!!! Go Disco it's your birthday!!!! Go Disco it's your birthday!!!!

Wow girl I'm soooo amazingly happy for you!!!! Of course I left before then, I really couldn't stand up any longer so I'm not too disappointed.

I had a lot of fun hanging out with you and Dana in both Vegas and LA. Such crazy girls, we had a lot of fun and I really miss everyone!!!!
frown.gif
*packing up to go line up in front of the staples center despite there not being a concert* sorry but normal life is just too boring, I wanna be sleep deprived, cold, hot, rained on, starving, etc with fellow fans again *pout*

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Oh Disco! That is so very exciting. I'm surprised that Edge didn't run away with you being that you are so damn gorgeous and all. You must get to Dallas no matter what it takes. You need to give Edge another chance with you!
wink.gif

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"She's hyperventilating." --my podiatrist (about me) 10-24-01

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:

When Edge walked by me..I says-"Edge hey youre better lookin than Ray Bourque!" and he goes-"Ha,ha"!
..what a nice man..

OK-now I'm scared-I'm agreeing w/ Diamond
wink.gif

1. Edge IS better looking than Ray Bourque.
2. Edge IS such a nice man.

Couldn't you have given him a big kiss for me db9???

Edge escaped me in Boston-I had to settle for Larry and Bono
wink.gif
he WILL NOT get away next time!

Originally posted by martha:
Who's Ray Bourque?

He's a hockey player-used to play for the Boston Bruins-then went to the Colorado Avalanche. He toiled w/ the Bruins for years and years -then left to try to win a championship.

The night of Boston 4, Bono announced that Ray was about to win his championship-and Edge came out in a Bruins jersey-the crowd loved it.I should look for a pic of him.

Here's Ray

r_bourque_vt.jpg

[This message has been edited by Gina Marie (edited 11-21-2001).]

Late, but who cares.
biggrin.gif

Congratulations congratulations Disco!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I'm soooo glad you got to meet them!
biggrin.gif
You are so lucky.
biggrin.gif

------------------
it's no secret that a liar won't believe anyone else

As I was given the honour of being one of the first that she called with this news, Disco already knows I'm happy for her. She really, really deserves it.

We must have an Orgasmatron Chat when she gets back!!!!

Back
Top Bottom