OMG!!!! I MET THE EDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2001, 01:19 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:00 AM
OMG!!!! I MET THE EDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THE LA3 SHOW!!!

We tried to meet the guys before the LA3 show, but apparently they'd snuck in without anyone knowing. So after the concert (WHICH ROCKED SO MUCH HARDER THAN VEGAS!!!!!), on sore, aching feet, we ran to get our gear to be signed, and waited...and waited...and waited for SOMEONE to come out to either "shake or sign." About 1:00 AM, here comes BONO!!!!!!! OMG! *hyperventilate*

He walks down the first group of people, but everyone was SO excited and freaked out, that they surged against the barrier fence, and it started tipping. His bodyguard decided that was enough, so back into the car went Boner. He rolled the window down and gave us a wave and a smile as he drove off.

Just an aside, I completely ran out of film at the end of the concert, and didn't have any extra, so this didn't bode well for me...

I was SO exhausted (nearly 48 hours with very little sleep or food, my feet hurt so badly I couldn't think of much else...I would sit on the curb and literally start falling asleep where I sat); but we continued to wait it out. By this time, many of the once-large crowd had left, so we had probably 25-30 people left.

Many many limos, SUVs and the like were going in and out of the back entrance, and we saw a few famous faces: Macy Gray, Counting Crows and...NAOMI. *scoff!* Then at one point, a black SUV drove out, and a VERY wonderful woman (God bless her little cotton socks) rolled down her window and said crypitcally: "There's only ONE left!" So I yelled "Which one??" and she said "Edge!" and they drove off!! I was about beside myself at this news, esp. because everybody and their dog (literally, a dog too) from the crew was coming out to tell us "they're all gone, no one's left." Hmmm...

Finally--FINALLY!!!!!!--at about 2:00, there's movement, and a touch of crowd hysteria. Yes indeed, THERE'S EDGIE WEDGIE in his ubiquitous outfit of black beanie, tshirt, burgundy jeans jacket, jeans and tennies. He very calmly and nicely went down the row chatting to everyone and signing everything. OMG you guys....he was a FOOT away from me, AND ME WITHOUT ANY FILM, AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about wanting to kill myself. Edge came up (with his own pen!), and I said, "Hi edge, thanks for making these 14 years worth it - you guys were awesome tonight!" And he said "thank you." I pointed out the place I wanted him to sign my poster 9from the April 3 Dallas show), and he signed...sort of paused, looked at the poster...then made that little squiggly thing under his name! I WAS ECSTATIC! But still kicking myself for having no film. I yelled for Moonie to take a pic, and she did, but she only had two shots left on her black and white film (for some different effects from the show). Mrs. Edge, I desperately need your friend PHIL cos he told me he has a couple shots of us, I think!!

As he was leaving, I then yelled, "Hey Edge, see you in Dallas!" and he said "Okay!"

SO...IS ANYONE GOING TO THE DALLAS SHOW OR DOES ANYONE HAVE ONE GA TICKET??? Pleasepleaseplease....

OMG...the entire weekend was surreal, a blur, a head trip like I've never been on....me and Moonie are STILL recovering (my baby toes are still NUMB), we're still exhausted, and still drinking water like dried up human sponges. But oh baby...IT WAS ALL WORTH IT. Everything I've heard is true. I can completely understand why people get addicted to following U2 around the country and even the world, going completely broke (but being completely happy!) in the process. It was an AMAZING, ASTOUNDING, ASS-KICKING weekend!

This is the first of MANY MANY posts, and I will be gushing my little heart out when I get back home...I know it'll be a while "after the fact" but as I'm staying with Moonie, I don't have the luxury of getting on line for 8 hours a day like at home!

I'm just thrilled to have finally seen the boys in action...to see the Edge up close and personal and get him to sign something of mine. Worth every penny, every sore muscle, every sunburned patch of skin. I JUST SOOOOO LOVE THEM!!!!

I'll post more soon, so stay tuned...my journal has 20 new handwritten pages in it that need to be transferred to Interference!

Disco...on cloud nine, ten and eleven!!!!

Old 11-21-2001, 01:22 PM   #2
The Fly

Persistence pays. Congrats.

------------------
"You whacked Dieter's giraffe!"

Old 11-21-2001, 01:27 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Disco, that's awesome!!! I'm so jealous girl! Good luck on getting a way to Dallas. It was fun hanging with ya in Vegas this weekend.

-sula
Old 11-21-2001, 01:28 PM   #4
Refugee

Local Time: 05:00 PM
Disco, disco, YAY for Disco!!! Congrats!! Have no words, lucky you!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

------------------
"U2 on its own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with its audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.
Old 11-21-2001, 01:29 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I'm so happy for you Kelli-and SAD that I haven't met him-I must have 'scared him off' when I had my chance in June!

And sorry I missed your 'fight' with whoever it was outside the heart-I had to get the he** out of there and go back into the heart-I was being CRUSHED.

It was great meeting you And Edge is just SO HOT, isn't he?
Old 11-21-2001, 01:29 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:00 PM
That's awesome, Disco!!! I'm glad you finally got to meet the Edge!
Old 11-21-2001, 01:30 PM   #7
The Fly

im sooooo happy for you
you deserved it, you got edge action wwoooohooooooo you go girl
Old 11-21-2001, 01:33 PM   #8
War Child

That ROCKS Disco !!!!!
I'm so happy for you,I know that was a longtime dream come true !!!!
Old 11-21-2001, 01:37 PM   #9
Refugee

Yay Disco. So pleased for you. Get yourself to Dallas. Where there's a will there's a way
Old 11-21-2001, 01:45 PM   #10
Refugee

Local Time: 08:00 AM
Oh my gosh Disco!!!!! You got to meet Edge!! That is soooo awesome!!! I am such an ass though- I saw you and Moonie there and I never came up to say hi b/c you were in a conversation and I was too shy, haha. It was before the concert, where everyone was waiting for them to drive up, I was there w/ my friend. Blast- I wanted to meet them sooo bad! But I couldn't have waited till 2 a.m. b/c we were already on the road back to AZ. Dang girl that is so cool though! Congrats!! I hope I get to meet Edge in Phoenix!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2001, 01:48 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

YAAAAAAAAAY DISCO!!!!!!! That's so awesome congrats Isn't Edge such a nice man, I mean he's just a sweetie pie and so adorable I just want to pinch his cheeks, he was very nice when we met him too

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*
Old 11-21-2001, 01:50 PM   #12
Mr. MacPhisto's Loo Cleaner

OMG!!!!!!!! DISCO!!!!!!!!! That's ssssssooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool!!!!!!!!!

I wanna meet Edge!!! Meet, defile.... same difference...

------------------
~*Mona*~
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

You want to be the song
Be the song that you hear in your head
Old 11-21-2001, 01:52 PM   #13
The Fly

Hey Disco, you lucky girl! Great Edge story. www.ticketsplus.com has GAs for Dallas now at $75 plus $15 shipping. I know it's a broker, but that is really not a bad price at all, and you'll get to go to the show!

Hope I see you in line! Oh, and me, ABEL, Like O2, and anyone else who wants to come are going to have a little preconcert get together Saturday night, probably at the Tipperary Inn in Dallas.

Old 11-21-2001, 01:54 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by WildHonee:

I wanna meet Edge!!! Meet, defile.... same difference...
LOL! OK, I confess-I'd ALSO like to do that Do you think I shoulda jumped on stage and done that?
Old 11-21-2001, 01:56 PM   #15
Mr. MacPhisto's Loo Cleaner

Quote:
Originally posted by Gina Marie:
LOL! OK, I confess-I'd ALSO like to do that Do you think I shoulda jumped on stage and done that?
Lol!

EDGE: *strum strum* I hope the crowd has a good view of me bedazzled bum...*strum strum* *grooove* Must...resist...humping...gee-tar.....

GINA: *tap tap*

EDGE: WTF?

GINA: Excuse me, Edge. Could I defile you?

EDGE: Hm. I'm kinda busy here.

GINA: *uses psychic powers to make his gee-tar spontaneously combust*

EDGE: *shrugs* OK. Not busy anymore. *wanders away with GinaMarie*

MONA: *gets ideas....*

------------------
~*Mona*~
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

You want to be the song
Be the song that you hear in your head
Old 11-21-2001, 03:59 PM   #16
Banned

Local Time: 07:00 AM
Cool meeting you, Disco!
I wasnt able to stay after the show and thus couldnt meet the band, but i did meet Dallas, he gave me a guitar pic - a really cool one,signed my tag and told me he was gonna check in and reply to his Yahoo Fan club! He was soo sweet, he seemed to like my tag and my cross, and thought it was cool that i was from here. What a guy!

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert
Old 11-21-2001, 04:01 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

*cries* I want to go to the Dallas show and the Tiperarry INN!!!! That place feckin rocked, the owners were kewl and that's where I did my table dancing lmfao

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*
Old 11-21-2001, 04:08 PM   #18
War Child

AWESOME DISCO!!! YOU GO GIRL!!! I am so happy for you, you got your man EDGE!
TAKE that GA! You can order it over the computer if you are on one you can order! YES they are reputable I bought from them before they give you a receipt and a paper trail and everything! GO DISCO!!!!

------------------
~We need new dreams tonight~
Old 11-21-2001, 04:26 PM   #19
Refugee

Yes good job YOU..
How bout how little JesseU2 snuck under the railing getting his photo w/Edge? Edge just shrugged his shoulders and smiled..The crowd roared! Jess was just beaming..

When Edge walked by me..I says-"Edge hey youre better lookin than Ray Bourque!" and he goes-"Ha,ha"!

Surreal..what a nice man..

Diamond

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
-curious? click
links for
Bono/Dimon-
Bos.4 Story
Pics..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

[This message has been edited by Diamond The U2 Patriot (edited 11-21-2001).]
Old 11-21-2001, 06:29 PM   #20
War Child

Go Disco it's your birthday!!!! Go Disco it's your birthday!!!! Go Disco it's your birthday!!!!

Wow girl I'm soooo amazingly happy for you!!!! Of course I left before then, I really couldn't stand up any longer so I'm not too disappointed.

I had a lot of fun hanging out with you and Dana in both Vegas and LA. Such crazy girls, we had a lot of fun and I really miss everyone!!!! *packing up to go line up in front of the staples center despite there not being a concert* sorry but normal life is just too boring, I wanna be sleep deprived, cold, hot, rained on, starving, etc with fellow fans again *pout*

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian