OMG! I just noticed something in the UF Collection vid!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
I was watching it tonight whilst lifting my weights, and in the documantary part, when Bono and Edge are doing the vocals for The Three Sunrises, Bono's jacket is open, and he's got no shirt on underneath it!!!! :faint:

I've never noticed that before!

:dies:

I did double check it in slo-mo. Just for research, of course.

ahahhhhhh That is one of my favorite parts of the video. :love: Not because of the chest, even though it is lovely.;) I rewind it over and over just to hear Bono bust out laughing bwaahhhahhh. :lmao: :lmao:

My favorite parts are when Bono is singing alone in the ball room, with the headphones on. :combust: beautifulvoicebeautifulvoice :combust:

*edit to say that UF was the first U2 video I purchased in early '88 and if I had a dollar for everytime I've watched it I could retire.

Oh and another funny moment is when Adam is getting his photo taken and someone trips and falls. You have to watch closely to catch it.

Last edited:
Really?!? I didn't notice that his shirt was open.

Other favorite moments:

That dog lifting the girl's skirt... :lmao:
Larry sleeping... :cute:
The whole L-A-R-D-E-N-C-E thing.
Hi Fans! :D

Yet another vid I'm gonna have to watch over again... I've never noticed the Bono chest part :tsk:

But I :heart: the part of Bono singing in the ballroom... that voice!!!!

:combust:

And, fj, I love those parts, too... but I don't remember a dog lifting a girl's skirt

:scratch:

Erised, the dog part is a little before the eclipse... The girls are talking to Lanois and he's telling them he's Quincy Jones. :lol:

EPandAmerica said:

Oh and another funny moment is when Adam is getting his photo taken and someone trips and falls. You have to watch closely to catch it.

I love that part...but I never noticed someone falling down. I'll have to watch that video later. :yes:

:adam: "Where do you want me? Up against that wall? (note: why does that sound dirty :angel: ) There's the camera, it's pointing that way."

I love during that part, Adam's erm..."fight" with the armrest of the chair.

"Do I sit with that between my legs?"
photographer: "Well if you want to put a cushion underneath you to save yourself"
"Don't want to ruin my manhood" :eeklaugh:

:lmao:
:love::adam:

:wave:
~J

Edgette said:

I love that part...but I never noticed someone falling down. I'll have to watch that video later. :yes:

:adam: "Where do you want me? Up against that wall? (note: why does that sound dirty :angel: ) There's the camera, it's pointing that way."

photographer: "Well if you want to put a cushion underneath you to save yourself"

~J

Yes it happens straight after all of the above. The guy to Adam's left trips and begins to fall and you see Adam go :eeklaugh: , then on the next shot you can tell that Adam is trying to hold in a laugh. :cute:

That is so hot! :drool: I guess I was always too busy looking at his gorgeous head to notice, now I must watch it again and stare!

Doesn't anybody think the eclipse scene is cute? Adam pretends to be blind, and Eno plays along. I wonder where Bono was? Was he afraid to even look at it with the special devices? Don't blame him if he did, I've always been afraid of eclipses, who wants to burn out their eyes?

Then Eno goes "look what you've done with your bloody rock and roll, you've blocked out the sun!" :laugh:

Last edited:
Here's the pics for those who can't see attachments:

ufvideo01.jpg

ufvideo02.jpg

One more thing about this scene, and the whole tape really, is that it is proof that U2 did smile and laugh prior to the AB era. It has somehow become a myth and a misconception that they never did, or never had any 'fun' in the 80's. Just watch this tape and you'll know, they did!

Edgette said:

~J

:lmao: I love that part! I haven't seen this video in months!! Garr! I need to go watch it! :sexywink:

Alright, now I have to go watch it again...
I love the "Hi fans"...Larry cracks me up.
Adam, and how he pulls down his shirt, :huh:
Silly Adam...

Back
Top Bottom