Okay...The stupidest U2-related thing you have EVER done!!! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2004, 11:32 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:18 AM
Okay...The stupidest U2-related thing you have EVER done!!!

Okay... To celebrate my 150th post - uhh, just love it when I reach another PLEBA-posting-milestone - let's have some confessions! What is the stupidest U2-related thing you've EVER done? I've done something pretty stupid myself - let's see if you can beat that - just have to scan a pic that can explain how stupid I was... Will be back later!

Old 03-12-2004, 01:07 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Hmm, let me think... I don't think anything I ever did is stupid but I will name some..extreme worshipping I did.

I got a mullet. Yeah, Baby Bono mullet. Summer 2001 and till now I just had mullets alough now it's a Ziggy mullet.

All my school folders ae full of Bono pics, Bono in drag or licking Larry or VP pics and Gav in dresses. Everbody in school thinks I'm weird and gross.

Hmmmmm, okay can't think of anything to beat my mullets.

Old 03-12-2004, 01:17 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Oh, and I travelled a long wa down to Munich to meet with an Internet pal (huge U2 fan) and made my parents get up at 7am to drive me down there.

They're still a little angry about the way I woke them up to drive me. :hifty:
Old 03-12-2004, 01:37 PM   #4
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:18 AM
Here's something really stupid and hilarius also

So..me and my bf were listening to "if you wear your velvet dress" and stuff.. and er. kissing .. lol... and then he says:
"this is awesome!"

and I say:

"omg! I know, Bono's voice is do damn sexy in this song!!"

and he says back

"babe.. i was talking about us!"

damn.. i think i never ever blushed so much in my whole life!!!
poor boy..
Old 03-12-2004, 02:36 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Re: Okay...The stupidest U2-related thing you have EVER done!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Merc
Okay... To celebrate my 150th post - uhh, just love it when I reach another PLEBA-posting-milestone - let's have some confessions! What is the stupidest U2-related thing you've EVER done? I've done something pretty stupid myself - let's see if you can beat that - just have to scan a pic that can explain how stupid I was... Will be back later!
Allright - I'm back...

...Okay - I might as well drop the bomb right away! I trew this R&H-poster out, once I was cleaning up in our ymca-club!!!

You know, it's the long poster with Bono at the top, then Edge, Larry and Adam at the bottom... Till this day I can't believe I just trew it out! But at that time I didn't knew who was on the poster, and I thought they looked kind of silly and really had the 80's look - and everything from the 80's just had to go when we were cleaning up!!!
Old 03-12-2004, 02:43 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

O_O

*shocked*

O_O

*smacks you*

O_O
Old 03-12-2004, 02:54 PM   #7
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:18 PM
man, i guess my little incident wasnt as embarrasing as those things one day my teacher was talking about the american revolution, i was totally zoned out thinking about Rattle and Hum, and when i heard revolution i didnt realise that i said " F**K THE REVOLUTION" out loud, i thought it was in my head That got me a referral and a saturday detention.
Old 03-12-2004, 02:56 PM   #8
Refugee

Location: calm down, cold resides with me. I flee to decemberunderground... as you exhale I breathe in, and sink into the water underground and I'll grow pale without you
Uhm....
absolute stupidest? not going to the JT tour show here in MA when I had the chance... parents made me go on some stupid f*cking school field trip instead... still haven't forgiven them...

second stupidest... giving up on them after Zooropa.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:24 PM   #9
Refugee

Local Time: 05:18 AM
hey Merc, i have the same poster but i still have it

as for myself, i would say...geez, i dunno... i did a lot of stupid things i am gonna think about it
Old 03-12-2004, 03:37 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by miss-U2
hey Merc, i have the same poster but i still have it
Oh, lucky girl! I trew that one out in... It must have been '96 or perhaps '97 - I feel SOOO stupid!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by miss-U2
as for myself, i would say...geez, i dunno... i did a lot of stupid things i am gonna think about it
Hmm, lots of stupid things you say?! Remember it has to be U2-related!
Old 03-12-2004, 04:43 PM   #11
Refugee

Local Time: 09:18 PM
Cool thread!
Well when I was 16 I died my hair black like Bonos
But I think the stupidest U2 thing I have ever done was at the Oakland Elevation show 3rd leg... I had my camera with me and the security told me when I got up to the door to get in after 12 hours in line... that I couldnt take the camera in .... so I stood there for a sec in awe and told them that I absolutely would not go back to my car after waiting 12 hours and I had just been in LA where they allowed cameras and that U2 said we could have cameras... they would not budge... so when this giant security guy looked away....I started running like a damn fool trying to escape the security! It was like I was crazed for a minute!! So I am running down the ramp to the door and all of a sudden I am being lifted off the ground and the big guy was taking me out up to the top again!! I was screaming and my legs were kicking like a little kid and then he had me against this wall telling the other security that I wasnt going to be let in!!!! So I started crying slightly and my friend explained that I would literally die if this really happened to me and then I told the security to just take my damn camera and they let me in
But it was pretty stupid to try to run from security!
All in the name of U2 lol ......
Old 03-12-2004, 05:12 PM   #12
War Child

Local Time: 10:18 PM
Hmmmmmm let's see............the most stupidist thing that I've done is not going to see Bono when he was in NY giving the lecture. That was my first chance of meeting him and I completely blew it, the effects that nite : total depression. Ever since that nite, I've made a promise to myself to not miss any chances again!
Old 03-12-2004, 06:30 PM   #13
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 12:18 AM
In Atlanta, after realizing that Bono had forgotten the dude pen and souly's note at his table, I grabbed them and tried to run after him to give them back.

It gets worse

He went off the stage through a back door, so myself and another guy (sorry I don't remember your name if you're reading this ) got through the back door and tried to catch up, but I guess it was a kitchen, because security started to push food trays in our way as we called after Bono (by that time he was way ahead of us, out of sight even, so I don't think he heard us, at least I hope he didn't )

I'm completely embarassed by my behavior now. I was thinking today, what if he had heard us and came back, what the heck would I have said. I would have been completely mortified I'm still not to happy with myself

but at least Emilie did get the items to Bono eventually
Old 03-12-2004, 08:07 PM   #14
Acrobat

Local Time: 12:18 AM
stupidist U2 realated thing i've done, everyone should get a good laugh out of this: we had this project in biology where we had to each take home a plant and alter one type of thing while growing it and see what happened anyways one of my friends figgured we should name the plants instead of just calling them plant 1, 2, 3 and 4 like everyone else did in their lab reports so we named the plants after the members of U2. our teacher thought we were the strangest group of kids she'd ever taught
Old 03-12-2004, 08:25 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I chased Bono's car for 2 blocks when he was in Toronto
Old 03-12-2004, 11:16 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by madamadam
man, i guess my little incident wasnt as embarrasing as those things one day my teacher was talking about the american revolution, i was totally zoned out thinking about Rattle and Hum, and when i heard revolution i didnt realise that i said " F**K THE REVOLUTION" out loud, i thought it was in my head That got me a referral and a saturday detention.
...whoops! Oh, my god...that's priceless!

s to all of you who had these crazy moments.

Let's see...stupidest moments...I don't know. I'll have to think about it and get back to this thread.

Angela
Old 03-13-2004, 04:44 PM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by souLnation2002
I chased Bono's car for 2 blocks when he was in Toronto
Please tell me you didnt??!!!!
Old 03-13-2004, 05:14 PM   #18
Acrobat

Before I knew who U2 was, which wasnt too long ago, I dissed what they looked like, I was telling one of my friends taht they looked gay and their clothes were gay, cause I love the 70s look on men. And now I feel really bad that i said all that stuff...
Old 03-13-2004, 06:45 PM   #19
War Child

Location: with 2 kids in high school they tell her that she's uncool, but she's still preoccupied with 1985

I snuck into soundcheck at Elevation DC Me and this other lady just walked right up the shut down escalator and through a door and there were were in the first rung of seats watching Dallas Schoo and the roadies setting up! We planned to lay down in the seats and wait until the band came in then run down for autographs. But we had to tell the people we came with. She left the door open for me until I got back with them, plus some unknown girl who followed. Then the lady who let me in vanished, and next thing I know a security guard caught us! He asked for our tickets so he could tear them up but we (lied) and said they weren' t with us. He called for his boss and we explained someone left a door open and it wasn't like we broke in, so he let us go! I was still scared he was going to get me. He saw me coming down the steps to get my GA bracelet and he said "HEY YOU" and I was terrified! Then he smiled and said, "you are lucky to be here" and I said "Thank you!" and ran for my life! I got a great spot second person from the tip of the heart and Bono smiled at me, yes just me, and my sign me. I'd hate to think I'd have missed that, or the show!
Old 03-14-2004, 02:14 AM   #20
Acrobat

Local Time: 09:18 PM
This almost happened to me, but luckily, didn't.
I was at one of the Elevation shows waiting in line with my sister. It was a couple of hours before wristbands for the floor were going to be passed out, so me and another girl went around to the back of the arena to see if we could catch them coming in. I didn't realize how long I had been back there and I missed the wristbands being passed out. My sister comes running up to me, and we got the security to give me a wristband.

(on top of that, my parents thought someone kidnapped me,because I was gone for so long, and sent security out looking for me........ )