Okay...The stupidest U2-related thing you have EVER done!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Merc

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Okay... To celebrate my 150th post - uhh, just love it when I reach another PLEBA-posting-milestone :wink: - let's have some confessions! What is the stupidest U2-related thing you've EVER done? :hmm: I've done something pretty stupid myself - let's see if you can beat that :lol: - just have to scan a pic that can explain how stupid I was... Will be back later!

Hmm, let me think...:scratch: I don't think anything I ever did is stupid but I will name some..extreme worshipping I did. :wink:

I got a mullet. Yeah, Baby Bono mullet. Summer 2001 and till now I just had mullets alough now it's a Ziggy mullet.

All my school folders ae full of Bono pics, Bono in drag or licking Larry or VP pics and Gav in dresses. Everbody in school thinks I'm weird and gross. :happy:

Hmmmmm, okay can't think of anything to beat my mullets. :tongue:

Oh, and I travelled a long wa down to Munich to meet with an Internet pal (huge U2 fan) and made my parents get up at 7am to drive me down there.

They're still a little angry about the way I woke them up to drive me. :hifty:

Here's something really stupid and hilarius also

So..me and my bf were listening to "if you wear your velvet dress" and stuff.. and er. kissing .. lol... and then he says:
"this is awesome!"

and I say:

"omg! I know, Bono's voice is do damn sexy in this song!!"

and he says back

"babe.. i was talking about us!"

damn.. i think i never ever blushed so much in my whole life!!!
poor boy..

Merc said:
Okay... To celebrate my 150th post - uhh, just love it when I reach another PLEBA-posting-milestone - let's have some confessions! What is the stupidest U2-related thing you've EVER done? I've done something pretty stupid myself - let's see if you can beat that - just have to scan a pic that can explain how stupid I was... Will be back later!

Allright - I'm back...

...Okay - I might as well drop the bomb right away! I trew this R&H-poster out, once I was cleaning up in our ymca-club!!! :no: :scream: :rant: :grumpy: :sad: :reject: :sigh:

RandHPoster2.jpg

RandHPoster1.jpg

You know, it's the long poster with Bono at the top, then Edge, Larry and Adam at the bottom... Till this day I can't believe I just trew it out! But at that time I didn't knew who was on the poster, and I thought they looked kind of silly and really had the 80's look - and everything from the 80's just had to go when we were cleaning up!!! :reject:

man, i guess my little incident wasnt as embarrasing as those things:| one day my teacher was talking about the american revolution, i was totally zoned out thinking about Rattle and Hum, and when i heard revolution i didnt realise that i said " F**K THE REVOLUTION" out loud, i thought it was in my head :reject: :yikes: That got me a referral and a saturday detention. :sigh:

miss-U2 said:
hey Merc, i have the same poster :up: but i still have it :lol:

Oh, lucky girl! :wink: I trew that one out in... :hmm: It must have been '96 or perhaps '97 - I feel SOOO stupid!!! :banghead: :sigh:

miss-U2 said:
as for myself, i would say...geez, i dunno... i did a lot of stupid things :scratch: i am gonna think about it :wink:

Hmm, lots of stupid things you say?! Remember it has to be U2-related! :lol:

Cool thread!
Well when I was 16 I died my hair black like Bonos :cool:
But I think the stupidest U2 thing I have ever done was at the Oakland Elevation show 3rd leg... I had my camera with me and the security told me when I got up to the door to get in after 12 hours in line... that I couldnt take the camera in .... so I stood there for a sec in awe and told them that I absolutely would not go back to my car after waiting 12 hours and I had just been in LA where they allowed cameras and that U2 said we could have cameras... they would not budge... so when this giant security guy looked away....I started running like a damn fool trying to escape the security! It was like I was crazed for a minute!! So I am running down the ramp to the door and all of a sudden I am being lifted off the ground and the big guy was taking me out up to the top again!! I was screaming and my legs were kicking like a little kid :lol: and then he had me against this wall telling the other security that I wasnt going to be let in!!!! So I started crying slightly and my friend explained that I would literally die if this really happened to me and then I told the security to just take my damn camera and they let me in :)
But it was pretty stupid to try to run from security!
All in the name of U2 :wink: lol ......

Hmmmmmm let's see............the most stupidist thing that I've done is :sad: :sad: not going to see Bono when he was in NY giving the lecture. That was my first chance of meeting him and I completely blew it, the effects that nite : total depression.:sad: :sad: :sad: Ever since that nite, I've made a promise to myself to not miss any chances again! :|

In Atlanta, after realizing that Bono had forgotten the dude pen and souly's note at his table, I grabbed them and tried to run after him to give them back.

It gets worse :reject:

He went off the stage through a back door, so myself and another guy (sorry I don't remember your name if you're reading this :reject: ) got through the back door and tried to catch up, but I guess it was a kitchen, because security started to push food trays in our way as we called after Bono :lol: (by that time he was way ahead of us, out of sight even, so I don't think he heard us, at least I hope he didn't :reject: )

I'm completely embarassed by my behavior now. I was thinking today, what if he had heard us and came back, what the heck would I have said. I would have been completely mortified :lol: I'm still not to happy with myself :huh:

but at least Emilie did get the items to Bono eventually :wink:

stupidist U2 realated thing i've done, everyone should get a good laugh out of this: we had this project in biology where we had to each take home a plant and alter one type of thing while growing it and see what happened anyways one of my friends figgured we should name the plants instead of just calling them plant 1, 2, 3 and 4 like everyone else did in their lab reports so we named the plants after the members of U2. our teacher thought we were the strangest group of kids she'd ever taught :huh:

madamadam said:
man, i guess my little incident wasnt as embarrasing as those things:| one day my teacher was talking about the american revolution, i was totally zoned out thinking about Rattle and Hum, and when i heard revolution i didnt realise that i said " F**K THE REVOLUTION" out loud, i thought it was in my head :reject: :yikes: That got me a referral and a saturday detention. :sigh:

:lol:...whoops! Oh, my god...that's priceless!

:hug:s to all of you who had these crazy moments.

Let's see...stupidest moments...I don't know. I'll have to think about it and get back to this thread.

Angela

Before I knew who U2 was, which wasnt too long ago, I dissed what they looked like, I was telling one of my friends taht they looked gay and their clothes were gay, cause I love the 70s look on men:drool:. And now I feel really bad that i said all that stuff...:sad:

I snuck into soundcheck at Elevation DC :uhoh: Me and this other lady just walked right up the shut down escalator and through a door and there were were in the first rung of seats watching Dallas Schoo and the roadies setting up! We planned to lay down in the seats and wait until the band came in then run down for autographs. But we had to tell the people we came with. She left the door open for me until I got back with them, plus some unknown girl who followed. Then the lady who let me in vanished, and next thing I know a security guard caught us! He asked for our tickets so he could tear them up but we (lied) and said they weren' t with us. He called for his boss and we explained someone left a door open and it wasn't like we broke in, so he let us go! I was still scared he was going to get me. He saw me coming down the steps to get my GA bracelet and he said "HEY YOU" and I was terrified! Then he smiled and said, "you are lucky to be here" and I said "Thank you!" and ran for my life! I got a great spot second person from the tip of the heart and Bono smiled at me, yes just me, and my sign me. I'd hate to think I'd have missed that, or the show! :yikes:

This almost happened to me, but luckily, didn't.
I was at one of the Elevation shows waiting in line with my sister. It was a couple of hours before wristbands for the floor were going to be passed out, so me and another girl went around to the back of the arena to see if we could catch them coming in. I didn't realize how long I had been back there and I missed the wristbands being passed out. My sister comes running up to me, and we got the security to give me a wristband.

(on top of that, my parents thought someone kidnapped me,because I was gone for so long, and sent security out looking for me........ :eyebrow: :eeklaugh: )

well I didnt do anything stupid.. but my husband who was a DJ on the 80's give away my 12inch version of the band doing with our without you.. which I loved..

I was very resentful about this in years to come.. but he finally made it up to me lately (cos I converted him to a U2 freak as well) by making sure he got me all the U2 albums on CD as well as their single cds, and all thier DVDs

and I did forgive him for his earlier transgression when he got me Rattle and Hum on DVD and I could happily watch and listen to U2 doing with or without you the extended version anytime I want to my hearts content

Merc, judging by your current location I'd say you have changed your mind about things looking like the 80's;) :lol:

I don't know if the dumbest thing I did was:

running up my credit cards on the Elevation tour buying tickets off online brokers and paying traveling expenses :reject:

or

believing the lying cleaning lady in Baltimore who told me not to stand and wait the band were already inside and going back to the line only to find out they would drive up 5 minutes later and everyone else would get pics and autographs :scream:

or

gradually letting most of my cool 80's stuff from my teen years get misplaced over the years :sigh:

What's worse?

U2Kitten said:
Merc, judging by your current location I'd say you have changed your mind about things looking like the 80's;) :lol:

Yeah, you're right - I've certainly changed my mind about the 80's look!!! :D :drool: :love: :flirt: That's why I feel so stupid to know that I threw this poster away!!! :sigh:

... btw, you girls did some pretty stupid things too! :lol: Glad to know I'm not the only one!!! :wink:

I don't know if this necessarily qualifies as stupid, exactly, but it is kinda odd and it's the first thing that came to my mind-one day I was on the school bus, and the driver had turned to a station that rarely ever plays U2. Well, the DJ announced some of the artists coming up, and U2 was mentioned. At first I thought I'd misheard him, but then "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" started up soon after that.

Well, I was so happy about hearing them on this station that I started singing along to the song on the bus. Unfortunately, my bus stopped at its destination (the middle school) while the song was still going. But did that stop me? Nope. I just continued singing it as I got off the bus and while I walked down the sidewalk toward my next bus that would take me to the high school.

My sister stayed a good distance away from me. :p.

Angela

* spending the night on the cold cement during the Midwest winter and then being violently feverish for the next few days

* paying $100 for a scalped ticket that the scalper got free

* preparing to steal my dad's car that I'm not allowed to drive out of state under penalty of law (felony) b/c I'm not on the lease or the insurance

* taking Laura's dad's car instead and continuing the trip after the brakes failed, the engine light and brake light went on

* believing Bono when he said he'd be back at 5

* asking John Sampson if he was John Sampson

* pretending to be be VIP people from Jubilee USA and blatantly lying to all of the personel at the PCA headquarters in Louisville...(this is a long story)

* chasing a bus that Bono may or may not have been on from Louisville to Nashville at 3:00am.....did I saw that outloud?

I think I should stop there.......

Last edited:
Another one from me:
Taking a piece of garbage disposable camera to my elevation show, instead of a decent camera. Almost none of my pictures turned out.:sad:

When I got married and had a baby, I decided it was really immature of me to keep collecting U2 stuff. I also thought it was time to get rid of the many things I had bought when I was a teenager. What a huge mistake ! So I've spent the last few years realizing it's ok to still be obsessive about them and to gradually rebuild my stash of U2 goodies.:yes:

Nice 1 mate!!!! lol:wink:

I have kissed the telly everytime a close up came on Bono, i nearly blinded myself lol :wink:

Back
Top Bottom