Okay stupid question time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What I do is you play the movie in Quicktime, then PAUSE at a good part, and copy and paste that into PAINT and save it.

CAREFUL -- it's addicting.

there's a "print screen" button on the top right section of the keyboard too...that works
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*Phuzzie*~*

*Owner of the BonoDoll*

"No, I will not do the snake dance for you!" ~ Bono after the post-Super Bowl party

WARNING: Insanity is highly contagious!

My U2 Site

"I don't usually come across as a very deep person, but really I am deep. I'm deep when I need to be. When I'm frustrated I'll let all my feelings out, I'll be deep. So let me be deep, but don't get me frustrated." ~ Me, when asked how I could write such a deep response to the meaning of "Beautiful Day"

here's my stupid question...

When I play movies from U2.com, I can't play them in the Quicktime player installed on my computer. They will only play in the U2.com player and you can't copy and past from there. What am I doing wrong?

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:

When I play movies from U2.com, I can't play them in the Quicktime player installed on my computer. They will only play in the U2.com player and you can't copy and past from there. What am I doing wrong?

This happens to me all the time...
I found out how to look in the source code and find the direct .mov link and open it in quicktime..
the link to the movies you use usually looks like desire.u2.com/quicktime/
that's their direct server address
the name at the end of that looks like
u2_title(like "ground)_(then the connection setting)med.html

the final address should look something like: http://desire.u2.com/quicktime/u2_ground_med.html

it's a really complicated process
hoped that helped a little
smile.gif

------------------
*~*Phuzzie*~*

*Owner of the BonoDoll*

"No, I will not do the snake dance for you!" ~ Bono after the post-Super Bowl party

My U2 Site

"I don't usually come across as a very deep person, but really I am deep. I'm deep when I need to be. When I'm frustrated I'll let all my feelings out, I'll be deep. So let me be deep, but don't get me frustrated." ~ Me, when asked how I could write such a deep response to the meaning of "Beautiful Day"

Hmmm....I didn't know about this.

I think I'm gonna try this when I get home from work. See if I can get some quality U2 and Pearl Jam pics.

PearlJam_U2

I still can't figure this out. My Quicktime tells me it can't read mpegs, only .movie files. Do I have to convert or should I download a new version?

------------------
The Irish been coming here for years. Feels like they own the place.

All That You Can't Leave Behind is my album of the year! :p

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

You need to get a higer version on Quicktime. I can play Mpegs on mine, but I can't figure out how to paste it into my paint program. Do I need a specific paint program? I have Photoshop 6.0.

PearlJam_U2

HAHAHA!!

I just answered my own question!

I opened MSpaint and went to edit, then paste.
WHOOHOO!!! Let the pic saving begin!

PearlJam_U2

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:

uh, here's what *I* do
load the movie from U2.com, then go look in your temporary internet files folder (which is in the windows folder). It oughta be the very last thing in there, or close to it. Cut&paste it somewhere else. When you go to play it in quicktime, the U2.com media player thing will still be there but you can cut that out in paint, or the program of your choice.

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Hallelujah Here She Comes, about Adam

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
Phuzzie! You're back!
Where have you been?????????????????

ok, first I was gone fer a week during mid-winter break 'cause I was skiing in Lake Tahoe.
I come back, go on PLEBA fer a while and surf the net. A day later explorer takes over my old FAT32 system and causes the computer to crash. So then I've gotta reformat the whole hard drive to NT format. Then I gotta re-install all the programs. Luckily I didn't lose my U2 pics 'cause 1) I backed them all up on Zip disks, and 2) I was able to move my folder to my second hard drive while I reformatted the old one to NT, and then move the folder back
Now I'm VERY happy that I switched to NT and so is me dad. NT is much more stabler than FAT32.
icon24.gif

anyway, I back! and happy 'bout that too!
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*Phuzzie*~*

*Owner of the BonoDoll*

My U2 Site

Thanks you guys!!!
I finally know how to do stills!
I always thought you had to have a special program.
Off to do more stills
smile.gif

------------------
~*~Keep your head up cause a new day's gonna come...Midnight--Oh...she can't sleep she's afraid to dream...My Spanish Rose~*~

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
Phuzzie! You're back!
Where have you been?????????????????

I was thinking the same thing when I read her post. OK, it was more like yay Phuzzie's back, but close enough. LOL!
Glad to see you're back.
I don't have anything contsructive to add cause I don't know how to make stills either! ~Jen

Just wanted to add something here..

There is some kind of thing you can buy that can take stills off your TV and is much higher quality. (bigger, clearer, less blurry) I don't know how you get one, however, or how it works.

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Back
Top Bottom