Ok someone needs to tell me right now what happened to Echo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ana

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Another Time, Another Place, in The Electric Co. ;
Is she like... gone?
frown.gif

Well it's quite a long story. But as of the past couple weeks she will be MIA on PLEBA.

I talk to her nearly every day, and give her good Edge pics and such as needed.

------------------
~*Mona*~
a litle girl with Spanish eyes

A little less circuitry ** A little more poetry

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

She also helped me TONS in writing my "One" essay. *Whew*
biggrin.gif
Cheers.

------------------
~*Mona*~
LOVE me, give me SOUL

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

Yeah I remember a little while ago she posted something about starting a new place... is she ever gonna come back Mona?
Or is she gonna start her own?

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

I wonder what's gonna happen to you
You wonder what has happened to me

*press conference*

Yes MIA is 'missing in action.'

Em...she did start up another, smaller, forum, a couple of days ago. She was very specific in saying and acknowledging that she didn't want to replace PLEBA or anything.

Although I AM Echo's secretary, I'm not her press secretary and can't really speak for her on the issue of a return. All I can really say is that PLEBA meant a great deal to her. And I suppose that unless there's a great demand for her return, it will most likely not happen.

------------------
~*Mona*~
LOVE me, give me SOUL

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

[This message has been edited by WildHonee (edited 01-08-2002).]

Hey Mona -- do you think Echo would mind if I posted on Vox Pop?
smile.gif

------------------
"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." -- Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

Well, Mona, I do wish she would come back because I always loved reading her stories. But I didn't just like her for the stories... she has amazing sense of humor, and you two were a great team on PLEBA, you guys made it so much fun to come to every day. And who will run the ScottPhisto society now? It's her decision, and I'm not gonna pressure her to come back, but one person here wishes she would drop by once in a while.
smile.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

I wonder what's gonna happen to you
You wonder what has happened to me

[This message has been edited by wildhoney22 (edited 01-08-2002).]

Originally posted by Ana:
2 persons...
4.5 (2 + me, Julie, and the .5 is ScottPhisto

------------------
~*Mona*~
LOVE me, give me SOUL

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

Ditto.. I wish Echo would come back also.
frown.gif

------------------

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." -- Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

Aiee, dang. I was hoping that Echo was just taking a break. Well if she's out there, or if a certain secretary wants to pass it along, tell her we miss her!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"That's the first time we've played that song in... about 15 years." -Bono, after In God's Country - Phoenix 11/23

Homer: There's your giraffe, little girl.
Ralph: I'm a boy!
Homer: That's the spirit. Never give up.

Official L.O.B.P.B.G.G.T.S.H.S.A.E.E of the E.B.O.C

mocool~ love the sig.! lol!

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

6.5!
Echo was a blast!!! Wish she would at least visit once in a while.... I loved reading her posts.

So what will become of the PLEBA Glossary???
Will it be no more???
Will it stay as it is???
Will it be updated???

------------------
Oh great ocean
Oh great sea
Run to the ocean
Run to the sea

[This message has been edited by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen (edited 01-08-2002).]

I thought she was just taking a break. I thought she'd come back.
frown.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

Ditto, Can'tSeeOrBeSeen. I have no idea what will happen to the PLEBA Glossary.. maybe someone else will take it over? Hmm.

------------------
Official Bono Ego Defender

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

Originally posted by WildHonee:
And I suppose that unless there's a great demand for her return, it will most likely not happen.

That's just plain silly.

If she wants to hang out here, she should hang out here because she wants to...not just because people demand for her return.

She either wants to be here or she doesn't. She shouldn't listen to other people to decide what SHE wants to do.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Okay. Time for me to lay down the saddening truth.

Echo has left PLEBA. If anyone really feels the need to find out what events led up to it, please read the "The Great PLEBA Exodus" thread.

Basically, she was unhappy with some things on PLEBA. She voiced her opinion, and was swarmed upon. Somewhere in that thread, someone (I forget who) suggested that if someone doesn't like what they read, then leave. In fact, I believe several people suggested it. So, since she didn't like what she saw, she left. I've pleaded with her to return, but she's made up her mind. She does say that perhaps she'll return in 6 months or so, but there's nothing we can do to change her mind.
Please understand, it pained her to leave, but she felt it was best.
As far as the Scottphisto Society, I can handle that, unless someone else would rather have that responsibility. She has bequeathed Animatronic Edge to me (set yourselves at ease...I've vowed only to use him for the greater good, and not for evil, as I usually do).
Echo can, however, be found on another forum, called Vox Pop. Unfortunatly, I don't have the URL.
I talk to Echo all the time, and I'll be sure to have her read this thread. I'm not sure she realizes how much people like her.

------------------
ScottPhisto
The Man-Slut of PLEBA
Only $0.65 each!!!

Jello Lord

Scottphisto vending machines. Now everywhere inside the famous PLEBA Mansion, fullfilling all your Scottphisto needs!

"I'm not wearing any underwear! Now gimmie a cookie!!" -Unknown
Is this love? Or is it just rough sex with Michael Douglas?
EAT ME!! I'M A SPEACIALTY BREAD!!

*whhheeeeww* Thanks ScottPhisto
biggrin.gif
I couldn't handle this by meself!

I'll ask her about the Glossary.

------------------
~*Mona*~
LOVE me, give me SOUL

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

Originally posted by Scottphisto:

If anyone really feels the need to find out what events led up to it, please read the "The Great PLEBA Exodus" thread.

Wow. I left for a week at the end of dec. and missed all that. I just read it all now. I didn't even know that it went on. Well, if she really doesn't want to come back, it's up to her.

All the luck to you with your new forum Echo!!!

------------------
Oh great ocean
Oh great sea
Run to the ocean
Run to the sea

[This message has been edited by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen (edited 01-08-2002).]

All that stuff is over and done with. She really shouldnt let a couple people's opinions stop her from doing something she enjoys.

Hell if that were the case I'd be gone a long time ago!

wink.gif

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Sicy's FTP

Mona PLEASE email me ASAP...I have a qwerstion!
smile.gif

U2thegoalissoul@aol.com

Fishy <><

------------------
"God is down with the MPS" -ScottPhisto my Favorite Man-Slut

Back
Top Bottom