Ok, requesting something interesting enough to pop my little black cloud...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youvedonewhat

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I've come to the conclusion that sometimes men can be total assholes so I've come in here to escape my own darling asshole and wondered if anyone out there might be kind enough to post some piccies that can raise a smile/temperature/eyebrow etc. Anything will do and it doesn't even have to be the band. Anything loosely related to U2/band members wotever will do.

Thanks..

:hug: Sorry 'bout your asshole, YDW. :giggle: I've got one of my own that I sometimes wonder why I keep him around. :rolleyes:
I've been thinking about you lately.... I haven't written anything new on my "Best Thing" story & was wondering what the longest you'd ever gone without writing was. (Sorry, but I tend to use you as my guideline alot! :shrug: )

Anyway, here's a few that will hopefully lift your spirits!
3475887%3A6%7Ffp33%3A%3Enu%3D3243%3E872%3E7%3B4%3EWSNRCG%3D3233688249698nu0mrj

3475887%3A6%7Ffp346%3Enu%3D3243%3E872%3E7%3B4%3EWSNRCG%3D3233688284358nu0mrj

3475887%3A6%7Ffp33%3A%3Enu%3D3243%3E872%3E7%3B4%3EWSNRCG%3D32336882555%3B%3Bnu0mrj

Think it must be the time of year because my ex asshole of 3 years has decided to get back on contact and declaire his undying love for me so im feelin down heres a few of my fav pics

41.jpg

37.jpg

36.jpg

b7d4a6ae.jpg

BluRmGrl said:
:hug: Sorry 'bout your asshole, YDW. :giggle: I've got one of my own that I sometimes wonder why I keep him around. :rolleyes:
I've been thinking about you lately.... I haven't written anything new on my "Best Thing" story & was wondering what the longest you'd ever gone without writing was. (Sorry, but I tend to use you as my guideline alot! :shrug: )

Anyway, here's a few that will hopefully lift your spirits!
3475887%3A6%7Ffp33%3A%3Enu%3D3243%3E872%3E7%3B4%3EWSNRCG%3D3233688249698nu0mrj

3475887%3A6%7Ffp346%3Enu%3D3243%3E872%3E7%3B4%3EWSNRCG%3D3233688284358nu0mrj

3475887%3A6%7Ffp33%3A%3Enu%3D3243%3E872%3E7%3B4%3EWSNRCG%3D32336882555%3B%3Bnu0mrj

Hi BRG. Thanks for posting these pix.. they sure do the business...:drool:

Regarding writing: I never go more then a day without writing. It's something I must do and if I can't get to do it, then I get quite arsey! How sad is that! The problem I have is trying to keep something going. I dry up often so when I do, I write something else, some other story just to keep my need to write happy. (Does this make any sense?) If you can't think of anything to add to an ongoing storyline then don't push it. Chances are you won't be happy with the result as it has to come naturally. Write a little of something else instead. I'm coming across as weird, aren't I? But I'm not..really...just a little odd..;)

For me, I guess I just need to write, I dunno why. I like to create stories. Any old story will do, be it for children or for adults, be it comedy, serious or just plain rubbish. I just have to do it...ack.. and, of course, sometimes it's a way of getting a mood out, of cleansing the soul. Ok, now I am coming across as weird, so I'll quit whilst I'm ahead...doh...

And thank you for the compliment. It means a lot.:hug:

As my friend Kevin (female) says, at least once a day, "Men are idiots." And she should know: she has a husband and a 16-year-old son! I don't have time to post any pictures now (packing for a vacation trip), but I hope things are better soon, YDW. :hug:

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your asshole, YDW. Do they make a Hallmark for that? I'm sure they do.

Well, my friend just sent this to me. She's a songwriter, and she dug out an old song she and her sister wrote years ago. It's dumb, but funny. She thought I'd like it because of my Bono obsession, so I'll pass it along to you. :) It's a song called "Irish Spring." Hope it brings a smile to ya!

http://www.you send it.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=5CF45BB727E8C40A

Lyrics:
Irish Spring-L. Magallanes

[1st Chorus]:I want a man with an Irish accent
And he should be good looking too
I want a man with an Irish accent
Have him do what I want him to

[Verse 1]: I want a man with an Irish accent
Where to find him seems hard to me
Maybe I'll go to Ireland
Hangout at the pubs till 3:00
I'll find a man with an Irish accent
Then I'll fly him home with me

[2nd Chorus]: I want a man with an Irish accent
I like the way their voices sound
With a big pointy Irish nose
To help him sing real good and loud

Just like Bono............Just like Bono

[Verse 2]: We will dance and drink Irish beer
Every day will be St. Patrick's day
Cook/corn/beef/and cabbage...oh what a dear

[Go to 2nd Chorus, echoing "Just Like Bono"]

[Verse 3]: I'll sit and listen to his voice for hours
He'll cook and clean and bring me flowers
Unlike leprechauns no pot of gold
But I'm sure I'll stay with him...when we're old

[Go to 1st Chorus, Bono echoes, then to 2nd chorus, Bono Echoes, then fade
out with Bono]

You know what they say:

Men (or partners or whatever!) -- ya can't live with 'em and...yeah, that's pretty much it.

Maybe this lot could put a hurtin' on whoever is bothering you, though. :giggle:

blae32.jpg

You get my full-hearted support in the fact that men can be total assholes sometimes. Then again they can turn around and just do the cutest things or just look "cute". Just to illustrate, some pics of the Bman looking and acting cute. Hope this helps!:

Sleeping.jpg

hugoprah.jpg

heartguitar.jpg

corbijnBjordan.jpg

[
dncweek.jpg

goofy11.jpg

normal_peek46.jpg

flowers.jpg

And this one is just for looks.

unitednations.jpg

:wink:

there must be something in the air.... suddenly i found myself surrounded by assholes, who--just a little while ago--seemed to be caring, funny, attractive men!

I'm quite happy to hear I'm not the only one experiencing this!:wink:

I blame the moon, as there was a sighting of an arsehole around my house in the wee hours of the night. I'm in the U.S. on the East Coast, but noticed when I was out last night that the moon was huge and yellow. This can't be a good thing. :crazy:

Ok girls i need advice..... my ex hubby wants me to go back to him and try again. He was the love of my life until 4 years ago when he beat me so badly i was in intensive care. I dont know wat to do helppppppppp

There's no question there, NWE. STAY AWAY!!!! STAY FAR, FAR, AWAY!!!!! He did it once, he'll do it again, no matter what he says. We can all hope he's changed for the better, but HE WON'T CHANGE until you're living very happily away from him. YOU DESERVE TO HAVE THE BEST - and being beaten so bad you're in intensive care just doesn't cut it, no matter what scenario.

Last edited:
NWE, a man who beats you isn't worth you!
I don't think you should go back.... people can tryy to change, but inside there'll always be the same main problem... so it might go right for a while, but he'll return to his old behaviour...

Thanks for that its hard because even though i moved to the other end of the country he managed to find me and keeps phoning and sending messages via my brother which hurts.
I feel as though if i go back to him all the hassel will stop. I got to try and stay strong but it aint easy. Thanks for listening

Not_Worthy_Edge said:
Thanks for that its hard because even though i moved to the other end of the country he managed to find me and keeps phoning and sending messages via my brother which hurts.
I feel as though if i go back to him all the hassel will stop. I got to try and stay strong but it aint easy. Thanks for listening

People like that don't change. Don't ever let him near you again. Just try to remember the times he beat you, it will happen again. Stay away , and tell your brother to stop sending messages for him. It's the best thing you can do for yourself. Be strong. Good luck. You can do this. There are better people out there. Surround yourself with good strong friends.

Not_Worthy_Edge said:
Ok girls i need advice..... my ex hubby wants me to go back to him and try again. He was the love of my life until 4 years ago when he beat me so badly i was in intensive care. I dont know wat to do helppppppppp

Let us review: your ex tried to kill you. (yes, that is attempted murder.)

You're thinking about going back to him why?

Love him if you want; emotions are not rational.

But let it rule your head, darling, and we won't see you here anymore.

I for one would not like that at all.

Moral of the story: Keep him away from you - preferably with a big, evil tempered dog who likes the taste of woman-beating brainstems.

NWE, there's an invisible line between men that are assholes whom you can forgive for being assholes :giggle: and men who use violence. You must NOT let this man back into your life. We can accept our assholes for who they are and if we love them, then fine, we argue w/them, forgive them and get on with it. We can't do this with women batterers. They have no place in our lives. :shame: Please don't let him back into yours, no matter how 'nice' he comes back as. If a guy hits a woman once, he'll do it again. Decent blokes let off steam, they shout, they swear, they do not hit us.

Like the girls have said, stay away. :hug: :hug:

....and thanks for the piccies. They cheered me up imensely. Some of the comments made me laff..hee hee...maybe we should rename this thread: The Asshole Thread.. :whistle:

Not_Worthy_Edge said:

Don't go back to him.

Not_Worthy_Edge said:

Don't. I speak from experience. It will turn out badly for you.:hug:

Not_Worthy_Edge said:

I can see you love him--otherwise you wouldnt ask... but believe me it is possible to love someone from FAR AWAY!

Stay away from him PLEASE!:hug:

Not_Worthy_Edge said:
he managed to find me and keeps phoning and sending messages

Do you have anything where you are so you could get a restraining order against him? Seriously. (My husband is an ex-cop, this is how I think!) Because I really don't like the thought of him getting near you. I volunteered in an abused women's center for a few years and it was always heartbreaking to ask where somebody was that you hadn't seen or heard from in awhile and it was *always* bad news. I don't want to scare you...I want you to be happy...which I think will be accomplished by not getting anywhere near him.

Selfish note: And if something happened to you, how the hell am I ever supposed to look at my (red) Independent ever again without crying? :wink: :hug:

Hi girls sorry had a couple of bad days. The news is he cant contact me again managed to get a judge to put a injuction against him coming near me and the children and my brother is no longer in contact with me.
I think it got to much and thats why i asked the questions. Thanks for all the kind comments and concern. :hug:
Im now going to lose myself in the baby band thread :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom