Ok girls: waxing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Anybody here ever gotten any body parts waxed? Does it hurt? Does the hair grow back darker and thicker?

If you are a BOY, don't bother to answer!
wink.gif

------------------
...the highway speaks of deserts dry...

Originally posted by martha:
Anybody here ever gotten any body parts waxed? Does it hurt? Does the hair grow back darker and thicker?

If you are a BOY, don't bother to answer!
wink.gif

I got a leg and bikini way once. The legs didn't hurt too much. The bikini line was one of the most painful experience's of my life. It grew back pretty quickly. I had to start shaving again about a week later because they missed a few spots. I don't think that I would do it again!!!

Yeah, it's not that painful....once you get used to it! lol

*Flavia wonders if she has turned into a sadomasochist because she waxes every month* LOL
wink.gif

Flavia

I get my eyebrows waxed every two weeks.

It hurts like a bitch for about 1 minute.

Hehe.

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
I got a leg and bikini way once. The legs didn't hurt too much. The bikini line was one of the most painful experience's of my life. It grew back pretty quickly. I had to start shaving again about a week later because they missed a few spots. I don't think that I would do it again!!!

I have a low threshold for pain. Perhaps you should listen to the other girls over me.

My sister just waxed my moustache. Not that dangerous, but she burned me, so I have a wound under my nose and a double upper lip...

[This message has been edited by CatDubh (edited 12-28-2001).]

I guess one good thing about not having a social life and spending all your time on the internet is, you don't feel obligated to wax any part of your body for any reason.

Hmmm...sounds like a slogan:

"THE INTERNET: We Don't Care if You Wax or Not!"
biggrin.gif

------------------
*Echo the Pimpstress* ... Proud Owner of Animatronic Edge!

Hell hath no fury like the vast robot army of a woman scorned.

"Now you stop all this naked foolishness and go outside!
It's too nice a day to be stupid indoors!" - Ren Hoek

Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure!

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Delicious AND Nutritious!

Originally posted by Niamh_Saoirse:
Yeah, it's not that painful....once you get used to it! lol

*Flavia wonders if she has turned into a sadomasochist because she waxes every month* LOL
wink.gif

Flavia

Exactly! It's all a matter of getting used to it. Plus, how it grows after is a lot better than shaving.

Originally posted by elizabeth:
larry is a "waxed wind."
LMAO OK THAT'S IT!

This needs to go into the Frictionary.

I should go tell my English teacher about my new vocabulary.

I AM AN IRISH WAXED WIND! LMAO

I'm never gotten anything waxed. But I think I ate a crayon once.

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

"Bono was embraced as rock's latest mystic leader, a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

"There were moments when Bono even earned cheers for simply loosening his shirt"

"Listen....I could be a genius if I weren't so lazy"

Originally posted by Echo:
I guess one good thing about not having a social life and spending all your time on the internet is, you don't feel obligated to wax any part of your body for any reason.

Hmmm...sounds like a slogan:

"THE INTERNET: We Don't Care if You Wax or Not!"
biggrin.gif

I must break up with my boyfriend so I can spend more time on the internet, and stop all hair removal
smile.gif

Hmmm...
Well, I'm thinking of doing my upper lip. The Man doesn't want me to; he thinks it's CUTE! (?) I think it makes me look icky.

You ARE helping, whether you think so or not. (With the possible exception of the crayon-eater.)
wink.gif

------------------
...the highway speaks of deserts dry...

OK THAT'S IT!

This needs to go into the Frictionary.

I should go tell my English teacher about my new vocabulary.

I AM AN IRISH WAXED WIND! LMAO

I'm never gotten anything waxed. But I think I ate a crayon once.

NICE.

and i agree. it definitely belongs in the frictionary.

i mean seriously, who the hell comes up with terms like "waxed wind" !!!???!!!

it's so bizarre! yet hilarious....yet scary!!!

that's it: you're scared of the perpetually-horny-adam, and i'm scared of Larry, The Waxed Wind.

[This message has been edited by elizabeth (edited 12-28-2001).]

1. LMAO At AdamPhobias and LarryPhobias

2. Have you heard that ad on the radio where the woman is like

I HAVE HAIR

I HAVE AN UPPER LIP.

SO WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?

I HAVE HAIR ON MY UPPER LIP

LMAO It's the funniest thing. It's not supposed to be, but it IS!

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

"Bono was embraced as rock's latest mystic leader, a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

"There were moments when Bono even earned cheers for simply loosening his shirt"

one word: FEKKIN OUCH!!!!

Okay that's two, but deservedly so.

Yes, it hurts. Um, a lot. You kinda have to psych yourself up for it beforehand.

But i admit, i've never done anything other than brows and upper lip (which is very sensitive), and I can handle those.

But this new 'Brazilian bikini wax' that's all the rage now??? NO FREAKIN WAY.
eek.gif
(look it up)

Martha - what about that new Epi-stop stuff? S'posed to work without pain, is quick and easy and works great (so they say). Why wax when you can wipe it off??
smile.gif
Might want to check it out....

Originally posted by Discoteque:

Martha - what about that new Epi-stop stuff? S'posed to work without pain, is quick and easy and works great (so they say). Why wax when you can wipe it off??
smile.gif
Might want to check it out....

That's what I use on my upper lip. I forget which one I use, but it works great. Except my mom tried to use it once, and it totally did not get along with her.

I thought this was a thread about Larry...

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)

~~~
"The idea is to eroticize the male body instead of the female." - Bono

"Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness... To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

"Penises, I'm inclined to believe... are good things." - Adam

Hmmm....since I don't even shave, I wouldn't know about waxing!

LOL, j/k I really do shave...just not very often...I wear pants a lot and besides, who wants to shave?

And I feel it's my duty as a hippy to grow all my hair as long as a I possibly can! (This is gross so I'm stopping now.)

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Hey, some girls can pull off the unshaven thing. I knew this girl in high school, she never shaved her legs except during water polo season...you know, when it was actually practical. But most of the time her legs were unshaven and it looked fine! Of course, she had great legs, naturally tan and all that, but she wore sarongs and wasnt ashamed if someone saw that she didnt shave. It was really cool. I was like, jealous of this girl! Her legs looked better hairy than mine did shaved!

My 13-year-old cousin refuses to shave her legs. She says its a pointless, archaic, patriarchal practice. I'm so proud of her.
smile.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Echo (edited 12-29-2001).]

Does that Brazillian include nipples? I have very hairy nipples, and they are prone to sensitivity. I think I'd opt for no Brazillian.

Originally posted by hippyactress:
Hmmm....since I don't even shave, I wouldn't know about waxing!

LOL, j/k I really do shave...just not very often...I wear pants a lot and besides, who wants to shave?

And I feel it's my duty as a hippy to grow all my hair as long as a I possibly can! (This is gross so I'm stopping now.)

YAY! I totally agree. During the winter, all razors go in the trash. During the summer, though, I do feel a littler weird and shave only below the knee. but the hair above the knee is so light it doesn't even matter.

and the point of this is I CAN'T BE BOTHERED.
i hate it. it's so time-wasting.

and who cares if you have frickin' body hair for cryin' out loud!!!!

my dad once made me so mad. he told me, in a mad voice, that i had better start shaving my armpits because women had to for hygenic reasons. but for some reason men don't? i yelled back!

i know what the undercurrent is. he doesn't agree with a lot of my politics. ok- truthfully, he doesn't agree with any. so the armpit hair was sort of a symbol that he feared.

Hey, some girls can pull off the unshaven thing. I knew this girl in high school, she never shaved her legs except during water polo season...you know, when it was actually practical. But most of the time her legs were unshaven and it looked fine! Of course, she had great legs, naturally tan and all that, but she wore sarongs and wasnt ashamed if someone saw that she didnt shave. It was really cool. I was like, jealous of this girl! Her legs looked better hairy than mine did shaved!

Did this make anyone else think of Adam??? I don't imagine he shaves his legs.

LMAO!!!!! This is the funniest thread
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

I got my eyebrows waxed once. They were red and puffy for a while, but I really didn't feel pain. However, I have a HUGE threshold for pain. So, take my advice w/a grain of salt.

------------------
Taste is the enemy of art.

Originally posted by elizabeth:
so the armpit hair was sort of a symbol that he feared.

Men are afraid of the STRANGEST things.
biggrin.gif

I wonder what ScottPhisto has to say about all this...ScottPhisto, WHERE ARE YOU!?!

------------------

Men are afraid of the STRANGEST things.
biggrin.gif

I wonder what ScottPhisto has to say about all this...ScottPhisto, WHERE ARE YOU!?!

Eek! Don't let ScottPhisto come in here! We're all nearly shaven bald and o-so-smooth. Wait....

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Back
Top Bottom