ok

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
As many of you may know, I've been on the stressed side of life for some time now. I moved out of my house which was a bittersweet change. I have been studying 24 hours a day and have become so nervous about it that I had two semi-panic attacks landing me in the hostpital. I am not afraid to fail these tests. I am afraid to disappoint with my scores. I am afraid to disappoint myself and my mother and my college and my friends, who I know all love me no matter what my score is...but it's still frightening to me. Idealism has caught up with me again, making me detatched from reality in general. I find myself dreaming and promising my life away and rarely acting upon anything I want. My beliefs have been recently thrown out the window and I'm standing on the last string which is beginning to unravel. I am getting so sick of everyday life. I need a big change fast, or I will be ill with myself for a long time. I know this sort of thing belongs more in zc, but I wanted to post it here to the ladies of pleba, since they are the ones who know me best. I have lost control of myself, and I'm not sure what to do to regain it again. I feel redundant, that I'm not thinking, saying, or doing anything new, that I'm not progressing with my thoughts. Hopefully I will find the way soon.

------------------
I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel so I learned to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you

Oh Lilly, I know EXACTLY what you're feeling. I'm going through the same sort of thing myself. I feel that I cannot say much that will help, only that I'm with you. If you ever need to chat, just e-mail me at: abs@isla.net

Take care, Ana

Shannon, your post has me a little worried...please email me if you'd like to talk. If there is ANYTHING I can do to help, just ask. You came to the right place because we care so much about you here.

(((Shannon))))

Lilly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*huggeth* I'm all done with school now so I'll be online all the time in case you need the Mona Vox.

AH Panic attacks. I had those my Junior year at least once a week for about 4 or 5 months. I don't know why....and eventually they want away. Some kind of PTSD thing. ANYway, I--

wait, Bono has something to say.

BONO: *climbs out from under desk* This tiiime will paaaaasss.... *climbs back under desk*

Anyway I know it doesn't help fer people to tell you they feel yer pain bc then yer sittin' there are you're like "SO FLIPPIN' WHAT?! I FEEL IT TOO" so if you need me, I'll be online fer a bit. And even if you DON'T need me-- I'm STILL online anyway.

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"Rock n Roll never tasted so good" ~Bono
Get on the Boos

Burn down the disco* Hang the blessed D.J.*
Because the music that they constantly play
IT SAYS NOTHING TO ME ABOUT MY LIFE ~Smiths

I am just for you, as you are not for me ~Pete Yorn

((((Lilly))))

I can understand where you're coming from. I have the same fears as you. You seem like a brillant girl and I'm sure you will succeed no matter what you do. You parents and friends won't love you less if you don't get good grades. You should not study for them but for you.

Take care

Lilly, if you're constantly studying, my guess is that you're not getting nearly enough sleep. A lack of sleep really can disturb your thinking processes and make life seem very bleak. I know it's more easily said than done, but please try to get a few hours of sleep some time soon.
Mona & Bono are right: this time WILL pass. When you're in the middle of deadline pressure, you feel like nothing will ever be right again; it's just you and the upcoming tests and there is nothing beyond that. But, guess what? The tests will be taken, the summer will be here, and you'll have time to do what YOU want to do! And with all that time, you can decide the path you want to take, if you want to make a big change in your life or if it just needs a little fine tuning.
Take good care of yourself. The people who care about you would much rather see you get slightly lower grades on those tests than see you in the hospital. And that includes your friends at PLEBA.

Originally posted by Lilly:
Idealism has caught up with me again, making me detatched from reality in general. I find myself dreaming and promising my life away and rarely acting upon anything I want. My beliefs have been recently thrown out the window and I'm standing on the last string which is beginning to unravel. I am getting so sick of everyday life. I need a big change fast, or I will be ill with myself for a long time.

Dearest Shannon, confessional time from Kim: what you wrote is what I wrote almost word for word in my journal last year when I was a senior. It seemed like there was no point in going on cause I wasn't doing anything that I wanted to do. I still feel this way all the time. My only advice is to do something for yourself, even if you have to sacrifice for it. I ended up realizing once I got to college that I was killing myself over my grades. That made school impossible to enjoy. So I decided to do some things for myself, some things that I wanted to do, and some of my grades suffered slightly for that. But at the end of the day, I looked at my life and I was able to say that I enjoyed some of it. I was a more complete person. But everyone is different. Maybe if you took some "mental health" time and decided to do just even one thing that you wanted to do, regardless of what it costs you (within reason), that might help.

And as everyone here has already said...if you need someone to listen, I'm here...I'm not going to be online as much cause I'm home for the summer...but email is always good and I will talk when I'm online
smile.gif
Hang in there darling.

------------------
If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice.

Lilly, I know that feeling all too well. I think that it might be a good idea to take some time off for yourself so you can think about what's really important to you and what will make YOU happy. You have to learn not be too hard on yourself and like Bono said it in and interview "keep the right to disappoint people." E-mail me if you wanna talk: thebee56@hotmail.com. Hang in there girl
smile.gif

------------------
Get your head out of the mud baby...

All our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up.--Bono

My strongest trait is curiosity, I'm just lifting stones, you know, opening doors. Looking out windows, around corners, up skirts...--Bono

shannon~ girl, you are the coolest! although that's obvious cause i am
wink.gif
look, i stress out way too much over grades too, and no one understands when i'm mad at myself for getting what they'd be happy to get. i have way higher standards for myself than for others.

over the past few months i have done something that i suggest you at least try. i made myself be apathetic. sounds weird, but it worked wonders...i used to overreact about the little things. i was always emotional, and always upset. it was ruining my life...literally. so i decided to make a life change that made me a happy person all around. if something was going to make me angry, sad, or upset, i just thought about how much i would really care about it in a weeks time...or a month...or a year. perspective does wonders.

i can't help you more...all i can do is send the good twin-vibes and be willing to talk...you know the number.

love you, and know that nothing can change our friendship...especially not some dumb tests or school...you're a genius...and very motivated...i think you rock! take care...seriously

laura.

I will be sure to say a prayer for you tonight, Lilly. Just know, however, that if you're this worked up in high school, college is waaaayyyyy worse. Relax; you're a really smart girl and you'll get through with flying colors...just like always.
wink.gif

------------------
Well, the God I believe in isn't short on cash, mister. --Bono

But a day will come
In this dawning age
When an honest man
Sees an honest wage.
--The Edge

Shannon! For godsake, girl! CALL ME! I?m here for you and I hate to see you go through this alone. Whatever happens with the stupid tests, you are an incredibly bright, smart, talented young woman with a great heart and a wonderful future ahead of you, so do NOT let yourself worry about letting anyone down. I forbid it, ok?
wink.gif
(((((Shannon))))) You have the number?

-Bethany

in the words of a wise man "its just a moment, this time will pass"
i can relate to what u say completely. i have exams coming up too and im soooo pissed off with every day life. just remember that this time will pass

------------------
i'm already gone, felt that way all along

u glorify the past while the future dries up.

Originally posted by Lilly:
As many of you may know, I've been on the stressed side of life for some time now. I moved out of my house which was a bittersweet change. I have been studying 24 hours a day and have become so nervous about it that I had two semi-panic attacks landing me in the hostpital. I am not afraid to fail these tests. I am afraid to disappoint with my scores. I am afraid to disappoint myself and my mother and my college and my friends, who I know all love me no matter what my score is...but it's still frightening to me. Idealism has caught up with me again, making me detatched from reality in general. I find myself dreaming and promising my life away and rarely acting upon anything I want. My beliefs have been recently thrown out the window and I'm standing on the last string which is beginning to unravel. I am getting so sick of everyday life. I need a big change fast, or I will be ill with myself for a long time. I know this sort of thing belongs more in zc, but I wanted to post it here to the ladies of pleba, since they are the ones who know me best. I have lost control of myself, and I'm not sure what to do to regain it again. I feel redundant, that I'm not thinking, saying, or doing anything new, that I'm not progressing with my thoughts. Hopefully I will find the way soon.

First off, gah, I feel bad for posting, since i'm just a newbie who's been doing nothing but lurking since she signed up, but I felt like I had to drop a line about this.

I wanted to say that ya gotta back off the studying a bit. Trust me, not sleeping a whole lot and concentrating on things too much will seriously kill you, mentally, physically, emotionally. Me, I suffered from a nervous breakdown and i'm still recovering from it even today because I used to stay up really late, this went on for years until the day it happened. Of course, you're doing it for your own good, you're studying to keep up a good education. Me however, I was a stupid jerkwad who would stay up and just waste her time either online or cramming for things I forgot to study and do for school, but anyway, I know about the sleep thing. *sheepish smile*

About the sleep thing though, get yourself some rest, eight hours or more, step back from all the studying, give yourself some breaks, study at intervals, anything. Try not to push yourself using Jolt, Mountain Dew, coffee, anything like that. That'll jarr ya.

I'm sure that whoever you're afraid to dissapoint will understand completely that you can't make miracles. No one's perfect. If you fail, you fail, but it's best you take care of yourself first, then worry about what others think later on when you're able to do it.

Umm...am I making any sense here? Hopefully I am. -_-

A lot of what you said...i've been there. I'm still there, but i'm trying to climb out of the funk as well. Here's hoping all of us who're stuck in it will get out of it. And umm...i'll go back to lurkdom now. I'm sure everyone else said better stuff, yes yes. Take care. *sheepish smile, flees*

------------------
~Serena190.

"My friend made me do it, Bono! I have no will of my own! Yarrrgh!" ~ Me (i'm starting to regret that I chose this name, but you did make me do it. :B;)

"The kind of music I like depends very much on my mood." ~ Anni-Frid "Frida" Lyngstad, ABBA.

"I must be allowed to be as I am." ~ Agnetha F?ktskog, ABBA.

"It was a pretty special couple of years. I mean it was a pretty mad couple of years where reality and fantasy and everything got kinda mixed up big time." ~ Adam, describing the atmosphere of the ZooTV tour, 1993.

Oh Shannon...*hugs*
I know exactly what you are going through. I am so hard on myself and I just shift those to other people, so I worry about disappointing them. You are such a wonderful person and I know you will make it through this alright. You won't disappoint your family, and I can guarantee PLEBA will always be there for you.
smile.gif
You can e-mail me anytime. In fact I'm pretty sure I still have yours, so I'll e-mail you as well.
(((Shannon)))

------------------
We're here for a good time not a long time.
--Bill Huber

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom