Oh, they LOOKED [& sounded] so BEAUTIFUL tonite.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzledbylight

Blue Crack Supplier
....in the city of blinding lights.

I ran {walk & public transit} around the third lower-quarter of Mahaatan from {that's about a 3 mile area stretch lengthwise from the 42 nd st net cafe up to Time warner Bldng on info there were there{not there any more}. Back to 42 on the net, got more info, and waited abit to see if they'd come down broadway to times Sq.

I also had a theory that since they'd been up at Columbia University [Intrfrnc info}, they still might {Interscope people earlier in the morning were directing people to the EMpire-Fulton ferry satae park] show up at Wash Sq park, beacuaseit's right next to NY University- the other Big urban Campus in Manhattan!

I also ran around to find a netcafe. FInally found one to check in, find out any new info then go head towards brooklyn. I found out that They'd passed TM SQ, after I'd left:grumpy: :laugh:!

I waited till about twenty to three, then took off- knowing i had a ways to walk and or get the Bus i wanted to get to get me ajust about all the way down to the waterfront.

+++Viewers, I'm telling the rest of the story here, but i didn't want to be bounced out after all this typing on a time limit [ which seems to happen around 1200 characters from the very start of your post] as I sometimes have been on long posts or replys.+++++++

Ok. I took the train back over the Manhattan Bridge. From there I coud see {again} the EFFSP. At that point {3))pm almost know one seemed to be in the park yet, but crew. I did see as i got a different angle and view, the line of people snaking northward on the waterfront shore line.

I finally got down there- right by the Water Taxi pier with the Brooklyn Ice Cream Shop near by, after some more bus stuff. I've actually been down there before last summer. SOme one came on the bus at Candum Park Plaza asking about EFFSP. I said, 'stick with me, i'll take you there":wink:. Made our way over northwards, while still being south of the Manhattasn bridge.

I love the 'process' of a special event that I have interest in- the people/crowds, the areas around, stuff around there etc Over there've been plenty over the decaDES i HAVE BEEN TO. It's actually {while I'm not a professional photographer}, a specialty of mine, along with Rock & roll photography { of bands i love} and landscapes. SO i took pics.

Without tix were were directed to what was called the General Public {loved that duo, too } area. That turned out to be a littler City ['brooklyn bridge'] park. It jutted out into the water, but it was separted by a little inlet from, EFFSP. AAwww....

There was no doubt i'd be able to hear them [it so seemed] but seeing them, even with my augmented double telephoto lens...uh, no. So Iwas a little sad.

I told a pair of people how I'd run around all day, and how i'd never been in 21 years of going to concerts to see u2 [ I've seen bands before U2] anywhere closer then about at least 50 or more rows back.

we suddenly heard a [disturbence in the Force, uh, no] ripple of exclaimation and there, waaaay up onthe Manhattan bridge u2 was coming across playing on the flat bed truck. For a sec or so I thot i heard snatches of "all because of you"- the who-ish power chords part that sound like the music for "...a beach is a place that a man can feel....'

OMG everyone cheered. I grabbbed my camera back out of my bag. If my camera {which has a problerm that needs fixing - before the actuaLL ARERNA SHOWS!] was working I got 2 there one reg lens, one with the 270mm tele. [oh that alone would be sooo coool!]

After that I went back down to hwere people were still waiting around by the gTE TO THE EFFSP. It's tricky there, because there's this building that practicaLLY COMES UP TO THE EDGE OF THE WATER'S INLET. sorry pinky slip on caps

The space between it and the water is aout 20 feet , maybe less. It's gated. So i heard after wating a bit, they were letting the GP line in !!!!

Then they saID THE CAPACITY WAS FILLED :scream: . I was trying to stay calm, afterall I was here in NYC/brooklyn still a wonderful thing/opportunity! People moved away, I did but not too far. The I went back.

maybe something would change......

AND....it DID! tHEY STARTED LETTING PEOPLE BACK IN. OMG.
I was trying sooo hard not to push, not to talk out loud, slowly inching foward! {and praying to the rock & roll and photo Spirits, that I had been denied this nearly very same opportunity 21 years ago, never having had the luck to get closer at a u2 show-- it was time [ like the Red Sox- I wanted this sooo bad] for my unluck in this area to be broken!!!

Sooo slow...and finally one, two ahead of me got in, we were sort of squeezed up by the park benches outside the gate, then i moved a bit away from that a litle back more into the crowd,...oh, oh, OH...

I got in! YES!!!!!!! I yelled it...YES!! and then tore south to the crowd area.

Last edited:
story continued....

next part.....

I was in the back at first. There was a bit of a hill there. But there looked like alot of people jammed in there, already. So i made my way foward waaaay stage left [from approacing the stage].

Of course, the closer i got the more peole there were. And taller people too, :mad: that I couldn't see over! It remained a mostly cloudy day, so light wasn't the best- as it was now closer to 4 plus pm. It gets dark by around 5:10PM, getting darker by 4:30PM [twilight starting].

at one point because i couldn't see far ahead in front of me, I got semi-disorientated. Then i looked up there was the Massive pillar of the Brooklyn bridge , not so far away. :huh: I finally swung my head rightward and OH I was about the equivalent of say a 25th row seat at Madison Sq garden!!!!!

:ohmy: :eek:

Now don't be :shame: :yawn: bored all you PLEBA gals who've been waaaayyyy closer!
This WAS the closest i've ever been to U2 on stage EVER. I've usually at the very least have never been closer than at least 50- 75 rows away! I won't mention the time we were up in the lower part of the upper-half of the Uppermost Tier in Giant Stadium for Zoo TV.

with my telephots it became the equivalent OF-- well, i went home to eat before i came here, and spied a whO msg PHOTO I'D TAKEN IN 76 OR SO I'd left out on my beaurea. That was taken at abouit 8 rows baCK WITH A 135 MM lens.

I'd gotten full figures of Roger & pete. aND SOME OF kEITH'S DRUM SET.

Here, as i lined up the empty stage in my sights- from one end of the view finder to the other, basically it would be [was] almost full-figure view height from Edge [right near the amp staCKS] to Adam, when he was in his semi-customy position closer baCK TO lARRY. ANd in between [would be] was Bono. :hyper: :faint: Who is the medium blond gutair keeper for the Edge? I dsaw him on stage with gutair,, doing laST minute checks.

They kept announcing as it got darker, they'd be here soon...
FINALLY, after it was dark a bit of a roar went up behind the area blocked off on Edghe's side of the stage. They were HERE!!!
I couldn'y see them,. Saw the very tops of a lot of heads approaching the stage. I heard some one yell, "yeah, that's them, that's Bono".

Actually as excited as I was, the photographer in me began then to became very focused, VERY determined to get some photos at last!

I haD to 'dodge' in between heADS, SHOULDERS, OCCASINAL RAISED ARMS. Esp Men taller than me! Not too many women any taller than me. I'd ask a FEW PWOPLE TO MOVE A FEW INCHES THIS WAY OR THAT, if I SAW THEY HAD SOME ROOM.

Of course with a telle esp a longer one any inch or tyeo down several people closer meant ...BLOCKING :scream:
I was good. I was good, I did NOT yell at the people several 'rows' down to move.

FInally they were on. I'm sure you all got the list already elese where on the site. I think they staRTED WITH vERTIGO.

Then it was All becuase of you, Miracle Drug [obviously not Vioxx- poor people!] & then { mysuper :love: 4} COBL. Hmmm, Then a song i didn't recognize. Then, I will follow. they went off.

People chanted "one more song, one more song!"
aND THEY CAME BACK AND DID 2 more [am i forgetting one]; oh yessss. it was three.

Out Of control, Beautiful day and Vertigo again.

Well Bono had biggish sunglasses on, kindda like The Fly's , so no eye show. But they aLL LOOKED GREAT AS i'M SURE ALL OF YOU WHO'VE ALREADY LOOKED AT THE PHOTOS HAVE SEEN.
shit sorry pinky slip don't have much itnme before this net cafe closes d\so not fixing that

They ALL looked sexy/ great. Bono at one point came righjt toward our side , halfway past half of the stack to get an irish flag. I was looking tthough the lens since it was way closer a look!
With all that black leather <happy gasp>, he almost looked like the fly but acting much nicer. <grin> i was told i have too many emots in.

But OH their sound... My god they sounded sooo very, very good!
I was just jumping for joy inside!!!! The harmonies were great, really beautiful!!!

And bono was able to get to and hold the high notes we already have heard in the songs aired Sunday night {didn't see SNL because i was dwon at rock Center/NBC] or those of you who have better acess than I to getting song downloads/streaming done on MTV/VH1. <cheers from the crowd>

EDge, Adanm And Larry were whipping up a storm. Edge's sonics and note runs were spot on! <cheers ferom the crowd>

TIMES NEARLY UP HERE I wanna check out the other threeads. abit

MI don't know whether my sis Was envious that I could go, or wasn't thT EXCITED {OR WAS AND HOLDING IT IN} . ANdf it'd be toolate to callher or another long time fan & friend.

So I've come here to tell you.

I feel li9ke jumping up & down and nearly screaming with joy!

I know some of you are envious, I understand that. I've been envoious all these years of folks getting way closer to the styage no matter how hard we tried to get good seats. {oh, and I unlike my other 4 freinds, could not afford 300$ on -the=net prices. Not even 100$ exccept for the 9-11 concert, that half broke the bank. But it was worth every penny!

So please evenif i have to get off soon, come here and do a Virtual scream & hug aT MY LONG SOUGHT FOR SUCESS!! oh, i WON'T KNOW IF MY POOR CAMERA COUKLD TURN OUTT THE GOODS BUT IF IT DOES THEN SOMEONE WILL HAve to instruct me on how to get my stuff to y'all.

I have acess to being able to upload my photos into photshop, not sure sinCe i don't have a COMPUTER AT HOME AND ONLY E-M ON WEB-BASED ACOUNTS...

but we'll see

in the mean time DAnc e WITH ME...

Last edited:
I'm glad you were there and had a wonderful time! I know what you mean about the tall guys...at one point, this guy had about four friends join him by me, and of course this made my vantage point worse. So I asked him if I could move in front of them, because I was shorter than them...and they said yes!

dazzledbylight said:
:wink: thanks all!
{and xtra thanks for dancing "with" me, greety~:hug: <i love to dance :happy:>}

Where did you end up inside the park, DL?

I did run into an interferencer who turned out to be Lostinwoods.
:wave:

I was to the right of the big camera crane on the left. I was directly in front of Edge, but a ways back. It was still wonderful!

You know, if this sort of thing ever happens again, we should try to meet up, even if it's after the show. I would love to meet Interferencers!

:up:

we can give it a try....

heck, I'll probably be outside MSG <they said arenas forUSA>

still have to apoligise to The Edge <and get a photo>
meet Larry< +photo>
Meet Bono <get PHOTO >hopes fervently for giving & getting a hug :drool: :love: I do hail from a big Greek -American{{{huggy}}} family :wink:<

it's my :D u2 'errand list' :lmao:

OOhhh! OOppss! :ohmy: :reject:
I actually didn't #intentionly# leave Adam out.

I met him SAT nite :heart: :D !!!

<a short story i'll have to post in the meeting PLEABA sub-section by sometime next week.>

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom