oh. my. dad.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrsmullen

The Fly
so i drive down to staples to see whats up and the place is a warzone so i decide it better that i go wait in front of bono's hotel. so i waited there for a while(i got there at 1 and then around 3, bono pulls up and gets out of the car. so we yell for bono and he says, ill be out in a minute, i have to meet ali. so 15 minutes later he came out and he said he was in a hurry and took a few pictures with other people there. then he said he had to go. so he turned to me and said, ill be back in an hour and a half will you be here? i was like, YEAH! so 3 HOURS later he got back, or maybe 3 and a half. it was a long time. there were more people there by then. he got out of his car and came straight to me because he knew i had been waiting all day. and i was like hi, how are you, he said just fine. so i was like, can i get a photo with you? he said , oh sure. (btw, he was walking all weird and doing the sleeve thing, i think he was tipsy). so i got my picture taken and he was holding me really close. i thought he was gonna lean over and kiss me, haha! and i said, i love your jacket and rubbed it, it was coudoroy. and he sadi, thank you very much. then i said, would you sign this for me he was like, of course. then he got weird and he said, it looks like its going to be a full moon tomorrow night... in a really slow, low voice. then he was like, thats kind of scary.i was like, why is that scary? and my friend katie was like, the grammies!
and he said, yes, the grammies. i was like ok, ha. and then he was still signing and he was like, who is this too? and i said, its to alison, thats me. and he was like, oh, i love that name. he wrote on my album cover: full moon we danced, alison and then signed his name. its rad. so he stayed and talked a bit to everyone and then random people were stopping their cars and getting out in the street. so he was like, id better go now and waved bye. it was GREAT. and he smelled good. and i didnt freak out. perfect.

alison

------------------
It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

THAT IS AMAZING! I am so jealous but so happy for you at the same time! I think we all know what you'll be day dreaming about for the rest of your life!!!

------------------
I have to tell you,
I don't like doing intimate concerts.
I have very sensitive nasal glands and being that close to so many armpits is absolutely terrifying. I'd rather play a stadium any day.
~ Bono

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
Aren't you glad you went??????????????
You lucky girl, I am so happy for you!
Did you see anyone else?(Ali, Adam, Larry, Edge)

i saw ali, actually, i stared at her because i couldnt figure out if it was her or not. she was BEAUTIFUL. and i saw all of the kids. eli was SO cute and was sitting on the steps outside the hotel sipping his drink.

alison

------------------

Oh my god!!!!!

You lucky girl!!!

Man that is so friggin awesome. Pics now!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
The wind will crack in winter time
No spoken words, just a scream

My Lair

Oh My DAD!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I can't BELIEVE it!!! SOOO AWESOME! Gah! I thought I was done being jealous like this after the tour ended! But I'm sooo excited for you! I'm so glad you went! You went, you stalked, you CONQUERED!!!!! I can't wait to see the photo! You can scan it, right? And the autograph??? AHHHHH!

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

i only have 2 pictures i think, and no scanner. im gonna do the best i can to get them up though. gosh, im really scared to get them developed..

alison

------------------

Originally posted by mrsmullen:
gosh, im really scared to get them developed..

lol! I know the feeling from this spring and fall. But don't worry, I'm sure they'll be WONDERFUL! So are you going to sleep with your autograph under your pillow tonight? Or clutched in your hand? Wow, I am so very excited! I'm trying to live vicariously through you right now.
biggrin.gif

Oh, and AWWWWWW! Eli!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you - and so glad he is such a beautiful person.

*sigh* What a guy. What a guy.

That is abso-freakin-lutely AWESOME! Congratulations girl, wow, that rocks so much! Ahhh, I wish I coulda been there!!!!! THAT RULES!

Originally posted by mrsmullen:
he was walking all weird and doing the sleeve thing, i think he was tipsy
honey, you have a way with words. I like the direct style
wink.gif
... and I always thought Bono would be so much fun tipsy.

then he got weird and he said, it looks like its going to be a full moon tomorrow night... in a really slow, low voice.

sunlight...it's sharp and it's clear, but nothin' at all
like the moo-oo-oon...

you mean like that? LIKE THAT??

...he wrote on my album cover: full moon we danced
*THUD*

it was GREAT. and he smelled good.
*aaaaaggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!* "he smelled good" *aaaaaaaaaaagggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!*
and i didnt freak out. perfect.

alison

[/B]

ALISON, WHY ARE YOU COHERENT??

*exhausted*
Deb D

------------------
I wanna walk with you on an unapproved road

the greatest frontman in the world - by truecoloursfly: http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=1575

Eek! *Bono fuzzies*
WHOA, now that is AWESOME!!!! But, but, you sound so CALM, lol!!!!! Congrats!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
nan
MacPhisto made me do it

Every little thing's gonna be alright

i have NO idea how im coherent. i was so calm with him and wasnt shakey at all. it was just a great experience with a great guy. i'll have sweet dreams tonight
wink.gif
i just got back from larry's hotel but it was too private...and adam's where we went inside and used the bathroom but no sign of him anywhere...it was totally empty except for the security guard. anyway... lalala, off to dreamland!

alison

------------------

*jealous, jealous, jealous* *lol*
biggrin.gif

How exciting for you though! Congrats!
smile.gif

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Full moon we danced?!! Full moon we DANCED?! full moon we danced?!

*combusts*

THAT is so....

bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Awesome, girl! just awesome

Oh My God!! That is one of the coolest meeting Bono stories that I have ever heard. It sounds like he was in a weird mood!! You are such a lucky girl, and I can't belive how coherent you are today. I would be totally freakin'.

Can't wait to see your pics!!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

Wow that's kewl, I don't know how you could be so calm...when I met him he started talking to me but I couldn't say anything but Hi lol I think I was nervous cos he came up to me first...that's so kewl tho...aww and wee Eli that's so cute sipping his drink *hugs* Lucky girlie

Hey, what did his hair look like? I was wondering if he might have a new do' for the show tonight. Perhaps Beautiful Day spikes???

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

Originally posted by Ana:
No spikes thank you very much

NO spikes PLEEESE!!!! Bono is a classy 41 year old man, not a geeky 16 year old boy. Keep that hair full, luscious and FLUFFY Bono!

What color were his glasses?

Wow! I am so envious!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
At least it happened to one of our own!
wink.gif

Scan scan scan SCAN those pictures NOW!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

see, alison?! now, aren't you happy you decided to GO??? that's SO COOL- what a great story!! and i can't believe what he wrote to you... OMD, you should get that FRAMED, with your picture right next to it!
biggrin.gif

please please PLEASE scan your photos- i know that you can get them scanned at any kinko's for really cheap! us PLEBA girls need to live vicariously through you!

again, great story! and SO cute about eli/ali!!
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom