"OH MY DAD!"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jenn121

The Fly
Just wondering...who started saying this, because I caught myself saying it at work today and people looked at me funny. Arrrgh...I read too much PLEBA!!! Tried to say "blarg" the other day too but it just doesn't have the same effect in person as in print!!

So...who says Oh My Dad?

Maybe we should turn it into a game...how well do you know the fellow PLEBA members??

Proud member of the Oh My Dad Club!

*displays medal*

I think this a lot in real life along with feck, lol, and jk
biggrin.gif

And the scary thing is I actually use WTF? in conversation

DAR (my roommate): I think the people upstairs are moving furniture again...

HIPPY: double-u, tee, effe question mark

*Dar and Hippy giggle hysterically*

------------------
BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

You can dream, so dream out loud!

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Hey- I've been meaning to ask: Mona got that from SNL right? Will Ferrell? Hilariousness.

Originally posted by mocool12:
Hey- I've been meaning to ask: Mona got that from SNL right? Will Ferrell? Hilariousness.

I think so.....The Great Frog Society....It was on the same show as U2 and Val Kilmer.

Hahaaa yeah! Just checking, thanks for verifying. End communication.
(That's Slick Willy for ya- always with the smooth-talk.)

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Yes but what exactly does it mean.

And does your dad know about this?

i kinda skipped thru the snl skits, i just watched the guys perform....what does it mean Mona!?

And does your dad know about this?
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
got the swing, got the sway, got my straw in lemonade

I figured it was Mona, but wanted to make sure! Seeing as I have a knack for flipping to Comedy Central right at the end of SNL (have twice done this with the U2 show) as everyone is saying goodnight, I missed the skit it came from.

Oh yes, I find myself saying "feck" instead of fuck, wankers, and "em" instead of um. All thanks to this forum. I work with kids, so saying "Oh my dad" might have to become a regular thing for me...it sounds nicer.

Originally posted by Jenn121:

Oh yes, I find myself saying "feck" instead of fuck, wankers, and "em" instead of um. All thanks to this forum. I work with kids, so saying "Oh my dad" might have to become a regular thing for me...it sounds nicer.
Me too Jenn. I say "Feckin" all day long. My family and friends think that I am wacko!! I also say "Shite"!!!

I say feck and shite too.

Sicy- in the skit, Will Ferrell was playing Jesus, and he had just discovered Heaven's rock and roll band or something. He said something like "I saw them perform and I was like 'Oh...my...dad." I'm sure I screwed up the first part of that quote, but whatever.

Originally posted by mocool12:

Sicy- in the skit, Will Ferrell was playing Jesus, and he had just discovered Heaven's rock and roll band or something. He said something like "I saw them perform and I was like 'Oh...my...dad." I'm sure I screwed up the first part of that quote, but whatever.

I remember that now!!! *lmao*

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"

I am guilty of saying "em" at work and while I am leaving voicemails. LOL! I almost sent an email that just said "FOAD" to a coworker on Monday because he sent me a very rude email *bastard*. I have yet to use "Oh My Dad". I do know if I am watching my swearing around people (which is very rare) I say "Cheese and Rice" instead of "JesusChrist".

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
I am guilty of saying "em" at work and while I am leaving voicemails. LOL! I almost sent an email that just said "FOAD" to a coworker on Monday because he sent me a very rude email *bastard*. I have yet to use "Oh My Dad". I do know if I am watching my swearing around people (which is very rare) I say "Cheese and Rice" instead of "JesusChrist".

LMAO!!!! FOAD...have you seen the signature?

I think "FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD" at least 20 times a day! At people not even named Lawrence!
biggrin.gif

------------------

feck, shite, wanker, wanking, bloody hell, em...all a part of my vocabulary.

punk rock has become poonk rock, monkey has become mun-keh (wild honey!).

even my non-U2 obsessed husband has picked up a few words. it's hopeless, they've even invaded our vocabularys!

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
feck, shite, wanker, wanking, bloody hell, em...all a part of my vocabulary.

That's my new vocabulary too! I also added Oh my drool!, blargh!, recockulous, FOAD, and ermm... I've now called myself "Foading Machine". This because I always say that to my co-worker next to me. I say FOAD you!!!
and he says "eat shit and die". {Because he already knows I what FOAD means, guess who told him
biggrin.gif
}

LOL @ Oh my dad. I don't use that one but I'm sure it'll pop up sometime in the near future now I've read this thread
wink.gif

Does anyone else have a habit of quoting songs in the middle of conversation? See I do this all the time now...I get bored too easily so if I'm stuck in an uninteresting conversation I see how long I can get away with only speaking in lyrics before they figure out what I'm doing. Anyone else?

Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees:
LOL @ Oh my dad. I don't use that one but I'm sure it'll pop up sometime in the near future now I've read this thread
wink.gif

Does anyone else have a habit of quoting songs in the middle of conversation? See I do this all the time now...I get bored too easily so if I'm stuck in an uninteresting conversation I see how long I can get away with only speaking in lyrics before they figure out what I'm doing. Anyone else?
All the time. I don't ever say that it is a nice day, I do however tell people that "it's a Beautiful Day, and they shouldn't let it get away"!!

I've always used terms like bloody hell, shite, bollocks, bloody-buggery-bollocks, & wanker since I was pretty young (too much BBC)... and being from Alabama, NOBODY gets it! When I came back from school in Dublin, I was in the habit of saying "cheers" instead of thanks & I got the strangest looks.

I do find myself saying, "Oh my Bono!"
biggrin.gif

hippy~ I LOVE Cheese Rice... to eat, I mean.

------------------
"... move on this moment... follow this feeling"
~* PLEBA-girl powers: ELEVATE!!! *~

Originally posted by Julyfly:
I've always used terms like bloody hell, shite, bollocks, bloody-buggery-bollocks, & wanker since I was pretty young (too much BBC)... and being from Alabama, NOBODY gets it! When I came back from school in Dublin, I was in the habit of saying "cheers" instead of thanks & I got the strangest looks.

LOL...I studied in the US last year and I quickly found out that even if people threw a fit when I fuck or damn etc, nobody had a clue what wanker or bugger meant so I could say those as often as I felt like it. It was a wonderful discovery for me
wink.gif

Oh, and I say cheers all the time. But it's actually not unusual where I live so I'm not sure why I'm mentioning it.

Oo!! A whole thread for a Mona-ism!

*intrigue*

OK Basically I first became aware of it when I heard a teacher at my school say "O...MY...DAD." And I was like "WHHAAAAT???!" I thought it was the fruitiest thing. Then he said it was what Jesus says on SNL. *eyebrow*

Then LITERALLY the same week I saw that episode. It was the one with U2! *rapture*

These dead musicians put together a band in heaven called The Great Frog Society. It was Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Keith Moon, Louis Armstrong, and I think one other person, but I don't remember who. And Jim went out with Amelia Earhart! lol!

Anyway it was set up like a "Behind the Music" episode on VH1, and they interviewed Jesus! They asked Jesus about the Great Frog Society, and said something like "When I first heard these guys...I was like...O...MY....DAD."

then Jim Morrison was reincarnated as a little girl
biggrin.gif
ROFL

And then I started saying it, and Julie started saying it, and now all my friends say it. It's pretty funny. At lunch something (or someone, in my case) will fall or something, and the whole table goes "O MY DAD!!!"
biggrin.gif

The End

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL

Also I populate the school with other Mona-isms (some of which are stolen from U2!! sshh) including

feck! (variations include "double decker fecker!"

O, fer Bono's sake.

+ asaurus rex at the end of everything. *blush asaurus rex*

em...

HOO-AH of course

IT'S AMERICAN BEAUTY ALL OVER AGAIN!! although I haven't used that in awhile

NOW I'm starvin'....

VIVA LA REVOLUCION!!

I don't use "waxed wind" nearly enough as I should.....and I'm throwing peace signs all over the place!

------------------

[This message has been edited by WildHonee (edited 01-17-2002).]

Originally posted by WildHonee:
I don't use "waxed wind" nearly enough as I should.....and I'm throwing peace signs all over the place!

I was reintroduced to the "waxed wind" yesterday and I have been posting it all over the place! *laughs hysterically* Can anyone tell that I'm back at school and very sleep deprived at this point in time?

And peace signs are my thing...I wear one around my neck that never leaves and will never leave...it's not just a symbol, it's a life philosophy! Peace!

------------------

Originally posted by hippyactress:
I was reintroduced to the "waxed wind" yesterday and I have been posting it all over the place! *laughs hysterically* Can anyone tell that I'm back at school and very sleep deprived at this point in time?

And peace signs are my thing...I wear one around my neck that never leaves and will never leave...it's not just a symbol, it's a life philosophy! Peace!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
*chases Larry with a peace sign to the point that he is a waxed wind*!!!!

....wait...I don't wanna wear out the waxed wind...

------------------

I got lost in the Netherlands!!

You can dream,
But you can never go back the way you came

Originally posted by WildHonee:
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
*chases Larry with a peace sign to the point that he is a waxed wind*!!!!

....wait...I don't wanna wear out the waxed wind...

Would he then be a winded waxed wind?

------------------

Originally posted by hippyactress:
Would he then be a winded waxed wind?

LMAO!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------

You can dream,

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
Since when is feck a Monaism?
I think you'll find the Irish have been using the term for a long time, dearie.
That's why I said I stole some from U2.....

------------------

You can dream,

[This message has been edited by WildHonee (edited 01-17-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom