oh Emilie, you're gonna hear some good music today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well, 600dollars a month is expensive:crazy: !!
and in dublin if u wanna buy a house or an business office or just buy some food, it is expensive :shocked: well, compared to the rest of ireland or to france, it is :yes:

and the car insurances are sooo expensive :ohmy: well, dublin is crazy :huh: but that's dublin :wink::lol:

Yeah that's why we walked EVERYWHERE lol...and took the boos...I lost so much weight lol...we'd walk from the Clarence Hotel to the studio then to our appartments then back to Temple Bar..then we'd go over the bridge to our friend's house near the Dart...lmao I pondered about getting a Vespa but my fiance said no. lol

Food was expensive tho...we'd go to the Dunnes store in St. Steven's Green shopping centre and we'd get like a lot of cheap stuff LOL but most of the time we ate out cos it'd be cheaper. My mom also shipped us food...like pasta and cereal so that helped out.

I wish you could get a flat for 600euro a month in dublin nowadays. I've been looking on daft.ie (accomodation website) and you're struggling to get a 1 bed flat for any less than about 800 euro a month. And when you're on your own with no one to split it with, that's stupid money :mad:

hence the plan to get a job with acommodation provided initially. and there are no jobs with accommodation provided in Dublin :mad:

I know that the car insurance is vastly expensive. I've got some saved to cover at least 1 years insurance........but I've got the feeling that it's gonna be a hell of a lot more than what I'm paying now (in the UK to insure my car fully comprehensive for one year is costing me ?250 a year)

miss-U2 said:
and i think we are gonna have lots of fun this fall :yes:

:hmm:

With *so* many of you in town - Anybody up for a little PLEBAn-Dublin-party-gettogether-pubcrawl-whatever in October?! :D

:reject: I'll be in town from 9th til 16th of October.... "with a few of my close friends" as Bono would say :lol:

YAAYY merc :dance: i will kidnap you as i said :sexywink: and we will kidnap bono as well :drool:

well, i wanted to do a little update.... BONO IS AT THE STUDIOS RIGHT NOW!!!!! :hyper: a friend of mine texted me at 3.30, and she said bono was there... i hope she will meet him :hug: i am gonna meet her there tomorrow, and i will deliver finally all the stuff left to him :yes:

miss-U2 said:
YAAYY merc :dance: i will kidnap you as i said

... well, I don't know about kidnapping... :hmm: ... ok, what the heck - as long as you promise to return me back to my fellow students at some point, 'cause now I'm practically in charge of the whole program, what we're going to see ect. so maybe me disappearing totally wouldn't be such a good idea...

miss-U2 said:
and we will kidnap bono as well

... but then again - that *could* change my mind... *thinking about kidnapping Bono... :censored: mind, sorry* Ok, I've changed my mind - let's just kidnap Bono :sexywink: by October the album *must* be finished so who gonna miss him?! LOL And he just said in the speach at PENN that "...crime does pay!" so... :wink:

miss-U2 said:
well, i wanted to do a little update.... BONO IS AT THE STUDIOS RIGHT NOW!!!!! :hyper: a friend of mine texted me at 3.30, and she said bono was there... i hope she will meet him :hug: i am gonna meet her there tomorrow, and i will deliver finally all the stuff left to him :yes:

:hyper:

Excited and looking forward to the story when you get back...

okay i am officially overwhelmed by all the things involved in moving to ireland. i hear so many conflicting things and i dont know what to do! i would be nice to live in dublin because of all the cool things to do and bono of course. but i dont want to be totally broke all the time. semi-broke is okay! um, do some of the employers help you get the job permit so you can work?? that would be great

Merc said:

:hmm:

With *so* many of you in town - Anybody up for a little PLEBAn-Dublin-party-gettogether-pubcrawl-whatever in October?! :D

:reject: I'll be in town from 9th til 16th of October.... "with a few of my close friends" as Bono would say :lol:

Yes! I like that Idea! I think we would have a briliant time! :hyper:

Who is up for some serious partying??

bammo2 said:
I wish you could get a flat for 600euro a month in dublin nowadays. I've been looking on daft.ie (accomodation website) and you're struggling to get a 1 bed flat for any less than about 800 euro a month. And when you're on your own with no one to split it with, that's stupid money :mad:

hence the plan to get a job with acommodation provided initially. and there are no jobs with accommodation provided in Dublin :mad:

I know that the car insurance is vastly expensive. I've got some saved to cover at least 1 years insurance........but I've got the feeling that it's gonna be a hell of a lot more than what I'm paying now (in the UK to insure my car fully comprehensive for one year is costing me ?250 a year)

Thank God for my saint mother in law! I stayed in her gaff all the time so I didn' have to rent a place. That way I was able to save up some spondoolicks.,, :lol:

And bus...ugh!Don't make me even think about it! I hate them! They are the wosrt thing ever! And you know what really annoys me abotu them? People smoking on them!

I mean, I smoke ( not so much now because Brian hates it and doens't let me smoke) but why the hell do they ahve to smoke on the bus? Ugh!

Ah Dunnes Stores...My in laws say I should get shares in Dunnes Stores because of the amount of money I spend there and in Marks and Spencer...lol

I'm now thinking about selling my car and just relying on public transport. The public transport in Ireland isn't pretty but it's a HELL of a lot better than the crap we've got in the UK.........

:shame: for the smoking on buses......

BTW Flavia - I've actually managed to give up smoking! After 12 years of the ciggies, I've quit! 5 months now and counting...........

i think there should be a pleba house! we could get something with enough rooms and then if anybody needed a place to stay, or we need a place to get together and hang out then we could do it. and it could be someplace for plebans visiting ireland to have a cheaper room for a few nights. like free. kind of a big idea, not probable. we would need a friggin mansion. who knows, maybe the band knows somebody who needs to get one off their hands....:wink: i was thinking if i could just figure out if i have any surviving ancestors over there i could figure out who they were and i could invade on them for a place to stay until i have enough money to rent. :D hi, i'm tara, were kinda related, my grandmas moms cousin married your brothers somebody! can i stay with you? in my dreams!

Oh Emilie, Yet again Im sitting at the computer grinning!!! Fantastic story, looking forward to the next update... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom