Off to Dublin on Thursday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SallyA

Babyface
Not sure if I'm posting in the right place, and this is the first time I've posted in this forum, but I'm sooooooooooooo excited!!! :hyper:

My husband and I are flying out to Dublin on Thursday evening for two nights at The Clarence (although he doesn't know we're staying there :lol: it's meant to be his birthday surprise, although really it's a treat for me!!!)

Can't wait :hyper:

Sal
x

Wow lucky you

I'll be doing St. Paddy's day at home .. wish i was going to Dublin

What's the use of being married to an Irishman and not celebrating ST Patrick's day in Ireland :shrug:

i stayed at The Clarence in 2002:drool: and it was awesome. I'm sure you'll have an amazing time

Have a great time! :wave: I love the Clarence!

I don't know if it's still there, but U2 used to have a club below the hotel called The Kitchen. I lived in Ireland in 2001, and went there a couple times. It was pretty cool. I think I remember hearing it is no longer open, but can't say for sure.

ThoraSEB said:
Have a great time! :wave: I love the Clarence!

I don't know if it's still there, but U2 used to have a club below the hotel called The Kitchen. I lived in Ireland in 2001, and went there a couple times. It was pretty cool. I think I remember hearing it is no longer open, but can't say for sure.

The Kitchen has been closed for a long time now.

longingforBono said:
Lillie's Bordello is another really fun nightclub that U2 members are known to go to when in town. I skipped going one time in '93 and was told Adam was there that night. :rant: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

HOLY MOLY:shocked:

^
Yep. In a word I was pissed, and not in the good drunk way either! It was probably my one chance to meet any of them in person and instead I went home to, um well let's keep it clean and say I went home to sleep.:)

This little guy:rant: just so perfectly captures me for the next few days after I found out Adam had been there from people we were with that night who went when we decided no and went HOME!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom