Obsessions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Schmeg said:
AMC...
:lol: Gotta love that about the soaps...I haven't officially watched it in like five years now, but I can still sometimes figure it out. I was COMPLETELY obsessed with this crazy storyline where Janet threw her sister Natalie into a well so she could marry Natalie's boyfriend Trevor...hilarious.

I remember that storyline.

Originally posted by Schmeg
TPOTO...
My friend and I used to argue over who was better for Christine, the Phantom or Raoul. I insisted that the Phantom was the one who REALLY loved her because he sacrificed everything for her, and Raoul just wanted his little prize. She disagreed.

Ohhhh, I felt so bad for the phantom. I think I'd have to agree with you on this one.

Originally posted by Schmeg
U2...
I have been hiding my addiction as if I were addicted to cocaine lately because I can't stand the looks or the comments anymore. I was watching the Boston DVD in my brother's room yesterday because I was home alone, and my mom came home, and I got so nervous that I crashed the computer trying to get out of the DVD player...:huh: God I need a raise so I can get my own apartment...

LOL, oh, no!

Yeah...I don't hide it from my sister, 'cause she's pretty cool with my obsession (she's got obsessions of her own, anyway, so she has no room to talk), and my parents are overall pretty cool with it, but still, I'm always worried I'll hear a comment like "U2 again?" come out of their mouths eventually.

And with all the U2-oriented stuff that's been on T.V. lately, it's been a U2 overload at my house, and so I'm wondering if my parents are at all sick of them yet. Heh.

Although...they did show the "Oprah: After The Show" thing with Bono on the Oxygen channel this morning...and my mom was watching it with me, and she seemed to be enjoying it (she
laughed at a few parts), so, hey, that's a plus.

Still...the things our families must put up with, huh? :).

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

Still...the things our families must put up with, huh? :).

Angela

Yeah...I can be pretty strange to live with, I'm sure! They're good to me; I just don't want them to think I'm a freak. :no:

My obsessions:

Music wise:

Coldplay
U2 (akorse)
Bruce
Johnny Cash
Bob Marley
Chieftans
Fleetwood Mac
Stevie Nicks
and whole lot more!

Other things:

LOTRS
Songwriting
Ireland and irish history(i have all been obsessed with this)
Trying to get to Ireland
Starting a band
Counting down the days until school starts again

and I think thats it folks!!!!:wave:

Let me see...

-U2 always
-Clothes-anything leather. suede, denim or cashmere
-T-shirts and tanks-have so many it's frightening!
-Fave actor-Russell Crowe
-Figure Skating
-Books
-Post it notes and cute note pads that kind of stuff
-Boots and shoes
-makeup products
-Jelly Belly's
-The idea of taking a trip solo to do things my way and at my pace.
-Artisan crafted jewelry

oasis (esp noel :drool:)
coldplay
getting bootlegs of above mentioned obessions
ebay
clothes
and adam :heart:

that's about it...but that's definately enough. :yes:

replying to interference posts, why'dya think i bumped this one?

gangs of ny
most other movies with daniel day-lewis in them...i don't know WHY, it's not like i think he's hot or anything...he's just a fucking awesome actor!

the pogues album "if i should fall from grace with god"

u2 "the hands that built america"

irish literature and film

I'm just a little crazy, don't mind me

Hey, since this thread got bumped, I'm gonna have to confess that I'm obsessed with Harry Potter.

I'm a late bloomer and just got into the whole HP thing over the Christmas break... my sis loves HP and she made me watch the first movie... then she took me to see the second movie... then I borrowed the third book from her and read it... and then I borrowed the fourth book and read that too... all this in about a month's time! :huh: Then I went to the store and bought the first movie on DVD and rewatched it again... and I couldn't resist buying a few of those little HP mini figures that are out in the stores... one's even on my desk at work. :ohmy: I just can't get enough!!!!! :hyper: I absolutely love all the characters! Now I'm gonna read the first and second books to hold me over till June. :sigh:

:hmm: I was tempted to buy the HP valentines and send them to all my friends... but I decided that would be a little extreme...especially coming from someone who's almost 29 years old :wink:

HP valentines? Where?!!
Hmmm... my obsessions, though i will be leaving a lot out or would be typing all day...
Obsessions to do with me fancying someone (usually fictional - yes I'm strange!) from the age of five upwards...
X-Men and marvel comics (Wolverine and Gambit)
the Buffy and Angel series (All Angel's fault)
Anne Rice's Vampire chronicles (Lestat is hot!)
L.J.Smith's books (various male leads)
DragonballZ (Piccolo - I'm serious!)
Gundam Wing (Duo Maxwell)
The 10th kingdom (Wolf)
U2 (Bono/The Fly)
Dogma (Alan Rickman)
Preacher (Cassidy)
The Boomtown Rats (Bob Geldof)
Harry Potter (Snape, Lupin, Sirius, and Lucius!)
David Bowie (David Bowie)
The film Velvet Goldmine (Curt Wild, Brian Slade and various boys in eyeliner!)

Other obsessions...
Cats - I have six!
Dogs - I have two, and one is insane.
Various Punk bands that I don't fancy the members of (which is why they're not listed above)
Various Punk clothes shops in my town
Safety Pins! (The great connecting force of the Universe)
Glam Rock - Ziggy era. I'm a glam rock punk! (Confused? Moi?)

*looks at lists* NOW everyone point and laugh at the weirdo

I'm an obsessive type myself but as of right now I'm obsessed with:

U2 (especially live shows) and POSTERS!!

EBAY- that's where I've been getting my U2 posters and don't have anymore space and or $ to get them framed and do them justice!!!

food (HAVE to quit dammit!)
music
movies
books, etc.....

I find something I like and I just roll with it!! But I like my obsessions to be honest!:yes: :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom