Not-so-serious dilema...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What should I do?

• Forget about it, go to school, and go to work like I'm supposed to

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Talk to my boss and profs and see what they think.

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Screw them and just GO!

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
My family is going to Gulf Shores for their spring break this Friday. I just had my spring break, which is different b/c I'm in college and everyone that goes with my family is in high school. I REALLY want to go with them and my mom is basically egging me on. The problem is that I'd have to get a week off work, talk five professors into letting me go, and somehow work out missing a lit exam. Please vote in my poll!

Oooh, I'd talk to your professors and that. See if you can sort out a schedule to see if you can fit in what work you have to do and the time away.

That's such a boring answer:)

talk to profs and stuff
I'd try to go, but I know if I just up and left for a week I'd have some serious academic repercussions. Like fah said, be prepared to not go... but it's worth a try

I say go. All that stuff is mudane and will be the same every day. The family vacation is special and a memory you'll always treasure. Besides, can you image how resentful you'd feel on the job at that time knowing what it cost you? I doubt you'll be fired over this anyway. Maybe yelled at, but so what. Have fun!!

I'm having a bad semester already so I'm pretty much willing to sacrifice some percentages of final grades just to go....

This is tough. If it were me I'd talk to my profs, but you seem to really want to do it.........maybe burnout, in which case you need a vacation, f:censored:k the grades.

OK, well so far my theology Prof said skipping three of his lectures wouldn't reduce my grade a certain percentage, it just wouldn't help (like if I ended up with a n 89.5 he wouldn't round up based on a lack of participation) which is fine with me. My boss said he can work it out, but we're going to talk about it tomorrow....the scary thing is the lit exam scheduled that week....

The last thing I'd do is talk to profs or bosses. They are only going to tell you to 'do the right thing' which will always be do your work to them! Also, if they know you have potential plans and they advise you not to go, and you decide to go anyway, it's going to look worse for you. Having had many jobs, I know, if you ask for time off ahead of time they will say no, and if you wait until that day and call in sick they will know you are lying. So just don't say anything to anyone, just disappear. When you get back, ask to make up the work. If they ask you where you were said it was a 'family thing' ;) That leaves the impression it could have been an emergency or something important, but really, it's not a lie. :macdevil: That's the perfect solution I'd say.

Go for it!

Let's see, fun vacation or work and school work? No contest.

This coming from a free spirit who has always hated the shackles of responsibility, and has no money :p But seriously, it's only a week, I hope you'll go. :)

Last edited:
oh man guys, now I have a real problem: I forgot Easter was over the time I'd be gone. I'm supposed to go to my boyfriend's for Easter. Hm.....

:huh: hard case....

and i voted for just forgetting about it cos that's what i would do cos i wouldn't miss school if possible, but if you are god enough it's no problem. :up:

FallingStar said:
:huh: hard case....

and i voted for just forgetting about it cos that's what i would do cos i wouldn't miss school if possible, but if you are good enough it's no problem. :up:

This from the girl who's ditching school to go see David Bowie :p :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom