nosey kinda dirty question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AS far as I know, he saved himself for Ali. We may not know the whole story of his private life, but remember he was very religious in his teenage years. I just can't imagine him fooling around. Could be wrong.

------------------
Just as you find me
always I will be
a little bit too free
with myself
-Bono and Edge

Originally posted by SamanthaPuff:
I just can't imagine him fooling around.

But then again I wouldn't put it past him...
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Bonoforever (edited 09-15-2001).]

I disagree...Bono was always a lady's man, even back in high school, and I tend to think that also included sex. I'd like to think he 'saved himself' but I dunno...

He wrote 'An Cat Dubh' about a girl he was with while on a break "for about a minute" from Ali at one point...some of the words are
  • Say goodnight
    She waits for me to
    Put out the light
    Lay there still
    She waits to break my will

Yes, if I know the truth about you...

And in the daylight
    A blackbird makes a violent sight
    And when she is done
    She sleeps beside the one <--

Yes, If I know the truth about you...

But guess we'll never know for sure unless someone has the balls to ask Bon, and then we'd be lucky if he even deemed to give an answer!
tongue.gif

AS far as I know, he saved himself for Ali. We may not know the whole story of his private life, but remember he was very religious in his teenage years. I just can't imagine him fooling around. Could be wrong.

But he also wrote "Twilight" about an old man following a boy home and molesting him, and I doubt that happened to him! He was mad when people thought he had a midlife crisis and lost his wife because of "New York." He said once that you could write a song, and have it not BE you, just a character. Maybe I just want to hold onto my image of Bono. He sure seemed pretty much sanctimonious to me from what I've heard. Also he has not cheated on Ali to this day, and you know if he did we would have heard it in the media, it happens to all stars.

Speaking of virtuous, there was one incident on the Boy tour where a roadie snuck a girl in and had sex with her, promising her sex with Larry. Larry refused, saying he was with Anne and he didn't cheat. Bono challenged the roadie, and they got into a fistfight. Bono won and the roadie was fired.

------------------
Just as you find me
always I will be
a little bit too free
with myself
-Bono and Edge

Originally posted by candys room:
does anyone know how old bono was when he lost his viginity, or any guesses?

redface.gif
**you guys are making me blush**
wink.gif

most of us have dealt with the male species....Bono is no exception, my guess...15. It's only a guess though.
wink.gif

------------------
"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

as a lyric writer myself, you do pour yourself into the song, it may not be about you totaly but you are definatly in there somewhere, lyrics are so personal and pure (well good ones anyway) that its all in your head and heart even if you dont relise when writing at the time, bonos writing of the old man was probely he felt he was being molested by something else in life, not exactly physicaly, maby emotionaly i dont know, so he expressed in in third person with fiction.

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Ok-you dragged it out of me...

*I know ALL the details!!!*
*beats Gina down*

oo I don't know what got into me. Lol I don't think I was even CONTEMPLATED by my parents when Bono was married.

------------------
~*Mona*~
"We're one, but we're not the same. We get to carry each other"

AS far as I know, he saved himself for Ali.
*GGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSP* That's the cutest thing I've ever heard! BLESS HIS LITTLE COTTON SOCKS!!

*grows slightly more enamored day by day*

------------------
~*Mona*~

OK, well, let's all contemplate....

The man at the age of 41...

fifthmember2.jpg

*way back then, whenever it happened, HHHMMM...(use your imagination HERE)*
GINAAAAAAAA!!!!!! *whine* Geez first the whole RUGBY thing and now....*grunt* Lol I'm so embarrassed

------------------
~*Mona*~

OK Mona...

*dons teacher outfit and runs to blackboard*

Well, they say a man is 'in his prime' at the age of 17, so you'd better get that time machine cranking!

*judging from elevated Bono, he will NEVER be past his prime*

None of us will doubt you for a minute! He's still very much in his prime!!
wink.gif

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

OK Mona...

*dons teacher outfit and runs to blackboard*

Well, they say a man is 'in his prime' at the age of 17, so you'd better get that time machine cranking!

*Is horrified* Lol now I'm scared of men

*goes back to convent*

Aren't women in their prime in like their 30s? (I listen to LoveLine too much and prtend Dr Drew is Adam!) How does THAT work out?!

!!!! Maybe Ali should trade in Bono for a younger model. *sends Bono out to pasture* Hehehehe *steals him*

------------------
~*Mona*~

Since everyone's talking about Bono's sex life.... I was wondering, have any of the guy's been 'linked' with women who aren't their partners???
I heard about Bono and Andrea Corr but I think that was tabloid crap. I was just thinking how....lovely it would be to think that particularly Bono and Larry had been faithful to Ali and Ann for so many years on the road. Like, I know Bono takes every opportunity to cuddle any pretty girl he can get his hands on... but has there ever been any reports of affairs?
Also, what's the deal with U2 groupies... are there any? ( not that I want to be one I swear!
wink.gif
) Have any fans claimed to have slept with members of the band???

There was some 'tabloid crap' with Bono and Cristy Turlington in the early 90s. He was photographed with her and put in a junk mag, with a caption claiming he had left Ali for her. Well, later I read that not only had he not left Ali, she was also in the pic, and he tabloid cut her out and only showed Bono and the girl!

I have never heard of any U2 groupies. They simply did not allow them in the early days, and none ever came because they knew what the deal was with these boys. Oh I am sure some must have tried, but to no avail.

------------------
***Just a U2 lovin' girl!***

Originally posted by LuvLady:
Have any fans claimed to have slept with members of the band???

I have stories about Adam, Bono and Edge. No, not me personally !!I can post them here but I don't want people to flame me. They are just rumors...but some people may get upset.

So what do you say?

Nothing to get upset about. Just rumors. I don't believe them, I mean couldn't any of us make up a story about the band that didn't really happen and tell it for the truth? What about Mrs. Edge's stories? It's just somebody's fantasy and I would take it as no more.

------------------
***Just a U2 lovin' girl!***

actually I think Twilight is about the "netherworld" - the time between being a boy and becoming a man...a very confusing, uncertain time, etc. At least in the Niall Stokes book [about all the U2 lyrics], thats' what it says.

If it IS written about possible molestation, it might have actually been about Gavin Friday, as the rumor is that that happened to him when he was young...

AWESOME story about Bono/roadie! Wow, never heard that one. I think you need to post that in the "stories for us" thread, SP!
smile.gif

But he also wrote "Twilight" about an old man following a boy home and molesting him, and I doubt that happened to him!

Bono challenged the roadie, and they got into a fistfight. Bono won and the roadie was fired.

Originally posted by LuvLady:
Like, I know Bono takes every opportunity to cuddle any pretty girl he can get his hands on... but has there ever been any reports of affairs?

*stands out in an open field with plates of sherperd's pie* Here Bono Bono Bono...

PS I think it makes them even MORE appealing that they've been faithful to their wives/gfs of 5000 yrs.
smile.gif
Assuming they have. I think they have. Bono wouldn't be evil like that.

Then again...Bono and Edge...*scandal* *innuendo* You never know about that....lol where's that disturbing pic?

------------------
~*Mona*~

Originally posted by WildHonee:

PS I think it makes them even MORE appealing that they've been faithful to their wives/gfs of 5000 yrs.
smile.gif
Assuming they have. I think they have. Bono wouldn't be evil like that.

But considering I wasn't around when he was single, Ali should let me borrow him for a few days
biggrin.gif

Also.... what disturbing pic?

Originally posted by Naya:
I have stories about Adam, Bono and Edge. No, not me personally !!I can post them here but I don't want people to flame me. They are just rumors...but some people may get upset.

So what do you say?
I have also heard stories re: Adam, but they are pretty vague and old (80s), no recent stories, word is that security is very tight and the band does not usually hang around anywhere too long after the shows, so there is no real chance for "extracurricular" activities. They are human but, they also know that they can EASILY have any woman they wanted, so they must be careful not to take advantage of others. There are several references to women hitting on them and offering themselves in Flanagan's book, I was impressed with their actions. They seem like true gentlemen, yes, even my dear Adam. The poor guy gets a bad rap for his past, but he truly seems to have changed and left his past behind him.
smile.gif

------------------
J33 - 3->

*+*MaRiA*+*

I want in on this: yeah, WHAT disturbing picture????? Of Edge??? I find that hard to believe when the guy could barely look Morleigh in the eye when they first started having 'feelings' for each other....(awwww...doesn't that sound adorable??)

Proof! We need PROOF!!!!
smile.gif

Disco....resident Edge lust monkey

Originally posted by Bonoforever:
Also.... what disturbing pic?

ppl around them are very tight lipped about this subject, very COSA NOSTRA, kind of stuff!

------------------
J33 - 3->

*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by Discoteque:
I want in on this: yeah, WHAT disturbing picture????? Of Edge??? I find that hard to believe when the guy could barely look Morleigh in the eye when they first started having 'feelings' for each other....(awwww...doesn't that sound adorable??)

Proof! We need PROOF!!!!
smile.gif

Disco....resident Edge lust monkey

!!!!!!!! YOU CAN'T BE EDGEY'S LUST MONKEY!!! Not that I care.....*ahem*

BEHOLD!!!!! The dusturbing pic:
3323733523232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B6%3B%3D726%3DXROQDF%3E23232697%3B7%3B3%3Bot1lsi

MY EYES! THEY BURN!!!!!!!!!!
*blackmail Bono and Edge*

PS The cotton sock thing was in some article on I THINK Youtwo.net about the AIDS song thing

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I know there are groups at the top of the charts that are hailed as the saviors of rock 'n' roll and all that, but they are amateurs. They don't know where the music comes from." ~Bob Dylan~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

**GOD BLESS AMERICA**

Back
Top Bottom