No U2 @ Mtv Europe Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lady luck

Rock n' Roll Doggie
In an Italian newspaper it was said that U2, who were supposed to take part to the EMAs in Rome on November 18, won't be there.
That's sad! I've always loved U2's performances @ EMAs!

I think someone in ETYKIW said they were going to be at the opening of a library instead? :scratch:

:grumpy: is right. I'm STILL watching the Mofo performance from the '97 EMAs, it's incredible. :drool:

Last edited:
In the news I read, it was said that on Novemebr 18 U2'll be busy in America... in the middle of the promotion of "Bomb"

Hope they'll find the way to come to Italy!

They're supposedly going to the grand opening of the Clinton Presidential Library.

Anyone out there from Arkansas?? This could be your moment.

neutral said:
:grumpy: is right. I'm STILL watching the Mofo performance from the '97 EMAs, it's incredible. :drool:

I agree, was lucky enough to be there that night with some friends - I've never seen a crowd like that explode as they did then...Dennis Hopper poppin'up in front of us to introduce them...and to hear Mofo performed indoors, really f:censored:ing loud ...all very surreal (ok, also because they served some great drinks there at the time)

@ NEUTRAL
yeah it was a great performance, there was a very hyper atmosphere both in the house as well as backstage, it seems that everyone (other artists included) was pissing themselves in order to see U2 live at the venue...

PS you from Atlanta? I spent some *great* time there, whilst staying near Lake Sweetwater in Lawrenceville...jealous back at ya!:up:

**only now realises this thread is located inside PLEBA, casually treds backwards....and starts running**

neutral said:
nevermind. :sigh:

ok, I'm sorry...I've returned again... it's just that well, you know...you hear stuff about this place...and eh, I kinda never been here before, so I was kinda caught off-guard... I'm sorry again, it's actually a very civil thread this one here in PLEBA... sooo.. is it true what *they* say about this place..?

They'll be at the Clinton Library opening?!?!?

I had an invitation to that, because I joined it. But I think the deadline passed for the RSVP...and I wouldn't have been anywhere near them I'm sure...but they're going to be there?!?!?!?!

Back
Top Bottom