No Secret At All - Chapter Nine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sad_Girl

Blue Crack Supplier
A lot of the details of the Zoo TV tour have been/will be changed for the sake of the story. (For example, when Bono made the first phone call to the white house, his first appearance as Macphisto, when Adam and Edge cut their hair, and lots of other things) That’s why they call it fan FICTION :wink:
Disclaimer: although this story is inspired by real people, it is completely fictional. None of it happened. Even the things which are based loosely off reality have been changed/altered for the sake of the storyline. Please don’t mistake any of this for reality or take it seriously – it’s written for the sake of fun and entertainment. No harm intended. There will be some foul / offensive language and adult themes READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION

No Secret At All

Chapter 9

Taylor woke to the sound of someone knocking on her door.

“Room service!”

“I didn’t order room service,” she mumbled toward the door, but they couldn’t hear her. She rolled out of bed and stumbled toward the door, yawning and stretching the sleep away. She opened the door and the girl started to wheel the cart in, stopping only when Taylor stood in the way.

“I didn’t order room service,” she told her.

“The bill is going to room 408,” the girl replied, handing Taylor a card and pushing past her into the room, determined to deliver the tray. Taylor frowned but allowed her to pass, looking at the card to discover it was Adam who had ordered breakfast for her. He sent the message with it that she needed to take better care of herself, and that breakfast was the most important meal of the day. She fought a smile, not wanting to fall for Adam’s flirtations.

*********************************************************************************

“I really think we need to have a model in the video,” Phil told Bono. “The song can be interpreted in a lot of ways – ways that will occur to different people in different situations. I just want to focus on the simplest, most common interpretation which is a love song. You know, it’s an old story, the difficulties between a man and a woman; something everyone relates to.”

“We’ve never had a girl in our videos,” Edge pointed out.

“We also never used the word baby in any of our songs until this album, either,” Adam counter-pointed.

“It doesn’t have to be anything much; I’m not talking about making a video with half naked girls standing on the hood of a car or something. Just a pretty, feminine face in a few shots,” Phil continued.

“We’re filming tonight, will we be able to find someone that fast?” Edge wondered.

“Conveniently enough, we always keep a super-model on hand, just for this type of emergency situation,” Bono said playfully, nodding toward Katrina.

“You can’t afford me,” she told him, rolling her eyes. The silence which fell over the group was downright suffocating. Some of them were waiting for her to say she was joking, others were sure she wasn’t but shocked at her response. Adam was irritated and ashamed.

“Ok…. Well, anyway….” Phil started, “It shouldn’t be a problem to find a model in New York City, even on such short notice.”

In the end, they agreed to give Phil’s vision a chance. They didn’t have a lot of choice, and even if they were a little worried about making a video which was unremarkable to replace a great video that was just wrong for it’s time, they figured Phil deserved the chance to prove them wrong.

He was off to New York right away to make preparations while the band did their sound check at the Spectrum in Philly, where they had a concert that night.

“Hey! Phil!” Larry called, jogging to catch up to the man before he left. “I think I have a suggestion for the girl,” he told him. “You said you want her to seem sad, burdened but in a poetic sort of way, right?”

Phil agreed with Larry that he was looking for exactly that in the woman for the ‘One’ video.

“Haunted.” He said.

“There’s a girl, a dancer at Glycerin, who would be perfect. Her stage name is Roxy, I don’t know what her real name is, but you should be able to get a hold of her through the club,” Larry suggested, and Phil wrote down ‘Roxy’ and ‘Glycerin’ on his left forearm for lack of a piece of scrap paper. He thanked Larry and continued on his way, leaving Larry standing outside, smoking a cigarette and wondering if he was a fool for having said anything.

He hadn’t been able to get her out of his head all night, he’d dreamt crazy dreams that were nothing but flashes of images – a glimpse of blonde hair, the hint of a soft, white thigh on a leg wearing knee high boots, but mostly it was her eyes that kept returning to haunt him.

“Hello?” Edge answered the phone backstage at the Spectrum, which he’d been told was waiting for him even as he walked in the door.

“I’m not talking to you,” Lacey told him, sounding playfully irritated. Edge smiled instinctively and the sound of her voice.

“Really? So you’re communicating telepathically?” he teased, leaning his shoulder against the wall, his back turned to the others.

“Smart ass,” she laughed, “you know what I mean. I’m still mad at you for the other night.”

“I’m going to make up for it,” he told her. “I promise.”

“Mmm-hmm,” she replied, “I’ll believe it when I see it.” Her voice was light, though, happy and full of good humor. It made Edge’s own heart feel lighter. She had a way of making him feel almost giddy in love.

“Are you going to be in New York tonight?” He asked.

“Yup, I’m leaving in a couple of hours,” she replied.

“How would you like to be in the video for ‘One’?” he asked.

“Really?”

“Absolutely.”

“I would love that!” she told him, and he could hear the excitement in her voice. He told her about Phil’s plans for the video and explained that they would be driving back to New York on the bus to film it. They needed a girl for the video, and since Katrina wasn’t about to do it, he saw no reason Lacey shouldn’t have the opportunity.

“It could take all night,” he told her. She fell silent for a moment, realizing that he was warning her that even though they were going to be together tonight, it was not in the way she had been hoping for.

“You’re killing me, here,” she teased. He heard the note of genuine disappointment in her voice and felt his heart leap. To be desired that much by such a beautiful, sweet girl was an incredible feeling.

“I’m killing you?” He laughed. “You know, it’s not exactly easy for me to walk away. I just want it to be right for you.”

“How will you know when it’s right?” she asked with a sigh.

“We just will,” he told her. “We’ll know.”

********************************************************************************************

“What am I sitting on?” Adam grumbled, reaching under the cushion on the bus seat and pulling out the lump which he had felt pressing through it. “What the…?” he let out a laugh as he read the title. “Men’s guide to sex? Whose… hey Larry, I found your bedtime reading,” he said, tossing the book at Larry who lifted a hand to block his face just in time. He scowled at Adam and reached for the book as it skidded across the floor, but Edge swiped it up before he caught it.

“Uhhh…” Bono chuckled at the scene as it played out, “Reg?”

Edge rubbed his forehead, smiling nervously.

“Yeah, it’s mine,” he admitted with an awkward laugh. He explained as simply as he could that he was worried about being with Lacey because she was a virgin. “The first time is a big deal; you never forget it. I mean, it’s the sort of thing that becomes the subject of conversations even. I – I’ve only been with Aislinn, and that was always nice but… I don’t know. I guess, I just – I was worried about it, so I’ve been reading,” he explained. Edge always turned to books and learned as much as he could when he was interested in something, he had an incredible capacity for learning new things and he wanted to know when he did something, that he was doing it right.

“You really think reading these cheesy how-to guides will help you make it that much better?” Adam asked, sliding over in his seat to lean toward Edge, his elbows on his knees.

“Well, yeah.”

Bono and Adam exchanged a glance, both of them smirking but holding back any laughter that wanted to escape. Lighting a cigarette, Adam settled into a comfortable position and offered Edge some advice. Bono too was eager to educate his friend in what he knew about women and making love. Larry simply shook his head as he watched the scene play out, half expecting Edge to get a pad of paper and start taking notes.

~~"Lighting a cigarette, Adam settled into a comfortable position and offered Edge some advice. Bono too was eager to educate his friend in what he knew about women and making love. Larry simply shook his head as he watched the scene play out, half expecting Edge to get a pad of paper and start taking notes."~~

BWWHAHAHAHHAHA!! I love it....What a visual!!
Great stuff, as per, SG!!
:lmao: :bow:

You know when it comes to someone like Edge, there's a lot to be said for book learnin'. I had a male friend in college who was a virgin until he married. He was the real quiet, polite type who always had his nose buried in a book. He married a girl who'd been around the block a bit, shall we say, and she told me that on their honeymoon he totally blew her mind. She thought she was the experienced one but he had all the moves. :wink:

Dana

rihannsu said:
You know when it comes to someone like Edge, there's a lot to be said for book learnin'. I had a male friend in college who was a virgin until he married. He was the real quiet, polite type who always had his nose buried in a book. He married a girl who'd been around the block a bit, shall we say, and she told me that on their honeymoon he totally blew her mind. She thought she was the experienced one but he had all the moves. :wink:

Dana

without a doubt! Believe me, I wasn't criticizing the situation :lol:

I love a guy that really puts some thought and study into that sort of thing :up:

Sad_Girl said:

without a doubt! Believe me, I wasn't criticizing the situation :lol:

I love a guy that really puts some thought and study into that sort of thing :up:

word.
There is something to be said of THAT kind of book study!!
*bows to all hot nerds*
:wink:

Back
Top Bottom