no reason for this post

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WierdandGilly

The Fly
there is no point to this post except that after 16 years of tolerating ignorance im fed up. yes it's a little early in life seeing as how i will be living at least another 50 years with the same name. but i tell you no1 will ever get my name right! ever! Charlotte is spelled C-H-A-R-L-O-T-T-E. got that every1 at school who gets it wrong! did you know that i dont actually have a social security number because the person at the computer spelled charlotte wrong? so i technically do have a social number but i cant claim it because it's not my exact name. so i cant get my liscence until they fix that not so little mistake. AND the program in charge of S.A.T scores and sending out your info to colleges has my name WRONG. and the school has my name WRONG. it just makes me mad! yes i have had a bad day as you can tell i got a progress report (with my name on it WRONG) saying im borderline failing PE. PE!! i swear to you the coach honest to god just doesnt like me. ugh im gonna go read or something to calm myself down now. sorry for that. ahh listening to london calling is just hitting the spot...the guns of brixton...oh ya.:sad: :madspit:

Charlotte...I feel your pain, I really do.

Do you know how many different ways people can mess up the name Charlene? My dentist just gave me an appointment card for "Sharleen." WTF? She had my chart right in front of her with my name all over it.

I do admit it doesn't bother me as much now as it did when I was your age (I'm 36) but when I was in school, it drove me crazy.

Now, when I tell people my name, I always say "its Charlene...it starts with C and ends with ene." Or I just spell it out completely.

And I failed PE too, if that makes you feel any better :)

I can't wait until John and I get married. His last name begins with a silent "S" and also has a silent "o". :crack: I have a really common last namen right now that never needs to be spelt for anybody (except for REALLY stupid people). After we get married, I will have to spell my last name out to everybody for the rest of my life. :der:

I also always have to spell out my first name, since Katherine can be spelt a few different ways.

Ugh, my school is messed up, they keep getting my name wrong and they think its Kelly(and my name is Colleen)bleh, people are dumb.

I'm a Megan too! My name does NOT have a silent h thing going on and people always add it. I used to skate with a Meghan who's father always told me he was going to buy me an H.

PE will always and forever suck.

Back
Top Bottom