No more babies????????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2loopy

War Child
No more kids for Bono says Ali

ShowBiz Ireland, February 11, 2002

Bono's Sweetest thing, his wife Ali Hewson, has spoken exclusively to ShowBizIreland.com last week admitting that the couple will never have any more children.

Speaking in U2's hotel The Clarence last Thursday Ali said, "The house is full enough. No more kids. That's it - we are done and we are very happy. Definitely no more kids - we are over run as it is."

But, Bono is not the only man Ali is laying down the law with. The Irish Taoiseach Bertie Ahern and the British Prime Minister Tony Blair are also coming under fire from Mrs Bono.

"I'm actually going into see the Irish government this week. I have something I am organizing for this year but is nothing like the charity fashion show I organized. It is about Sellafield. I'm really trying to get everybody to do something."

She went on, "Since September 11th I have definitely been more conscious. Who knows what terrorists will do. Sellafield can't be fully protected. We will lobby the Irish government. Not just Bertie Ahern. We will be going after Tony Blair as well."

Ali also spoke about the couple being refused planning permission for a whole new floor on the couple's Killiney home recently.

"We didn't get permission but that's okay. An Taisce are doing a good job and keeping an eye out for everybody. So, as long as we are treated the same as everybody else that's fine. I am not bothered because it's one less thing to worry about this year."

Ali was joined in the Clarence by the lead singer of The Cranberries Dolores O'Riordan and Adi Roche, the director of the Chernobyl Children's project to launch The Cranberries new single "Time is Ticking Out" which is in aid of the charity and was inspired by Ali's work for the charity.

? ShowBiz Ireland, 2002.

Looks like the 'factory' is finally shut down!!!

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

[This message has been edited by u2loopy (edited 02-11-2002).]

I now have warm Ali fuzzies

biggrin.gif

Originally posted by u2loopy:
his wife Ali Hewson, has spoken exclusively to ShowBizIreland.com

Somehow, I doubt someone as private as Ali would give out reproductive information in an "exclusive" interview with an online entertainment website.

So, don't worry. I think production is still going strong at "the factory"
wink.gif

Originally posted by u2loopy:
No more kids for Bono says Ali

ShowBiz Ireland, February 11, 2002

Bono's Sweetest thing, his wife Ali Hewson, has spoken exclusively to ShowBizIreland.com last week admitting that the couple will never have any more children.

Speaking in U2's hotel The Clarence last Thursday Ali said, "The house is full enough. No more kids. That's it - we are done and we are very happy. Definitely no more kids - we are over run as it is."

But, Bono is not the only man Ali is laying down the law with. The Irish Taoiseach Bertie Ahern and the British Prime Minister Tony Blair are also coming under fire from Mrs Bono.

"I'm actually going into see the Irish government this week. I have something I am organizing for this year but is nothing like the charity fashion show I organized. It is about Sellafield. I'm really trying to get everybody to do something."

She went on, "Since September 11th I have definitely been more conscious. Who knows what terrorists will do. Sellafield can't be fully protected. We will lobby the Irish government. Not just Bertie Ahern. We will be going after Tony Blair as well."

Ali also spoke about the couple being refused planning permission for a whole new floor on the couple's Killiney home recently.

"We didn't get permission but that's okay. An Taisce are doing a good job and keeping an eye out for everybody. So, as long as we are treated the same as everybody else that's fine. I am not bothered because it's one less thing to worry about this year."

Ali was joined in the Clarence by the lead singer of The Cranberries Dolores O'Riordan and Adi Roche, the director of the Chernobyl Children's project to launch The Cranberries new single "Time is Ticking Out" which is in aid of the charity and was inspired by Ali's work for the charity.

? ShowBiz Ireland, 2002.

Looks like the 'factory' is finally shut down!!!

LMFAO!!!
After 4 kids...wouldn't you be saying the same thing? Goddamn...I know I would...
biggrin.gif

Thanx, loopy, for posting this....
Why the hell would they NOT get permission on building an addition to their house?
That would piss me off to NO end...
mad.gif

Love Autumn

She's probably said this after every child.... but ya know Bono.... she couldn't refuse!!!

------------------
Sleep
Sleep tonight
And may your dreams
Be realized
If the thunder cloud
Passes rain
So let it rain
Rain on him

Yes they do have a nice family, two of each and they're beautiful. They have done the world a favor by producing them, the little offspring of Bono. I sure hope she doesn't make him get a vasectomy
eek.gif
icon30.gif
I know this is their business but leave -um- uh- BONO intact please!
biggrin.gif
You never know when you might want another one. Besides (no offense) but her biological clock will be running out soon so they won't have to worry about her getting pregnant. I would welcome any new products of Bono if they did have them though! They have done their part for posterity, so have Larry and Edge, now someone light a fire under ADAM!

Footnote: all you girls who think that's a lot of kids, it's really not, not for rich people who have plenty of money and nannies and stuff. I am grateful for all 4 beautiful little Hewsons. Think how sad it would be if Bono's DNA were not going on into the future.

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
They have done their part for posterity, so have Larry and Edge, now someone light a fire under ADAM!

Footnote: all you girls who think that's a lot of kids, it's really not, not for rich people who have plenty of money and nannies and stuff. I am grateful for all 4 beautiful little Hewsons. Think how sad it would be if Bono's DNA were not going on into the future.

volunteers to help Adam.
wink.gif

I do not think it is a big deal having 4 kids, but than again i am use to big families and I have never had a baby. I am 1 of 4 children and both of my parents come from families that they are 1 of 4 children and even my brother and sister have 4 children. *can you tell I come from a Catholic family*
wink.gif

Mrs Bono

Ugh. I reeeally wish they wouldn't refer to her as Mrs. Bono. I mean, they always called Edge's *mother* "Mrs. Edge."

------------------
"I still can't play guitar
How the hell did I get this far?"

~Bono, Detroit

There is no way we could possibly do infinity push-ups.

4 children is more than enough. especially at ali's age..getting pregnant and giving birth past the age of 40 isn't recommended.

i know i'm gonna get flamed for saying that...

there's more to life than popping out babies.

I don't blame Ali for saying enough is enough.

Also what she said about Sellafield I totally agree with. If there is any protest or other way I can get involved if someone tells me about it I will. England has for too long now being a hazard to Ireland and it must stop also it's not much good for us either.

Go Ali!!!!

Originally posted by UV2001:
Also what she said about Sellafield I totally agree with. If there is any protest or other way I can get involved if someone tells me about it I will. England has for too long now being a hazard to Ireland and it must stop also it's not much good for us either.

If you'd like to learn more about Sellafield, there is some information on the Greenpeace website: http://www.greenpeace.org/~nuclear/

And also CND's website has a lot of information: http://www.cnduk.org/inform~1/nukepow.htm

Ali is awesome! I totally don't blame her for not wanting any more kids- she already has 4, plus the biggest kid of all, Bono!
wink.gif
I admire all she's done for the Chernobyl project and now Sellafield. Plus, it's cool that she doesn't have a problem with their new floor addition being rejected- very level headed about everything.
smile.gif

Heh I wonder how long this will last...

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"If I knew who I was I wouldn't be an artist, I wouldn't be in a band, I wouldn't be here screaming for a living." ~Bono

The Man Corral

I heard somewhere that she made Bono get a vasectomy years ago... hmmm, wonder what became of that...

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
"And the Lord said 'Humble thyself, Bono!'" ~ Bono

"It's not like a family. It's like a street gang." ~ Larry

But you know there's something more
Tonight, tonight, tonight

Originally posted by Autumn454:
No that was just a joke, she bought it at a charity event to help out, and they gave it away. Bono's fertility was spared, and he of course later produced 2 sons!

LMAO... how could Bono live without his fertility....
biggrin.gif

Thanks Autumn!

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
"And the Lord said 'Humble thyself, Bono!'" ~ Bono

"It's not like a family. It's like a street gang." ~ Larry

But you know there's something more
Tonight, tonight, tonight

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:

So, don't worry. I think production is still going strong at "the factory"
wink.gif

I totally agree-- doesn't seem very Ali, does it? I wouldn't blame her. And hail, Bono may not want any more kids either. But really, WHY does the media have to print stuff like this?? It's only their business. *sighs*

SD

------------------
You don't have to be Henry Kissenger to figure out that a more prosperous world is a more secure world; a more educated world is a more tolerant world; and a more healthy world is a more stable world, and I think that would be a fitting memorial to those who lost their lives on Sept. 11th. ~Bono on Leno, Thanksgiving 2001

Actually, Ali is only in her early 40's. She could keep having them for another 8 years or so. But I agree with Madam, there is MUCH more to life than churning out children. But i'm glad Bono has anyway!
wink.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Back
Top Bottom