NME mag

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nikkievox

The Fly
Did any off u in the uk know that NME have done a special mag on the boys?! its all info from most the times the band have bin in from past too present, great rare photos too!
Great buy for a fiver!
Nikkie vox :wave:

Hi,
Thanks for the heads up, is the NME magazine out now?? I never usually buy those music magazines as you get a few pages of good info and I find the rest boring! But I would buy it if the issue is all about U2, sounds very good.

I bought this magazine today and it's really cool. More than 140 pages of cool reviews / interviews / photos

I started reading it at 1pm (8 hours ago nearly) and I'm nowhere near finished! It's great!

It's kind of nice that its just excerpts from NME over the years, so it's completely objective (ie a few not-so-good reviews, etc) and it is a good cross-section of U2 throughout the years. Well worth a fiver!

Lu
:wave:

IrishThunder said:
Hi,
Thanks for the heads up, is the NME magazine out now?? I never usually buy those music magazines as you get a few pages of good info and I find the rest boring! But I would buy it if the issue is all about U2, sounds very good.

Hey, ye mag came out on monday and i have not put it down yet, i had too buy 2 copies so i didnt spoile one, really good pics of McPhisto in there and new ones of the band, its well worth the money, i dont usually buy themag my brother does and he spotted the advert for it last week, u will love it :)

Jam Jar said:
one thing..do you think it'll be available in the us? i know barnes and noble sometimes does....i need it! *cries* and the new rs...*sigh* *cries again* garhhh

This s magazine is part of the NME "Originals" series, which if available in the US. I have previous issues on the Beatles and Punk Rock. I got them at Borders.

stupid question, but if this is a special, you think that it will be available for quite some time?? Isn?t NME normally a weekly mag?

This is not fair. I was in the big city yesterday, but there was no sign of this issue of NME *cries*

AM said:
stupid question, but if this is a special, you think that it will be available for quite some time?? Isn?t NME normally a weekly mag?

This is not fair. I was in the big city yesterday, but there was no sign of this issue of NME *cries*

this is a seperate 'special' edition of nme to the weekly edition. I'm not sure how long it will be on sale for but I'm sure it'll be longer than a week. And it only came out in the UK on Monday, so if you're in the US I'm sure you've got a while!

Lu

bammo2 said:

this is a seperate 'special' edition of nme to the weekly edition. I'm not sure how long it will be on sale for but I'm sure it'll be longer than a week. And it only came out in the UK on Monday, so if you're in the US I'm sure you've got a while!

Lu

thanks for the info.

btw - I?m in Iceland and the nearest newsagent that might have it is about 150 km away from me. So I guess I?ll make a little trip this weekend. :)

Who/what is on the cover of this issue? U2, I guess? :confused: To those of you in the US, Borders and Tower Records usually carry it. I don't think they have this issue just yet. I checked and Borders has the 9 Nov. issue, while Tower has 2 Nov. Can't wait. :hyper:

Oh, and people in NY can probably get it at Universal News.

The cover:
00.JPG

Ordered mine today. ;)

AngelofLarrydom said:
great...going to get one!
But any of ya going to be darlings & scan some of
those pixies?!!!:hyper:

:wave: believe me i have tried too scan these pics for u so many times but my scanner is not working very well (really i havent be :censored: too read the book on how too use), the pics are coming up so small i cant tell which they are! i will carry on trying for u!
:wink:

Back
Top Bottom